Anyone on board Golden know why it is delayed?

DanaPointBob

Greetings,

Does anyone on the Golden Princess know why it will be late arriving in LA on Wednesday? I am a TA and I just received a notification from Princess stating that anyone arriving at the port before 1pm will be turned away.

Greetings,

Does anyone on the Golden Princess know why it will be late arriving in LA on Wednesday? I am a TA and I just received a notification from Princess stating that anyone arriving at the port before 1pm will be turned away.

I'm booked for that trip and I received the same email this morning. I called Princess and the woman I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. I'm going to call again later and see what I can find out.

Most likely it's probably a medical evacuation that required them to turn around, but it could also be adverse weather (rough seas).

We probably won't know until someone on the current voyage writes a reveiw...

Well since they are currently going in excess of 31 knots I am not sure about the rough seas. It might be that they were late leaving Maui. Odd thing is that they still have one more port to visit that they could leave early in order to make up time.

Well since they are currently going in excess of 31 knots I am not sure about the rough seas. It might be that they were late leaving Maui. Odd thing is that they still have one more port to visit that they could leave early in order to make up time.

31 knots:eek:..they must have a tail wind

number one - this ship cant do 31 knots no2 we are not late and expect to arrive San Pedro at 7am Wed. They sent out the same message on the last cruise - to deter early arrivals at the pier and a log jam. We received the same message 2 days before departing Mar4 and embarcation was smooth and orderly because of it:)

A cruise ship that does 31knots :confused:, only if it's a Nimitz class carrier :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

A cruise ship that does 31knots, only if it's a Nimitz class carrier.............:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Woohoo!! I want cruise on that one! It will give the term "wind blown look" a whole new meaning!! LOL! :D

They sent out the same message on the last cruise - to deter early arrivals at the pier and a log jam. We received the same message 2 days before departing Mar4 and embarcation was smooth and orderly because of it:)

Maybe they will use the same tactic for Seattle Pier 91 since many are predicting it will be at best a disaster! I hope this 'thought' doesn't turn into a 'rumour' and then into mis-information masquerading as 'fact'

Maybe they will use the same tactic for Seattle Pier 91 since many are predicting it will be at best a disaster! I hope this 'thought' doesn't turn into a 'rumour' and then into mis-information masquerading as 'fact'

That would NEVER happen on the internet...;)

We are currently on the Golden....having the most fantastic time, by the way. We were delayed getting on as they had to replace some of the crew and do a deep cleaning due to a small norovirus breakout onboard from the previous cruise. We have also had a small breakout on this cruise, so they may just be conducting a thorough sanitizing of the ship before allowing anyone to board.

They also seem to be spraying the carpets constantly with something that looks to be a pesticide. I was in the dining room one night and hate to say anything negative about such a wonderful ship, but think something was biting my legs while at the table. I think it might just be sand fleas or something passengers brought back on from one of the islands. Don't think this can be helped in any way other than what they are already doing.

I haven't heard we were getting in late....and we are definitely smoking across the waters to get back toward the mainland. We do have one more stop in Ensenada, so don't think it could be the weather that is holding us up. It is quite drury outside and we are rocking and rolling...but no real sea sickness as of yet. Keeping those fingers crossed.

Hope this helps....I will write a review when we get back home. Only a few days left...will miss this most wonderful staff and crew! They are doing such an amazing time keeping us all happy.

I just heard from Hulagirl and she thought the same thing (they wanted to delay the people from embarking so they could thoroughly clean the ship).

They were told to arrive late for their sailing also (though they didn't and were let on).

She thought the ship was in better condition (in reference to noro) then it was a few days ago.

Thanks for the update Cruise Raider..with so many staff from so many countries,there must always be a few w/ colds. flu etc. Im thinking..

Any floors or areas of the ship to watch out for..re sand fleas or whatever?

When exactly do you get off the ship..Monday Morning?

We get on Wednesday..hope its clean by then..

Hugs from Alberta Canada..

Thanks for the update Cruise Raider..with so many staff from so many countries,there must always be a few w/ colds. flu etc. Im thinking..

Trust me, the problem is more than likely to be passenger related. Crew members are indoctrinated about cleanliness at every moment on board; not so us passengers...

Any floors or areas of the ship to watch out for..re sand fleas or whatever?

When exactly do you get off the ship..Monday Morning?

We get on Wednesday..hope its clean by then..

Hugs from Alberta Canada..

They will be getting off the ship Wednesday morning, right before we are to board. I hope they are able to get everything cleaned quickly.

Archived