Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Cabin on your roster is incorrect. Suite 831, not 813. :)

Mary and Mike

ps) NO MAI TAIS FOR BREAKFST!!! AGREE. HOW ABOUT SCREWDRIVERS OR BLOODY MARY'S ???? lol

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL Waiting Suite #

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA #623

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #709

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Roosteronboard, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA LA-LA #634

Love@Cruise and Rally, Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy #501

Love@Cruise and Rally,

Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

Really looking forward to warmer weather down south. It was 69 F on my lanai at 7 am (in the shade), even the blue sky has a frosty hue. I am only few degrees from tossing my shorts and wearing wool socks in the house.

Help. I need names to apply to Sitmarboy (434) and Kristysu (501). I am using first namea at present, but should SS need surnames I will ask. But I think with first and suite it should be sufficient. Of course this only is for people embarking San Pedro.

Aloha Ron:

As you are aware i had been in touch with SS re a CC meeting before I knew you were also in contact. Well, I did receive the following email today:-

Dear Mr. Welsh,

We are able to confirm for you the Main Bar on February 10th at 10AM.

Thank you,

Special Services Department

Silversea Cruises

I assume that we have a confirmed meeting in Panorama Lounge at 10am on 02/08. Is that correct? If so i will advise the SSD the Bar will not be needed.

Thanks.

David.

David,

I have emailed Shadow concerning your post and asked for a confirmation on location. Me thinks it is just a case of too many spoons in the soup.

Are we in agreement Panormama is the better venue as a light breakfast is in progress.? Plenty time to smooth these wrinkles.

Ron

Ron:

I have responded that the arrangements they suggested are not suitable. Leaving the CC get together in your hands.

We just purchased French Pacific Francs from the bank. I don't think that US$ will be readily accepted especially in the Marquesas .

David.

David,

That is fine. I know we are set for Panorama first morning at sea. But I emailed anyway. Still looking for a couple first names to apply to sutes

What rate did you get on francs? When we were there last dollar was accepted on Bora, but at a unfavorbale exchange rate. Will the bank buy them back?

Whenever I have a cruise approaching I think of packing when the ship begins the cruise before mine. My navigation tells me that is today. Bon Voyage

To add a PS to my last post...I am told final docs go into the mail today!!!! Bad new is no mail delievery Monday. BON VOYAGE!

On another matter. I have glanced at some comments coming from those on the Silver Spirit maiden transAtlantic crossing and am amazed at the undercurrent of tensions between some writers. What happened to cruising for pure enjoyment? But then I have run accross those who go to sea for no better reason than to knit-pik; better they stay home...at least off Shadow Voyage 3004. Niether you nor I have shipped out on Silversea and I hope this isn't the norm.

Ron:

Just received the currency. We used B of A. The difference between our cost and the published rate was 10%. Pretty steep I thought but I didn't get $1M!!

Thanks for your efforts on the get-together. Celebrating a big birthday today so I feel pretty good and very much looking forward to really celebrating it with all the bells and whistles aboard Silver Shadow.

David.

Thanks, you are very kind. i agree that 50 is a good decade but i am blessed with many more years.

I got yhis response from SS. I hope that your contact is good!

Dear Mr. Welsh,

The ship has been communicating with me in regards to this arrangement for you. Please make sure that the other person's arrangements have been confirmed as all arrangements have to go through Special Services and we only received yours.

Thank you,

Ana

Please let me know if I need to contact Ana.

Thanks. D.

Paul in 434 will be there. BTW I am fine with either a Mai Tai or a Bloody Mary at that hour...along with the light breakfast. According to my TA my tickets should be in my hands after the weekend. Currently spending too much time comtemplating whether something is informal or not.

Thanks, you are very kind. i agree that 50 is a good decade but i am blessed with many more years.

I got yhis response from SS. I hope that your contact is good!

Dear Mr. Welsh,

The ship has been communicating with me in regards to this arrangement for you. Please make sure that the other person's arrangements have been confirmed as all arrangements have to go through Special Services and we only received yours.

Thank you,

I have written Ana a full explaination of our desires and told her it has been placed in my hands at your request. I expect Special Services is closed for the weekend and I won't hear back till Monday/Tuesday.

Enjoy your birthday

Ron:

I had a great day thanks.

