Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #Please advise

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA (Not CC'ers)

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #504

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Roos, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA -LA-LA #634

Roosteronboard, Rio Vista CA. Gary & Linda LA _LA #634

It is quiet around here.

I imagine everyone is gearing up for the holidays and the end of this very interesting decade. It is true, time flies when you're having fun and the older we get, the faster it goes!

With that in mind, I called a good friend that I haven't seen in a long time and we're getting together this weekend. Always good to reconnect, and to make new friends.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

RC so far

Sitmarboy LA - PPT

Kristysu

EMTBsam LA - LA

I think we also have WRIPRO - CA

Let's add some names & maybe suite #'s to the list and hopefully some more participants.

We just booked this cruise L.A. to L.A. and can hardly wait!

Mary & Mike, Palm Desert, California, suite 831 =)

Welcome to the roster Mike and Mary:):):)

Roosteronboard, Rio Vista CA. Gary & Linda LA _LA #634

Rally Palm Desert, CA,Mary & Mike, LA _ LA # 831

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to register for the Silversea Shore Experience in Honolulu....they have rented the Kapiolani Palace for an exclusive party for guests on our cruise. It will be in the evening so as not to interfere with day time activities....in typical Silversea style it should be an elegant but fun event!

Be sure to register for the Silversea Shore Experience in Honolulu....they have rented the Kapiolani Palace for an exclusive party for guests on our cruise. It will be in the evening so as not to interfere with day time activities....in typical Silversea style it should be an elegant but fun event!

Make that Washington Place. This is the digs of Hawaii's Governor. Do not confuse with Iolani Palace or Kapiolani Park by Diamond Head. Enjoy.

Anyone know if there is a Super Bowl event planned for the date of embarkation (Feb 7) ???? I hope so. We have been on Regent twice during Super Bowl Sunday, and it has always been a lot of fun! If the San DIego Chargers make it (long shot!).....they better be broadcasting! We can watch the game while we wait for our suites to be ready, and then those infamous new butlers can unpack for us!!! lol!:eek:

It is snowing in Vancouver...we are expecting 20cm (do not know what that is in inches, but whatever it is, it is too much) At least I can dream of Polynesian islands without a wind chill factor attached to them. Happy holidays to everyone. Soon we will be talking about packing.

We registered for the Washington Place reception. Sounds nice. Any one have plans in any of the ports?

Keep warm and enjoy the season!

Cindy

We did book the tour in Nuku Hiva after reading Herman Melville's "Typee."

Also a private 1/2 day tour in Papeete and we are inquiring about the Aquascape in Bora Bora.

We have been to area before so the attraction for this trip was the "door to door" itinerary for us and the opportunity to sample SS after many cruises on RSSC and Oceania. I am sure that we will not be disappointing.

You will enjoy this, Cindy. To have an invite to an exclusive event at Washington Place is not an invitation handed out at Waikiki hotels when you hand over the luggage. Lots of history here, and whether you approve or disagree with the take over is not realy relative. I first came to Hawaii in 1940 and was here on December 7, 1941; I was ten by three weeks. I watched the attack from Kuhio Beach beneath a banyon tree which still reminds me of that day whenever I walk past. The war changed Hawaii not for the better (in my opinion) but it is still...to quote Mark Twain...the most beautiful islands anchored in any sea. I look forward to meeting you and sharing what I know of these islands with you so you may benefit from my aging. And this welcome extends to all of Silversea Shadow guests on Voyage 3004 and segments. I hope to bring some very rare CD's of HAWAII CALLS for everyone's pleasure.

Aloha till we meet,

Ron

Dear Ron & Dee:

Thanks for the information - Glad that there will be a relatively good compliment of travelers with us.

Having done a little research on the Marquesas the area sounds idyllic and quite a lot different from the other islands we will visit.

We do hope that you enoy your river trip to Europe. The weather will be very "iffy" we are sure, but hopefully you will get lucky.

We are looking forward to a very busy holiday season with our family and friends coming from far and wide to celebrate a special birthday. Betty is really busy with table plans, menus etc. together with cooking to get ready for all the house guests - busy - busy!!!

Best wishes for the holidays and your trip.

Aloha Betty and David,

We did enjoy our Uniworld cruise Vienna to Paris last Sept. and Oct. Very different from an ocean cruise, no matter what size ship. Four rivers in 14 days with good weather except few hours of rain in Frankfort. Our favorite stop was Bamberg, Germany where I served with the 1st Infantry Division in late 1953. Based only two minute drive from Bamberg but even at that I only managed to go into the village once, so it was new to both of us. It is the home of smoked beer and I had the pint I missed all the years ago.

We met a German war bride of 1945 now living in Florida and I had to compare Dee as a child in London being sent to the southwest to escape the Battle of Britain and Lotte six years her senior living in fear in Munich of RAF and America bombers. So lunching on the Main River sixty odd years later while gruggling past German vineyards was a moving experince in memory.

Have a great holidy season and a healthy New Year.

PS Don't forget the pask Aloha shirts

Archived