Do you take pictures of your food?

fernoppi

I even take a picture of the menu so I can refer back to it during them meal. You can never tell when you might want something else & you don't have to bother the waiter.

DH & I never have but couldn't believe our kids as they snapped away last year when we took them and their "others" on their first cruise. Have to admit, we had a more than a few chuckles looking at those pictures after we got home.

i do too! Never seen any strange looks .... not like i'm playing with the food!

besides .... pics are great for memories when you're off the ship ... and drooling, thinking "i shouldve gotten another plate!"

We've never done it, nor has anyone we've been seated with. If they did, I'd think it was a bit odd, but not enough to say anything or give them a funny look. Let them enjoy.

I really want to take pictures of the food I eat. Have you done it? Do your table mates give you weird looks? Or do they do it too? :p

Yes, I have. I really don't pay much attention to my tablemates but DH gets fussy. He is not allowed to life a fork until I get the perfect shot. These are from my Carnival album. I still have fond memories of each meal

2768573990101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2267055780101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2601449710101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2203259450101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2040241020101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, I have. I really don't pay much attention to my tablemates but DH gets fuzzy. He is not allowed to life a fork until I get the perfect shot. These are from my Carnival album. I still have fond memories of each meal

That is super funny. When we went to Disney World, I took pictures of all the foods at the different restaurants we went to as well. But sometimes I would forget and then we had pictures of half eaten food. :p

Whoa, those look like some giant prawns. Thanks for sharing the pix =)

I've taken a few pictures but of the desserts. Where I really get the WOWs is when I take pictures of the pastry buffet. I didn't intend to eat anything from the pastry buffet (formal night, dress to still fit into) but when I saw the carrot cake, self control went out to sea. I ended up filling my plate completely. You should have seen the eyes when DH and I were leaving the Buffet to go back to our room. I ate a little less than 1/3 of it (sorry, since I don't like to waste food) and it was good. I took a picture of my plate before I dug into it and it is currently in my photo album. People who look at my album are stunned to see the pictures of the pastry buffet, but in a good way. It brings a smile to their face and astonishment when they see my plate. LOL!

People in the Dining Room taken picture of the foods all the time. I just got off from Princess 3 weeks ago. I took pictures of all the foods that I ate from appertizer, soup, salad, entry, to dessert. I did this everyday on the 7 days cruise. I like the presentation of the foods.

That is super funny. When we went to Disney World, I took pictures of all the foods at the different restaurants we went to as well. But sometimes I would forget and then we had pictures of half eaten food. :p

Whoa, those look like some giant prawns. Thanks for sharing the pix =)

The food on Carnival was outstanding. Now I am starving after looking at theses from a land resort plus there it's all you can drink:p Vacations are wonderful!

2664301450101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2546140000101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2495877600101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

On the first night of our last cruise the CD gave the best advice (for me) that I've ever gotten. He said "You'll never see these people again after these two weeks so have a good time and act as silly as you want!" I tend to be reserved and worried about what other people think but on that cruise I danced all the line dances, participated in things I normally never would have and had a BALL!!!!!! So if you want pictures of the food - go for it! :D

Oh, I just can't look anymore! Scrumptious! Especially that HUGE dessert table! My sweet tooth is aching!

I've never taken a picture of my food, but I think I'm going to have to start. Our neighbor keeps bugging me. He's a "foodie". He says food is his hobby.

I scrapbook my vacations, so taking pictures of food is something I do. It is a wonderful way to remeber those moments that get forgotten once you get home!

Maria

Ohhh trust me the chocolate melting cake is still with me:D

and the Birthday Cake I have been getting that to leave my waistline all year:cool: only to get to eat it again in June...

u15117994.jpg

my first thought was No...I've never done it,

but then I realized - I have ;)

first cruise - midnight buffet - not only did I take pictures, but the ship's photographer - and yes, it was so long ago there was only 1 photographer - took our pictures looking at the food.

of course, this was "back in the day" of the true midnight buffet, when there was no food available at a 24 hours buffet and the buffet started at midnight and lasted to the wee hours

and, reading the posts, I remembered taking pictures of our "mickey pizza" ears and all at Disney :D

Wow - some fabulous pictures there! I'm taking my first cruise this month, and i wouldn't even have thought of taking photos of the food. However, a friend, who runs a catering company, made me promise to take at least a few pics for her. Now that I've read all these coments I won't feel quite so strange taking my camera in to dinner.

My husband always takes pictures of our food. We bring our smaller camera, though, not the one you need a "sherpa" for. It always brings back great memories of the cruise. We'll never forget the one lunch we decided to have in the dining room. My DH ordered a chicken taco salad. We all got our food and after eating my DH remarked that he doesn't think he got any chicken with his salad. Well, sure enough, we looked at our picture and they had left the chicken out!!!!! We now laugh everytime we see that picture. We love reliving our ultimate balcony dinner and the beautiful food that was served. Just take the pictures, who cares what your tablemates think.....they may even decide to start taking them,too.

Wow, I'm shocked to see so many people here that take pictures of the food! I never would have known. I must be sitting at the wrong tables in the dining room, because I haven't seen anyone else doing it either.

I don't do it myself (I'm terrible with cameras) but my daughter loves to do it. Every single course is captured on the digital camera. I used to worry that our tablemates would find it rude, but none of them have seemed to care. Sometimes they even offer their own plates up for a photo op! Besides, it's always fun to look back on the pictures and see what delicious food you enjoyed!

Archived