How baby friendly is the Coral Princess?

ardentcruiser

My wife and I are considering an Alaska cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver in May. We have a son who will be one year old at that time. How baby friendly is the Coral Princess? We have never been on a Princess Cruise before so we are deciding if it is feasible with our son. Any thoughts?

As on any Princess cruise, to be able to partake in the children's club, the child must be 3 years old. However you may take him into the Fun Zone to play with some toys provided you are there to look after him.

As for food, you can ask the waiter/head waiter to prepare some special foods that he likes. High chairs are available as well.

Enjoy the Coral! She's a great ship.

My wife and I are considering an Alaska cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver in May. We have a son who will be one year old at that time. How baby friendly is the Coral Princess? We have never been on a Princess Cruise before so we are deciding if it is feasible with our son. Any thoughts?

Princess will supply a pack and play for your stateroom for a baby. They will also provide baby food if pre-ordered. You will be responsible for diapers and other items your child will need while onboard. Just keep in mind that you really need to bring most of the things with you as they are not available for purchase on the ship, including a stroller of some type that you can store in your stateroom when not in use.

Whether Princess (or any other cruise line) is actually baby friendly? Let's just say that the walls of the staterooms on any ship are not sound proof enough if you have a crying baby during the night. :o

As previously mentioned, Princess does not provide babysitting or non-supervised access to the childrens club for any children under 3 (and they must be totally potty trained to attend).

So, if after alll that you still think this sounds like fun. Jump onboard and enjoy your cruise as a family. ;)

As previously mentioned, Princess does not provide babysitting or non-supervised access to the childrens club for any children under 3 (and they must be totally potty trained to attend).
Also, they must be 100% potty trained (no swim diapers) to go into any of the pools or even play on the ledge beside the pool. I'm not sure about the kiddy pool in the Fun Zone; they may have other criteria.

I don't think it's the place for a baby. You will be miserable in a small cabin. Not sure where you will store on the darlings gear.

While the walls between cabins seem to muffle noise pretty well, you never now if you get a real crabster next door. Babies cry for no reason which could be really irritating.

I adore all six of my grandchildren. That said, I would not recommend a cruise with a child under three unless you are cruising with extended family who would assist with child care. With all three of our daughters (now adults) we pretty much did camping or cabins or stayed with relatives who lived out of town. To have some time to ourselves, we left the baby/preschool children with grandparents and took off for two/three day get-aways by ourselves.

Your child will also be charged a 3rd person fare.

Some people seem to do quite well traveling with small children. Others, you can tell by the look on their faces after a couple of days that a cruise with small children was a very bad decision for them.

On a positive note:We took our oldest (now 35) on a cruise with

us when she was 9 months old. It was pretty easy. However, at that time we could put her to sleep at night and go to dinner and the room steward sat outside our room and listened for her to cry.

You know your child's schedule and whether he/she sits still for meals.etc

We have seen at least one couple with a baby on every cruise we've been on.

I have a feeling you were asking more about playrooms and a kids pool, etc.

We have taken a small grandchild (2) on a Carribbean cruise and it worked out well since we did alot of beach excursions...however, Alaska involves alot of sightseeing to appreciate it, and I would think that would not be as good a match for an infant.

Before you get beat up too bad on this board, go to the family cruise critic message board for real up to date information. I would assume you would rather hear from parents of todays children on modern ships. Plenty of reviews and solid info over there with first hand knowledge cruising with a 12 month old.

Archived