S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 6291

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (Obstructed View)

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Extremely quiet.

BALCONY VIEW: This room is considered an obstructed view however as it is aft there are no lifeboats blocking the view, instead the balcony sits over the Blu Restaurant and therefore is not obstructed looking out, only down (the blue roof continues from the foot of the balcony, there is also a steel ladder sitting on the roof that you can see).

BALCONY SIZE: Very good, this balcony is about 1 metre longer than others in the same class.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very quiet room, quite a long walk to the lifts/stairs which may be a problem for some however we did not mind. We would rather the walk and have the larger balcony and piece and quiet. We would stay in this room again.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 9257 & 9289

DECK #: 9

CLASS: C3, Concierge

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed. Life boats are visible if you look down, but not a distraction

BALCONY SIZE: Average. Liked that they were covered.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Their was a water leak from the AC duct between 9257 and 9255. Carpet was soaked between the bathroom door and the bed. Maintenance repaired the leak the same evening it was discovered. The carpet was shop-vacuumed, but still very damp. They put down pool towels between the side of the bed and the bathroom door. The next day while we were on excursion maintenance set up a big blower in 9257 and next door to further dry the carpet.

The above the bed storage is somewhat awkward to use for a short person, but it is roomy.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1146

DECK #: Sky (Deck 10)

CLASS: C-3

AREA: Mid-Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Perfect

BALCONY SIZE: Regular size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This room was in a perfect, quiet location for us. We liked it so much that we have booked the same room for our upcoming Eclipse cruise in November 2013. Love the footrests that are provided in Concierge-class balcony chairs.

CABIN #: 1546

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua Class (A2)

AREA: Forward, starboard, and right under the beauty salon

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Can see the bridge towards the left. No obstructions.

BALCONY SIZE: Regular

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: (31 Oct 13 sailing) We liked the location of the cabin being next to the elevators/stairs - easy to get to deck 14 for the elite social hour and the spa area on deck 12. It's located forward of the ship, so we had some walking to do to go aft, but we didn't mind. There was no noise from above or from the cooridor. Our cabin attendant (Venty) and his assistant were wonderful and attentive. I would book this cabin again.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

CABIN #: 1627

CLASS: Aqua Class (A2)

AREA: Aft, port, under suites on deck 12

BED NEAR: Veranda

QUIET?: Yes, no noise from suite above and no corridor noise

BALCONY VIEW: Could not see the bridge as we were located past the area where the elevators are. No obstructions. Every port but one (If I recall) we docked on the port side which allowed for great views and photos from our balcony. We spent a fair amount of time on our balcony (weather was awesome for November).

BALCONY SIZE: Regular

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: (31 Oct 13 sailing) We liked this cabin alot, not too far from elevators and since we were Aft we had easy access to Blu. Cabin staff were wonderful (Antonolio and Eddy) and would book this cabin again.

DINING: BLU - I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience in Blu while my wife would have preferred the main dining room due to her not liking seafood. She likes lamb as her go to meal but not 3 times on 1 cruise, more pasta choices would be been better for her. Open seating from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. I ordered from the "Classic Menu" 3 times as I did not like the daily choices but the meals were still very good (NY Strip Loin twice and Salmon once). Breakfasts in Blu were great and should not be missed. This is a full service breakfast so not need to line up for the buffet each morning (6:30am to 9:00am if I recall). Pastries, healthly menu as well as good old bacon and eggs and free fruit juices (ok not free but included in the price of your ticket icon7.gif). All staff in Blu were fantastic and very attentive.

PERSIAN GARDEN: Access is included with this cabin.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding this cruise and/or cabin. Email direct or post here.

Dave and Diana

2 ramsays at gmail dot com (no spaces in email address)

CABIN #: 8340

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Aft, starboard corner

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: Yes, with the exception of occasional window washing scaffold squeak

BALCONY VIEW: Wide open view aft, slight obstruction from window washing platform, but easy to see around.

BALCONY SIZE: Huge! two lounge chairs with foot rests and a table.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: It's a long walk back to this cabin, but well worth it! There are no neighbor noises, very private, tons of storage space (made me wish I had packed more!) and the afternoon tea was a real treat. If I ever get the chance, I'll book this cabin again!

