Bunch Of RCL Questions....

1.) Do They Put facial washcloths in your room, and shower towels?

2) When do they mail your paperwork to you? I booked my cruise over a month ago and requested to have everything sent by mail and haven't received anything yet.

3) Do Junior Suites have priority boarding, I plan to be at the dock by 2-2:30pm, the ship disembarks at 4:30p. Wondering if we will be able to board right away, or have to possibly wait in line for awhile

4) Can you make spa or other appts. before the date of your cruise?

I think that's it for now, but as the time draws closer I am sure i will have more!! Thanks for everyone's help!

2) When do they mail your paperwork to you? I booked my cruise over a month ago and requested to have everything sent by mail and haven't received anything yet.

3) Do Junior Suites have priority boarding, I plan to be at the dock by 2-2:30pm, the ship disembarks at 4:30p. Wondering if we will be able to board right away, or have to possibly wait in line for awhile

I think that's it for now, but as the time draws closer I am sure i will have more!! Thanks for everyone's help!

Wash cloths are part of the towel set. Tell your steward how many you want and they will make sure you have them.

Paper work usually comes about 30 days before departure. It is not necessary for boarding so do not sweat it.

Arriving at 2 pm is "late" we usually get there around 12 and can always board right away. The only times we have had to wait is when we got there before 10 am and that was because the ship was not empty yet. Preprint your setsail pass from the website and you can walk right through.

Spa currently have to be booked on board not ahead of time. You can now book portofino and chops ahead and excursions ahead, but we always wait to on board. No reason to let them use your money any longer than they have to.

2:00 - 2:30 is very late. If you aren't onboard 90 minutes prior to sailing you won't be allowed to board.

I have to agree with 2pm being late. We don't usually book a suite, and we are Gold members so we don't get priority boarding however, we are at the port around 11-12 and because there are very few lines (if any) we are either on the ship in no time, or take a seat for awhile (not long) until the ship passes customs.

By 2 we have already had our lunch, walked the ship to take pictures (since its not that crowded), been to our room, and called family to say we were on the ship.

well my flight lands in Orlando at 12:30 so I figured by the time we are off the plane and get our bags, and get to the car, and the drive there, it'll be like 2, which still leaves me time to board, it leaves at 4:30 and if you have to be there 90 minutes in advance that would be 3, so I will still have some time

I am really not trying to be negative but you only have about an hours worth of buffer time. It wouldn't take much to eat up that time...delayed flight, lost luggage, troubles at the car rental, getting lost on the way to the ship, accident on the highway, ... for you to miss your cruise. Personally, I think you are cutting it way too close and would change my flights.

I am really not trying to be negative but you only have about an hours worth of buffer time. It wouldn't take much to eat up that time...delayed flight, lost luggage, troubles at the car rental, getting lost on the way to the ship, accident on the highway, ... for you to miss your cruise. Personally, I think you are cutting it way too close and would change my flights.

I would have to agree with this one. I would say you probably won't be to the port until close to 2:30 at the earliest. The highway between Orlando and Port Canaveral is known for causing problems. Not that it can't be done, I personally just wouldn't want to start my vacation out that way, nervous we wouldn't make it. Any little glitch and you are out of luck.

well my flight lands in Orlando at 12:30 so I figured by the time we are off the plane and get our bags, and get to the car, and the drive there, it'll be like 2, which still leaves me time to board, it leaves at 4:30 and if you have to be there 90 minutes in advance that would be 3, so I will still have some time
Sounds doable IF your flight is on time and IF your bags come up in a timely manner. Note that the 90 minute enforcement can be pretty strict. I'd say you are cutting it awfully close, and I'd consider changing to an earlier flight even if it means a change fee. Good Luck.

Thom

You may want to see about an RCI transfer from Orlando---usually, I'm not in favor of shuttles, but they will get you there if there are other flyers that will be getting in at about the same time....worth looking into.

If there is a "suite" check-in line when you arrive, you may use that line.

Ok, here's your scenario if the plane is on time:

Arrive at 12:30

Retrieve luggage. A minimum of 30 minutes. You take a train from the concourse to the baggage claim.

It is now 1:00

Car rental counter. 15 - 30 minutes.

It is now 1:30

Drive to the port. It's a 1 hour drive.

It's now 2:30

Drop off car and get to the port. A minimum of 30 minutes.

It is now 3:00

Keep in mind that these are minimum times if everything goes perfectly.

