Do you take pictures of your food?

fernoppi

I've seen many photos posted, and I've taken my camera to the dining room several times, with the intent of snapping photos of our plates. For some reason, though, once the food arrives, I get excited and start eating before I remember to take the picture. Can't imagine why this is.... :p

We do! We even post them to our blog after the cruise.

We will be doing a blog on our Alaska Trip this summer on HAL and the photos will be there.

We will do the same on our Princess cruise to Hawaii next January/February.

And we did it on our Celebrity Mercury cruise to Hawaii this past March and even posted the menus on the blog.

One of our waiters asked us if we owned a restaurant. We had a good laugh over that.

http://the geomonkeys.com/category/hawaii-2009

Take your camera, your appetite, and have a good time.

I really want to take pictures of the food I eat. Have you done it? Do your table mates give you weird looks? Or do they do it too? :p

I take pictures of the food on all my cruises. It helps me remember what I ate and enjoyed. Most people think it is a cute idea.

I scrapbook my vacations, so taking pictures of food is something I do. It is a wonderful way to remeber those moments that get forgotten once you get home!

Maria

Me too. I'm a digital scrapbooker now and take a whole variety of pics to sum up the cruise experience, and food shots are definitely something I include, maybe only one or two meals a cruise. When you intersperse pics of beautifully presented food with views of the ship, family shots, pool pics, sunsets, ocean and port pics, it helps to present a balanced and interesting image of what a cruise vacation is like.

I don't think I've ever been given weird looks, but my camera goes wherever I go and I really don't care! I'd happily explain why I was doing it if anyone asked.

I love seeing these food pics! Is there a thread somewhere of Princess food pics? I searched and found a few pics, but was hoping maybe there is a main Princess food pic thread out there somewhere?

Not exactly what you were asking for but this is a CC member's online album of Princess food pictures:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/559123761cXMNZX

Food pictures are beautiful!! Not just cuz you can eat it...give me a break...of course, that too, but the colors are usually bright, the plating is artistic, and effort is at least worth a picture!! I plan on taking pics of as much as I can remember to. I have a small point and shoot camera with a special setting for food, so I expect a nice assortment and will share the link where ever i decide to post them.

I really want to take pictures of the food I eat. Have you done it? Do your table mates give you weird looks? Or do they do it too? :p

I totally do! It's the best way to remember everything! I will be utilizing that iPhone camera every meal! LOL. Have fun and totally do it! Who cares about the weirdos NOT taking pictures of their food! LOL. Live it up~

The food on Carnival was outstanding. Now I am starving after looking at theses from a land resort plus there it's all you can drink:p Vacations are wonderful!

2664301450101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2546140000101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2495877600101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh my gosh! Those photos of the food are amazing. I'm so hungry now! :D

Count me as one that takes picture of my food. I keep a separate photo section that has all of the entrees, desserts, and appetizers that they serve. I saw someone post photos of the food before my 1st cruise and it really helped me to know what types of dishes they serve.

My two cents...

The food on most cruises is absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! We love to eat and practically set our watches to when the meals are served. But especially after reviewing some of the photos posted here, it just never looks as good on film as it tastes good to eat. In fact, I probably could have done without a few of the prime rib shots posted here ;)

And I guess for me, I wouldn't have the first clue what to do with the photos once you get 'em home. Do you include them in your photo album of the trip??? Is that really what you want to remember years from now as you look back? Just curious.

Archived