HAH - The Love and Marriage Game is Fixed!

yogimax

Just got off Liberty and had talked to the "senior" couple that participated in the "Love and Marriage" Game. Yes, they won. Was it a surprise? Not really since the husband said this was the eleventh time they played the game and the eleventh time they won! Wow - think they might have known the questions?

Yeah, it is entertainment, but was it fair to the other two couples?

My parents were on about a year ago on Liberty of the Seas. They didn't win and it wasn't rigged. If you sail enough, you will learn the the questions are usually always the same or similar from cruise to cruise. That couple probably already had standard answers for the questions and alwasy partisipated because they could win and get the free stuff.

Just got off Liberty and had talked to the "senior" couple that participated in the "Love and Marriage" Game. Yes, they won. Was it a surprise? Not really since the husband said this was the eleventh time they played the game and the eleventh time they won! Wow - think they might have known the questions?

Just off the same cruise and our group felt it was unfair to the other older couples who wanted to play. It was obvious that the older couple chosen had played the game many times before (I mean they've been on 68 cruises).

I thought the young couple should have won!

I was a newlywed on the game show on my first cruise and the game is not fixed. Yes the questions are mostly the same on every cruise but if you know your partner you will do good. The show is really to see the reactions of the couples it was a fun game and we got second place. Everyone couple was a winner though and got the same prizes.

Because of the way they usually pick the older couple, I don't see a way to keep the regular older cruisers of it unless another couple happens to have been married longer. If it make you feel any better, they also have to what the same entertainers over and over as it does seem like RCCL changes their acts very often.

We have sailed with RCI 15 times, played L&M 6 times and won 4 times. When we aren't selected to play we watch the game.

So we know most of the questions and when the CD springs a new one we can usually figure out what the other will say (when we are playing). Lots of the newlyweds, especially the younger ones, haven't caught on that you have to say what the spouse will probably say, not what you think.

We once were in a game as the oldsters when the question was to the hubbies, "Which one of your former girlfriends is your wife jealous of?" The newlywed named a name, then when his spouse missed it, admitted that DW probably didn't even know the girl existed. Duh!

Just love the freezer bag of cruise Cr_p that goes to the players; when we win, we always take the bubbly to the dining room for supper the next night, as our tablemates applaud our well oiled performance.

Whoopie !!!!

I can also that it is NOT fixed...My wife and I were selected on our honeymoon, and it was a blast...Just sounds like a couple who has seen it many many times...Time for the CD's to come up with some new questions I guess!

We all sat in the audience one night and watched a couple win by cheating. It was so obvious to everyone and I believe the CD knew too.

Every time the CD asks the questions, the spouses are off stage.

When the wife or husbands come back to their spouses, he then asks the three/four question? for the husbands/wifes to chose from.

She and he would nudge the others arm/leg each time the question was spoken so they knew what to say.

They had it all planned out ahead of time too. I assume they had taken many cruises before and practiced/knew the questions also.

They got almost a perfect score. :mad:

The audience can see this. :eek:

We were recently on a cruise where you knew that the one couple had heard all the questions before or even participated before. In my opinion it ruined the show. The best part of watching the show is seeing those couples who have no idea of what is going to happen.

As someone else said, maybe its just time for new questions? If this keeps up we'll just skip it. Same thing goes for those who bring a bag with them to quest! Is it really worth the cheezy prizes????

Same thing goes for those who bring a bag with them to quest! Is it really worth the cheezy prizes????

We brought a bag to Quest once. And still COULD NOT WIN. I am a terrible cheater. :(:p Don't bother to try anymore (to cheat, not win.;) :D)

How hard is it for the CD's to just invent some new questions???? I mean c'mon, there are SO many different things you can ask people in the Love and Marriage show.

What is supposed to make this game fun and entertaining is the spontaneity of the questions and answers. If most of the audience knows the questions ahead of time, how much fun is it really?

I don't usually go to the L&M anymore (guess I am jaded!). It just isn't all that funny when I know how the game is going to play out! :rolleyes:

It's not fixed, but if you are a regular cruiser, you come to know the questions. DH and I were the honeymoon couple on our Honeymoon and we won. I think the CDs really need to do some research and switch up the questions. The Newlywed Game was on air for a few years, you'd think they'd have enough material to get new questions from!

We brought a bag to Quest once. And still COULD NOT WIN. I am a terrible cheater. :(:p Don't bother to try anymore (to cheat, not win.;) :D)

Quest! OMG I still laugh when I think back to that night. My husband won the dubious honour of "Miss Radiance of the Seas" at the end. Of course our friends nsisted this was a kodak moment. It was so much fun though - better if you haven't played it before and don't cheat. People worked together really well and I swear there were more laughs and smiles that night than any other.

Doesn't everyone know the senior couple always wins? The questions are rigged in their favor. Haven't watched one yet that the seniors didn't win.:rolleyes:

Does anyone care? :rolleyes:Seriously, it is silly.

Now if you want to talk cheating. I have seen people play trivia with the answers, of course, these cheaters are long time many cruise CC members. They collect the answers and then they win trivia.

I think these kinds of people have some very serious self-esteem issues.:eek:

jc

On one of our cruises, anyone interested received a ticket. They had three different color tickets for the three different age groups and anyone that was interested in playing was given a ticket. They selected one ticket from each age group and that's how they were chosen to participate. Everyone had an equal chance.

I've said it before, and I agree. It would not take a CD 15 minutes to come up with unique questions. I swear the 2 carnival cruises I went on had the exact same questions.

If the questions were unique the show would be TOTALLY worth seeing.

My point is fairness. Sure the prizes are not the greatest, but still it wasn't fair to the two other couples.

Two simple solutions... give the first opportunity to those who have never participated

Second... as many have mentioned, come up with new questions. Seriously, are the Cruise Directors that lazy? The same goes for the "Top Ten Stupid Questions." They are always the same. Surely the cruise line can come up with one or two new ones every year!

And yes, we also met someone on the same cruise who brings a bag filled with stuff to the Quest. And finally, yes, we have won trivia more than once, but not because we cheat - we simply know a little more! Ha!

On our cruise last year on the Jewel, the oldest couple did not win although they were the funniest. I was one of the contestants for the Music Trivia game. I came in second and got a bottle of sparkling wine for my troubles. The winner got the same. We all had a great time.:D

Quest! OMG I still laugh when I think back to that night. My husband won the dubious honour of "Miss Radiance of the Seas" at the end. Of course our friends nsisted this was a kodak moment. It was so much fun though - better if you haven't played it before and don't cheat.

My favorite thing to do with Quest is to con some first timers to be part of my team, particularly males.:p The times I won, our Miss of the Seas was a first timer.:D

Archived