Just keep in mind one problem on the Beachline, which runs between the Airport and Port Canaveral, and they shut it down. It does happen quite often and there's no way around it.

I have to agree with the other posters! I would see if I could get an earlier flight or fly in the day before the cruise. When we book our own airfare, which is 99.9% of the time we always go a day early, just to be on the safe side.

Where exactly does it say you have to be on board :90 minutes before embarkation-never heard that one before-doesn't really apply to me because I usually arrive the day before.

Homeland Security rule. The manifest must be turned in 60 minutes prior to sailing. The cruise lines cut off time is 90 minutes. And yes you will be denied boarding.

This is from the RCI website:

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

Most seasoned cruisers will tell you to fly in the day BEFORE your cruise, so you won't stree out if the flight is delayed, cancelled, etc. I highly recommend changing your flight to the day before you sail. Spend the night and then you can arrive at the port around 10:30 or 11:00 and have maximum time on the ship. After all, you're paying for it, even the first day! HAVE FUN!!!

I'd book an earlier flight. The cost of changing a flight is minimal compared to having to fly, at your own expense, to meet the ship at the first port, most likely 2 days after you were supposed to board.

Someone mentioned the RCI shuttle to the port. I could be mistaken, but don't they guarantee that the ship will wait for you if you use their service, kind of like excursions? Also, depending on how many people you are traveling with it may be cheaper to take the shuttle instead of renting a car and paying to park.

I agree. Go a day or more early, and visit the mouse, U studios, or the space center.

jc

Retrieve luggage. A minimum of 30 minutes. You take a train from the concourse to the baggage claim.

Just keep in mind one problem on the Beachline, which runs between the Airport and Port Canaveral, and they shut it down. It does happen quite often and there's no way around it.

I hate to say this to the OP but this is a good time frame...like you said...if everything goes perfectly.

We flew into Orlando the day before our cruise, rented a car, and then drove down to the Raddison in PC.

We were originally booked for a 9:30am plane but they changed the time a few weeks before to 10:10. Since it was the day before we didn't care...had nothing scheduled that day.

Got on the plane but had to wait a few extra minutes for "late" travelers.

Landed in Orlando (between 12:30 and 1). Finally get off the plane. We had to wait for the shuttle to take us to baggage claim. Spent about 45 minutes there (they were late getting the bags off).

At around 1:45 we went to see where the car rental place was and found out it wasn't actually at the airport. So we had to wait maybe another 10min for the shuttle to come pick us up. It was about a 5min ride to the car rental

About 2:00 we got in line to get our car. It took about 30min

Got on the road around 2:30. We ran into traffic so it took us about 1 1/2 hours to get down to PC...so around 4pm we were able to check into the Radisson at the Cruise Port.

Since you are coming in the day of the cruise you also need to allow for time to drop off the car.

We went that way last week and they were paving the road could be delays. the toll booths were backed up bad also and it was on sunday

HI! I was running into the same problem for my Freedom cruise in Nov.

My TA said there are no transfers for people arriving after 12:30 & my plane was to land at 1:07 for a 4:30 departure. I ended up booking a late flight the day before, will stay at a hotel at the Airport & catch their transfer the next day. You don't want to be stressing about delays if you can help it!! We've missed a cruise before because of plane problems so

don't want to do that again.

~Jo~:)

I know this is not what you want to hear, but what others are telling you are spot on. If you do not get an earlier flight (or preferably fly in the night before) there is a very good chance you will not arrive on time to the port to board the ship. There is not wiggle room with the 90 minute rule; it is a rule mandated by Homeland Security that the cruise line is obligated to abide by. You need to be on the ship 90 minutes prior to sailing time, so you need to arrive at the pier even more than 90 minutes early. Even a small flight delay or traffic on route to the pier will likely cause you to not make it in time. Far better to pay change fees now for your flights than to miss boarding the ship.

Hopefully it works out for you and you have a nice cruise. :)

Someone mentioned the RCI shuttle to the port. I could be mistaken, but don't they guarantee that the ship will wait for you if you use their service, kind of like excursions? Also, depending on how many people you are traveling with it may be cheaper to take the shuttle instead of renting a car and paying to park.

No, they guarantee they will get you to the first port if you miss the ship, they will not (and likely cannot) hold the ship.

I usually try to get to the port around 11-12 at the latest. It sounds like you are cutting it really close. So many things have to go just perfectly to make this....and when traveling, things rarely go perfectly. Better have insurance to cover the trip if you miss your cruise.

Archived