As I hadn't heard from you I sent the following email to SS:-

Dear Ana:

Dear Ana:

Thanks for the communication.

I have been in touch with the other pax on Cruise Critic and he advises me that he had arranged a meeting in the Panorama Lounge for a breakfast on our first day out, February 8th. I do not know who he is in touch with at SS but he informs me he has been communicating with someone on the ship via email

It would be preferable the meeting be held at that time as the idea, as I am sure you are aware, is for a group of pax, who have been communicating for several months prior to the voyage, can meet when we board.

I hope that you can arrange for the get-together as requested.

Thank you, have a great weekend, .

I hope that she is not too confused by the plethora of messages but am sure that all will be Ok in the end.

Night. DW

Paul in 434 will be there. BTW I am fine with either a Mai Tai or a Bloody Mary at that hour...along with the light breakfast. According to my TA my tickets should be in my hands after the weekend. Currently spending too much time comtemplating whether something is informal or not.
We are Bob and Victoria cabin #523 - he is 6' gray hair and she is 5'5" and matching gray hair. We'll be heading to Starbucks and Rite Aid for last minute supplies as soon as we check in and then will find some place to eat nearby. We're probably headed back to Starbucks for breakfast since she is a coffee adict.

Ron:

I had a great day thanks.

As I hadn't heard from you I sent the following email to SS:-

Dear Ana:

Dear Ana:

Thanks for the communication.

I have been in touch with the other pax on Cruise Critic and he advises me that he had arranged a meeting in the Panorama Lounge for a breakfast on our first day out, February 8th. I do not know who he is in touch with at SS but he informs me he has been communicating with someone on the ship via email

It would be preferable the meeting be held at that time as the idea, as I am sure you are aware, is for a group of pax, who have been communicating for several months prior to the voyage, can meet when we board.

I hope that you can arrange for the get-together as requested.

Thank you, have a great weekend, .

I hope that she is not too confused by the plethora of messages but am sure that all will be Ok in the end.

Night. DW

David,

Glad you had a good day. I did reply to you yesetrday relaying much the same thoughts as your above post. When you think about it all CC people on this thread seem in agreement that a light breakfast in Panarama at 10 am first day out is fine. Other than you asked for a Silversea representative to be in attendance I see no reason we can't agree to this get-togther meeting in advance without Silversea involvement. I know it won't come down to this but if it did no harm done. Some will have already had breakfast (me included) so the place and time is what is important.

The tenth meeting in main bar, as you pointed out, was obviously bad due to time lag after boarding.

Cheers, Ron

I agree wholeheartedly with you, let's meet as arranged on Monday morning.

By the way, found a wonderful book for the voyage, "The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific." by J. Martin Proost. I downloaded the audiobook to my iphone to enjoy riding the Pacific swells. Hilarious!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with you, let's meet as arranged on Monday morning.

By the way, found a wonderful book for the voyage, "The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific." by J. Martin Proost. I downloaded the audiobook to my iphone to enjoy riding the Pacific swells. Hilarious!!!

We have a date. I do have names and suites to forward if needed. My imagination antennas are quivering over your reading material.

Just snoping at this thread. We REALLY wanted to do this cruise. But prior commitments prevailed. We've been to FP 5 times. The last trip we reserved a over the water bungelow at the Bora Bora Pearl. They gave us a "day rate". They picked us up at the pier. And had a lovely fruit basket awaiting us in the OWB. This was the best decision we ever made.

Anyway, just a suggestion.......

Just snoping at this thread. We REALLY wanted to do this cruise. But prior commitments prevailed. We've been to FP 5 times. The last trip we reserved a over the water bungelow at the Bora Bora Pearl. They gave us a "day rate". They picked us up at the pier. And had a lovely fruit basket awaiting us in the OWB. This was the best decision we ever made.

Great suggestion - thanks.

What a great idea! If I hadn't booked a tour there this would be a great thing to experience. Ah! well, next time!!

Hi-

I am looking forward to meetng everyone on the cruise. Our names are Kristy Lamore and Henry (Duff) Wehle. We are good for the late breakfast. We are in suite #501. Thanks to everyone who has made all these arrangements with Silversea. Safe travels and see you in LA for Superbowl Sunday.

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy & Duff #501

Love@Cruise and Rally,

Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

Edited list 01/16