recycling clothing among cc members

Feeling very lucky today, I went out and bought a Cash for Life lottery ticket (top prize is $2,000 a week for life).

Because I wanted to brighten someone else's day, I bought a ticket for the person standing behind me in line. They were so shocked.

Feeling very lucky today, I went out and bought a Cash for Life lottery ticket (top prize is $2,000 a week for life).

Because I wanted to brighten someone else's day, I bought a ticket for the person standing behind me in line. They were so shocked.

Burm,

You may never know if he wins anything, but it was your generosity that made someone's day by you paying it forward. For that, I hope it brings you more good luck! :)

Cathy

So very cool!

It is not unusual here for someone to buy a coffee for the stranger behind them in line at the coffee shop, or so my addicted DD tells me. It always makes her day when this happens, so she passes the favour on. One day, instead of saying that she would like to pay for the coffee of the next person, she offered to pay for their order. You can guess what happened. LOL The next person ordered sandwich, pastry, gigantic coffee, the works!

Congratulations Burm on winning Marie's draw for the purse. It will be lovely on your arm. So very kind of you Marie to offer the draw.

What a kind thing you did Burm, hope your ticket is a winner.

CJ

Marie, I am absolutely stunned. THANK YOU!

You are welcome! My husband was taking a video of me folding the names and drawing it. He said, boy oh boy, I wanted my name in the bowl too [emoji1].

I will be posting more bags after I get back from NY.

Have a great weekend everyone

ImageUploadedByForums1429491999.064170.jpg.0847d755d974c72595f7c003cdc6a24f.jpg

Burm

Good job playing your good fortune forward. I am sure you made the person in line behind very happy.

Marie,

Thank you for your acts of kindness, you are truly a generous person. I really enjoyed seeing pictures of you in all your beautiful dresses. The raffle idea was genius!! The traffic on this site sure picked up.

I look forward to future raffles.

Lisa

I think this has always been an active page but some of us have had to sit back and not put our name out there for some of the beautiful dresses offered here because we are more on the fluffy side of dresses that are sized 4 to maybe size 10.

When something gets offered that would be a real gem to own, we throw our name out there to be put in the raffle or a lot of times things are offered and within minutes someone has said YES to the dress offered and the picture removed so we don't have time to speak up and say we would love to own.

This really gave all of us a wonderful opportunity to get something on a even playing field

Thanks again Marie. Brilliant idea

Congrats to the lucky winner :) Around my area we have a "Pay it Forward" that does the same thing. It is very nice and many people get shocked by it.

Marie - As usual I was to late for the drawing, but loved the purse and you are just wonderful for offering to others. You bad girl for your post, BUT I loved it. You just need to do what is best for you and others around and what makes you happy in life.

Thank you, ladies, for your kind words. My husband and I are blessed and I believe in karma. On the way to Las Vegas a few weeks ago, we stopped at the restaurant for lunch. It was the worst serviced we ever had. We wait for 20 minutes, the server forgot our coffee and gave my husband a soup instead of a salad. She must be in her 60, forgetful and very slow. The whole time I was thinking; OMG! She could be someone wife, mother or grandmother, she should be home with her family. I gave her $200.00 tip and thanks her with a happy face. That weekend I won $12,000.00. My husband call me Mother Teresa and said “don’t ever change”. I have no intention to change at all.

Yes, Iheartbda and I will be having a blast in NY.

M

Marie, I hope you do raffles for all of your dresses. I always miss the pictures and want to see you wearing them.

Plus it is so nice to see stuff like this. I mailed my dresses out and cant wait to see them on others.

Dori

YIKES, that would be a lot of work. She would need an assistant to keep track of everything since she usually posts more than one dress at a time.;):)

Hope the ladies do post pictures of your things but they seldom do.

Yep, Marie and I are going to paint the town.....or something, maybe shop.:D

Edited by iheartbda