CABIN #: 9380

DECK #: Panorama (9)

CLASS: Concierge C1

BALCONY VIEW: Great view of wake

BALCONY SIZE: Wider than 2 adjoining cabins

WIND A PROBLEM?: No, Transatlantic Apr 2013, tailwind

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No, tailwind had exhaust go straight up

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:No cover above. Faced afternoon sun across Atlantic. I brought a sunsail attached with heavy duty magnets. Enjoyed the sun during day and the soothing wake sound at night.

Edited by Austrian

CABIN #: 1637

DECK #: Penthouse deck

CLASS:AQ2

BED NEAR: bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: regular

COMMENTS: partial overhang providing shade when needed. Two chairs with footrests and a table provided.

This cabin was close to the library and the stairs and elevator were not far away. It was very quiet. We would book this one again.

Anyone else get suite guarantee assignments for Jan 11 sailing? I think we pretty much got the worst room. Never ever doing STE GTY again.

We are below Oceanview Cafe. Anyone ever stay in this room or vicinity? How noisy? How bad is the overhang and support poles?

Thanks

Edited by jenniebnyc
posted in wrong thread! sorry!

Anyone else get suite guarantee assignments for Jan 11 sailing? I think we pretty much got the worst room. Never ever doing STE GTY again.

We are below Oceanview Cafe. Anyone ever stay in this room or vicinity? How noisy? How bad is the overhang and support poles?

Thanks

I am sure you will be happy. However, if you quickly call Celebrity and another suite in the same (or lesser) category is available, they will switch you. We were lucky on the summit and were able to change. Only if another is available of course- Do not sweat- another time we got assigned a handicapped suite next to the elevator and it was wonderful- and not noisey as I had feared. I only was upset that we didn't have a bathtub- and just a shower- but the cabin was much larger as it was designed for a handicapped person. Our butler and the suite perks were wonderful!

Edited by Cruise a holic

CABIN #: 1688

CLASS: S1

AREA: Back Aft Starboard Corner

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: Aft and Starboard

BALCONY SIZE: extra large with an angle

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is not one of their better S1's. We had more closet hanging/shelf and drawer space in one of their S2 staterooms.

On the balcony to the starboard side, there is a HUGE obstruction -- window

washing machine. You could not see anything to the starboard side. If you just want to view aft, it was unobstructed. I would never book this cabin again unless it was given to me as a free upgrade.

CABIN #: 2150

CLASS: A1

AREA: Hump

QUIET?: yes and no

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Excellent location on the ship with huge balcony. Only problem was one evening they had some dance party on the pool deck that took place in the evening until midnight. We could hear the noise from above that evening. Didn't bother me, but my wife was irritated. I told her to put in her CD player head phones. :)

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1077

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Port (forward)

BED NEAR? (Balcony or Bath): Balcony

QUIET? Yes, very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: On rear angle of hump, no forward view. Window washing basket parked in front of 1547/1549 on deck 11 and also in view from 1077, not a major obstruction but visible.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

COMMENTS: Close to forward elevators/stairs. Close to library. Quite a bit of movement (and squeaking) in heavy seas.

Sandi, I am trying to access the cabin list, but Google wants me to sign in, and as I do not have a google account, and am not particularly interested in creating one (although I use Chrome), is this something new? EM

edit: I was able to access it from IE. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

CABIN #: 1608

CLASS: AQ1

AREA: Midship starboard side hump

QUIET?: NO!!

BALCONY VIEW: Forward and Starboard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Room is a hump looking forward. Caution: This means there is lots of wind on the veranda. Would suggest an aft facing veranda to avoid the wind issue. Worse was the noise - there are three sources of noise - most annoying is the music played above your room on the pool deck on several nights of a Caribbean cruise. (Not sure if this is a factor in the Baltic/Norway.) Less annoying are the sounds from deck chairs being sorted above the room at 6:30AM and the steward's locker just outside the room. Although the physical location and layout is nice, I would not book this room again.

