Post your memorable ANTIGUA PICS HERE!

Aplmac

Several little shops along the waterfront boardwalk between the two piers

Hangups.jpg

Stuck my head in this St.Johns shop -and couldn't believe my eyes.

Wind chimes and mobiles by the hundred!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH BOOOOOYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I NEED the name of the shop with the hundreds of wind chimes in the photo above PLEASE??????? I Love windchimes!!!

Joanie

OOOOHHHHHH BOOOYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED the name of the shop with the hundreds of wind chimes in the photo above PLEASE????

I Love windchimes!!!

Joanie

Sorry Joanie, but this was a year or two ago, girl (Jan. 2008?)

and I never did know the name of the shop, anways!

It was literally a quick passing snap-shot (and I don't often do that!)

I can tell you it wasn't too far into the town from the base of the pier

literally a five minute walk!

Perhaps you might try printing the picture and walking with it

to show locals, as you search?

Someone will clue you in, I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some of my favourite photos from Antigua:

A Pirate Ship and the Carnival Victory

CarnivalVictoryCruise015.jpg

Nelsons Dockyard

IMG_0557.jpg

Boathouse Pillars at Nelsons Dockyard

IMG_0553.jpg

Rugged Landscape at the Blockhouse

IMG_0567.jpg

Long Bay Beach

IMG_0588.jpg

Devils Bridge

CarnivalVictoryCruise089.jpg

• 4 months later...

986841364_hHpTd-L.jpg

986031358_ceuUK-L.jpg

986089844_T8N6z-L.jpg

986084714_iZgRu-L.jpg

986085492_NiDxB-L.jpg

986087511_JKUXr-L.jpg

A few of my favorites from our visit to Antigua in March of this year... I found the island to be very photogenic, with lots of opportunities for excellent land and seascapes

• 2 weeks later...

Spent two years working in Antigua, 1 year as an IT professional (1st profession) and the 2nd year as a SCUBA Instructor (since 2003).

A picture from SCUBA diving here, one of my favourite dive sites, Pillars Reef.

pillars1.jpg

Just gorgeous diving down south.

WOW - thank you all so much for these great pics, I have spent the last hour reading every post and checking out all the pictures! We are in Antigua for the first time in January and we were excited before we saw this thread.....now I am counting down the days :)

we have booked a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua and he is giving us a tour of the Island with a stop at Long Bay so we can all snorkel. Based on everyone's experience is this the best way to spend our day? Since this is a private tour we can make any adjustments.

One more question, someone in our group would like to buy jewelry on the trip, they were thinking St Thomas is the best but I noticed lots of shops here - should we explore jewelry on this stop?

I promise to take pics and return the favor when we return - thanks again

WOW - thank you all so much for these great pics, I have spent the last hour reading every post and checking out all the pictures! We are in Antigua for the first time in January and we were excited before we saw this thread.....now I am counting down the days :)

we have booked a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua and he is giving us a tour of the Island with a stop at Long Bay so we can all snorkel. Based on everyone's experience is this the best way to spend our day? Since this is a private tour we can make any adjustments.

One more question, someone in our group would like to buy jewelry on the trip, they were thinking St Thomas is the best but I noticed lots of shops here - should we explore jewelry on this stop?

I promise to take pics and return the favor when we return - thanks again

Bro, St Martin first, fa real, the prices here will make your eyes spin, some fantastic service and deals can be had, offer cash your deals will improve 100%... but do ya ting, just my advice from 7 years of Caribbean living... (and I lived in St Thomas for while too)... mi know what mi talking bout ;)

Bro, St Martin first, fa real, the prices here will make your eyes spin, some fantastic service and deals can be had, offer cash your deals will improve 100%... but do ya ting, just my advice from 7 years of Caribbean living... (and I lived in St Thomas for while too)... mi know what mi talking bout ;)

We do not stop in St Maarten this trip - which is why I was asking as compared to St Thomas

Thanks for your assistance

Vonster - Devils Bridge Looks amazing, I certainly hope our guide takes us by there. Can you tell me what area of the Island it was?

Devil's bridge is on the north east point i think...

Our tour guide, gordon, took us from the cruise ship pier all the way down south to the zip line place, fig tree drive...then along the south of the island, driving along the water all the way back up so he pretty much showed us everything...

he also said that we were lucky to see the water being too high up, splashing like crazy on that bridge...

normally, the water stays low and doesn't splash and you could walk on the bridge...but if we walk on it that day, we would've been completely wiped out...

honestly tho, it was nice to see the scenery, etc. and take pictures of the water splashing up high to 10 feet and more...

but in this area...there really wasn't anything else, no stores, food places, etc...

• 5 months later...
Vonster - thanks for the reply;

we also have a private tour and I think this may be on our way to Long Bay

so we would be able to cover it. -It looks beautiful

Did you get any neat shots you might want to post here?

• 1 month later...

:mad:I've tried so many ways to post photos on cruise critic without luck. Please tell me the size, how you process this, etc. I've tried to click on the paper clip icon, and my photos were always too big, but I see so many large ones. I can't get them small enough. Please respond with any and all ideas.

:mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived