Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA (Not CC'ers)

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #709

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Add Love@Cruise and Rally Palm Desert California LA to LA

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA (Not CC'ers)

Love@Cruise and Rally Palm Desert California LA to LA **

** Names and Suite # please

Both Ron and I have contacted SS independently re a CC get together on Monday at 10AM. I haven't had a response to my request yet and assume that is the same for Ron.

Of the people on our roster I do not believe any have premier suite accommodation, so we will have to do with s public place for the meeting!!

On another subject, has anyone on the board booked the Taipivai Valley AM tour on Nuku Hiva?

Yes. We have booked that tour.

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA #623

quote.gif

Dave...Our names have apparently slipped off the list for some reason.

Roosteronboard, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA LA-LA #634

Gary

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL

Love@Cruise and Rally Palm Desert California LA to LA ** Names and Suite # please

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL Waiting Suite #

Love@Cruise and Rally, Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #813

It makes sense to do the Mai Tai party after Tahiti sailing north. When Silversea gives me number on chain locker door I will post it for all. This will be a fantastic adventure; How can it not with Munity On The Bounty and your imagination as near as the horixon?

Have 2 parties! One on the first leg and then one after Tahiti! After chilling on Moorea for a few days pre cruise, we will be ready to live it up a bit!

I am all for the Mai Tai party upon departing LA...or if it has to be a different beverage that is OK with me as I am not too fussy.

Unfortunately my humble Vista suite will be unable to accomodate all of us but I will watch CC for our venue.

Someone posted a question regarding Silversea's baggage valet service. I placed a call to the Florida office and have yet to hear back. I was considering this option in light of the current baggage restrictions imposed on air travel between Canada and the U.S. However, I will put my faith in Alaska Airlines and their baggage handling. I have considered wearing my formal wear so at least if it all is lost I will be OK for the "formal" nights.

I too have booked the AM excursion to the Taipivai Valley.

It is getting close. Has anyone started to pack?

I am all for the Mai Tai party upon departing LA...or if it has to be a different beverage that is OK with me as I am not too fussy.

Unfortunately my humble Vista suite will be unable to accomodate all of us but I will watch CC for our venue.

Someone posted a question regarding Silversea's baggage valet service. I placed a call to the Florida office and have yet to hear back. I was considering this option in light of the current baggage restrictions imposed on air travel between Canada and the U.S. However, I will put my faith in Alaska Airlines and their baggage handling. I have considered wearing my formal wear so at least if it all is lost I will be OK for the "formal" nights.

I too have booked the AM excursion to the Taipivai Valley.

It is getting close. Has anyone started to pack?

I started with shirts, which I only wear once in a while so I got new ones for this trip. 1/2 size over normal, why, because it is going to be HOT. I am very happy that we don't have the air journey so packing will be resonably easy once we have decided what to take. This will be our first on SS with its formal dress code vs the country club casual which we have so enjoyed on our most recent journeys on Oceania. The itinerary is fabulous for Los Angelenos who love the South Seas!!!

The Taipivai Valley excursion sounds wonderful if the weather is kind to us.

We are really looking forward to meeting all the CCr's who we will advise of the get together location as soon as we hear from SS.

We are also booked for the Taipai Valley a.m. excursion. As for packing, any suggestions for what to wear during the day? This is our first time with Silversea? On other cruise lines, dress is very casual during the day. Is Silversea that different than other lines as far as daytime dress goes? In other words,are shorts and t-shirts frowned on except when at the pool?

I started with shirts, which I only wear once in a while so I got new ones for this trip. 1/2 size over normal, why, because it is going to be HOT. I am very happy that we don't have the air journey so packing will be resonably easy once we have decided what to take. This will be our first on SS with its formal dress code vs the country club casual which we have so enjoyed on our most recent journeys on Oceania. The itinerary is fabulous for Los Angelenos who love the South Seas!!!

The Taipivai Valley excursion sounds wonderful if the weather is kind to us.

We are really looking forward to meeting all the CCr's who we will advise of the get together location as soon as we hear from SS.

Good morning Cruise Critic Clan,

I have been informed by Silversea there is no problem with our get-together on 8 February at 10 am in Panorama Lounge.

Here is the situation: at that hour a light breakfast is being served, but if we should require other than that it can be provided. What Silversea does need is the names and suite numbers of those people who will attend. If it is the intent to keep this meeting in hearing of only CC guests I would suggest moving it to another location or time. But as a light breakfast is already in progress (and all we require) then the Panorama would be ideal.

Any Mai Tai CC groups can be arranged once we have boarded.

If this is satisfatory I will be happy to act as conduit for names and further questions.

Aloha Ron

David & Betty Welsh suite # 818 will be very pleased to be there.

Thanks Ron for the arrangements.:):):):):):)

David and Betty are on the list I will keep and forward to Shadow at a date close to our anticipated bon voyage. My hourglass is getting light on the top. How time flies when you look forward to a great voyage.

Ron

Glad we are getting our group together. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I am amazed to learn that some very old friends of ours from Sacramento are on this cruise. After meeting Warren Lien, another passenger, while having my car serviced, I thought the odds were astronomical of such an encounter. Now to know someone else on a <400 compliment of Pax makes those odds even greater. My friend incidentally was an aerospace rocket scientist, he is familiar with large #'s!!!:):)

Small world Betty! You're from Agoura Hills.... so I bet you know my son in law and his family!:)

Looking forward to meeting you onboard. Do you have documents yet? We do not! Hope they come soon!

Mary

Group names coming into Mai Tai Control. Docs go into mail 21/30 days from sailing, or so I was told. :cool::cool:

Good morning Cruise Critic Clan,

I have been informed by Silversea there is no problem with our get-together on 8 February at 10 am in Panorama Lounge.

Here is the situation: at that hour a light breakfast is being served, but if we should require other than that it can be provided. What Silversea does need is the names and suite numbers of those people who will attend. If it is the intent to keep this meeting in hearing of only CC guests I would suggest moving it to another location or time. But as a light breakfast is already in progress (and all we require) then the Panorama would be ideal.

Any Mai Tai CC groups can be arranged once we have boarded.

If this is satisfatory I will be happy to act as conduit for names and further questions.

Aloha Ron

Good Morning Ron:

All the CC'rs, with Suite #'s,that have joined the thread are listed as follows:

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL Waiting Suite #

Love@Cruise and Rally, Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #813

I did get a response from SS, eventually saying that onboard services were handling arrangements as you have indicated. (MaiTais for breakfast!! - not for this sailor!!

Cabin on your roster is incorrect. Suite 831, not 813. :)

Mary and Mike

ps) NO MAI TAIS FOR BREAKFST!!! AGREE. HOW ABOUT SCREWDRIVERS OR BLOODY MARY'S ???? lol

Mai Tai remark only used in widest of suggestions. My concern is that we take all possible precautions against scurvy with a dram of rum and a twist of lime and a toast to Horatio Hornlower.

Archived