Hilton Rome Airport

Have any cruisers used this hotel recently? I read mixed reviews... bed bugs??

We just need a (clean) hotel for 1 night post-cruise as our flight is at 6h30 AM...

Any comments or other suggestions would be appreciated!

MC

Perhaps someone has more recent information. I last stayed there in late January of this year. It was the same as it always was... a bit tired, boringly Hilton, but a perfectly reasonable place to sleep before an early flight. I didn't do a survey, of course, but I certainly didn't have to deal with any bedbugs.

When I stayed there a couple of years ago there was no bedbug issue. What I loved is the convenience, especially for an early morning flight, as you walk directly from the hotel to the terminal in a few minutes.

We have never had a problem at this hotel, which is a typical huge Hilton with a direct covered walkway from hotel to airport (or you can take a shuttle). On only issue with the place were the ridiculously high prices for food. This led us to drive into the seaside resort town of Fiumcino (only a few miles from the airport) where we found a terrific seafood restaurant and had one of the best meals we have ever enjoyed in Italy (and we have spent many months traveling in Italy).

Hank

We are Hilton Diamond, so we were on the executive floor. It is very nice. Comfortable beds. Weird open bathroom though. We had a great breakfast in the exec lounge, including eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

I stayed there in May of '08, and it was a typical Hilton. A little worn down in spots, but overall very nice and clean and convenient. I just can't believe there would be bedbugs! I think some of the mixed reviews are because the rack rate is quite high, and people who paid a lot tend to be disppointed with anything less than absolute luxury.

Being so close to the airport the night before our flight allowed us to sleep a little longer and have extra peace of mind. It worked so well, we are staying there one night post-cruise again this year.

Thank you all for reassuring me...

I frequently stay at Hilton properties and while some are better than others, I've never had major problems. But some comments on other travel boards were just nasty! I know to take some and leave some, but a few positive comments are always reassuring!

I think the 'convenience' factor is key here... with a 6h45 flight, I'm sure we'll appreciate the proximity!

Thanks to everyone who replied!

MC

We tried for the Hilton for our post cruise hotel...it was booked so we got the Marriot airport hotel--a distance from the airport--has anyone had any experience with that hotel?

We tried for the Hilton for our post cruise hotel...it was booked so we got the Marriot airport hotel--a distance from the airport--has anyone had any experience with that hotel?

I object to their 6 euro per body one-way fee for the shuttle to the airport. Also, if you have an early flight you might want to check how early the shuttle starts in the morning.

Did you try the Hilton Garden (on the airport grounds, but not attached to the terminal) in addition to the Hilton?

Archived