CABIN #: 1667

CLASS: Sky Suite S2

AREA: Aft, facing rear

QUIET?: Sort of

BALCONY VIEW: Aft

BALCONY SIZE: 50% wider than standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: not really

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: PROS - cabin is 50% wider than standard room, "white noise" from wake, view of sail away, very nice bathroom with rain shower head, tons of storage. CONS - no shade on veranda, positioned 1 deck below Oceanview Bar (some music and talking noise, trash blows down to the veranda, absolutely no privacy on veranda as people can look down directly), shower head is for people 6'3" or under, neighbors' toilet flushes are loud, far from nearest elevator and stair

Detailed review coming soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CABIN #: 1644

CLASS: Aqua A2

AREA: Mid aft - starboard

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: No obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: regular balcony

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: quiet location – would stay in this cabin again

Ship: ECLIPSE

Cabin# 1668

Deck # 11

Class: Concierge

Area: Stern facing aft

Bed: Near balcony

Quiet: Yes, very little noise from bar area two decks up.

View: nice view of wake

Balcony size: smaller than some, but still had two chairs, two footstools and a dining table.

WInd: Not much

Soot: We had soot on the floor and furniture. Used pool towels to cover them. Room attendant cleaned the area daily.

Problems/Comments: We did not care for the uncovered balcony. Bright sun at times, no protection from the rain. Loved the view however.

Edited by runnerandme

CABIN #: 9364

DECK #: 9/Panorama

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Starboard/Aft

BED NEAR: Verandah

QUIET?: Yes with the exception of noisy neighbors

BALCONY VIEW: Unrestricted/aft/center

BALCONY SIZE: Average

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This was a nice cabin, although I wonder being so far aft if we felt more motion than those midship. It could have been the weather as well. I did sense a "musty" odor in the cabin. Michelle was our attendant with Leroy assisting . . . they were simply the best. It was a good distance to the elevators which really didn't bother us. Storage was limited. Closet access a bit tight.

Edited by bozisgal

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1636

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Starboard, Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Exceptionally

BALCONY VIEW: No obstructions.

BALCONY SIZE: standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We didn't realize that the bed was next to the veranda. In future we would make sure that the seating area was next to the veranda, as we prefer the cabin to have the bed closer to the bathroom.

There is a mine of great information in the spreadsheet and huge thankyou to the person keeping records. Sometimes there is conflicting information on the cabin layout (same ship and cabin). ie. 1014 has the bed reported to be close to Balcony by 1 person and close to Bath by another. I wish there was some way that this could be decided by reference to Celebrity Deck Plans.

CABIN #: 2165

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Aqua Class Suite

AREA: Mid-Ship/Port Side/Right Near Elevators/Stairs

QUIET?: No

BALCONY SIZE: Typical Aqua Class Suite balcony size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: A LOT of noise from up above, dies down in the evening. No glass doors from elevator bank, so you do hear a lot of "traffic" noise and elevators chiming. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms.

Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators (despite the noise) and stairs.

Full size table on balcony.

CABIN #: 2166

DECK #: 12

CLASS: C2 Concierge class balcony on the hump.

AREA: Mid-Ship/Port Side/Right Near Elevators/Stairs.......great location.

QUIET?: No

BALCONY SIZE: Angled larger balcony on the hump

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: A LOT of noise from up above, starts in the early morning, dies down in the evening. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms while on the calcony, there was a sewer pipe right in the middle of the balcony.

Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators and stairs, and 1 deck down from the oceanview cafe in the morning to get a quick breakfast for our balcony.

CABIN #: 1557

CLASS: Aqua Class A1 Balcony.

AREA: Mid-Ship/Port Side.......great location.

BED NEAR: Balcony.

QUIET?: Very quiet, YES.

BALCONY VIEW: Between Humps.....Mid-Ship.

BALCONY SIZE: Regular.

WIND A PROBLEM?:no.

.PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is one great cabin. Very quiet, no vibrations. About 7 cabins down from the the Mid-Ship elevators. Probably one of the quietest cabins ever. Changed my view on beds near the balcony which I now prefer.