Where are all you first time cruisers cruising?

Kitty34

the wife and I are boarding the Carnival Liberty on the 21st of Oct. bound for Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios! Can't wait...we've always wanted to go on a cruise and were finally gonna make it! Only 1 month, 1 week, and 4 days!!! I can't wait to be on the lido deck with a Margarita in my hand!

Derek

Leaving in 6 days for our first cruise to the Western Caribbean...we are scheduled for Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Belize. Costa Maya is off for now, obviously, but we are happy to travel anywhere!! My husband and I are in our 30s, we are traveling with my best friend and her husband. Cannot wait!!

I'm sooooo jelous that you're leaving this week but talk to me when you get back and I still can look foward to mine....LOL. That's the only thing about GREAT vacations is that they have to end. Anyway, have fun and let us know how it was when you get back

This is our christmas gift to our kids. It will be myself (40's), my husband (50's) , and our 4 kids. His son & our daughter in law wife (20's), his daughter and my two sons (teen's). I am looking and learning on CC. We do not have passports so I am keeping a close watch on the rules to see if that changes. I am also debating shore excursions. Should we go throught the ship or not? Also how dressy are the regular dining nights. Would jeans be okay - not dessed down but dressed uo with a nice belt, boots and dress shirt? Just some things I am researching and would appreciate any advice you can give.

You really should get the passports...I was told that they won't let you on the ship without it now, no matter what the rules say...look at your paperwork..it should say "passports required for this sailing" A guy on CC got turned away and had to fly home cause he didn't have a passport! Plus, I think the law is going to be in effect by the time you cruise in 08.

This is our christmas gift to our kids. It will be myself (40's), my husband (50's) , and our 4 kids. His son & our daughter in law wife (20's), his daughter and my two sons (teen's). I am looking and learning on CC. We do not have passports so I am keeping a close watch on the rules to see if that changes. I am also debating shore excursions. Should we go throught the ship or not? Also how dressy are the regular dining nights. Would jeans be okay - not dessed down but dressed uo with a nice belt, boots and dress shirt? Just some things I am researching and would appreciate any advice you can give.

I agree to go ahead an put in for them.. the rules as of right now for sea are supposed to change as of summer 2008..

Not to sound cheap (even though I might be.. lol) but as I mentioned this is a christmas gift to our kids so if we need to purchase passports it is going to add about $700.00 to our tab and I was hoping to use that elsewhere on the ship or for shore excursions. I know you guys are right and I would save myself the stress of worring about it if we just got them. Can anyone tell me about the dress for dinner on night other than formal. My guys are not big dressers although they are not sloppy. Thanks for all the advice and imput from all you experts out there this Newbie really appreciates it.

My wife (26) and I (30) are taking our first cruise in Feb, hitting the Mexican Riviera. I would spend every disposable dollar I had traveling, but my wife hates to fly, so we've been a little limited... since we're within driving distance of San Diego, cruising may hopefully be another way we can get away from home now and then!

Family of 4 (DH-46, DD-17, DD-11 & me 41) plus 2...my Mom and Dad....are leaving from Tampa on the Legend for 7 nights. Hitting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize & Roatan (in place of Costa Maya). Very excited, very nervous!! Have just about everything planned out for each port except the newest addition, Roatan. Packing lists are made, trip is paid for, pre-cruise hotel all set and paid for, flights all set and even have tickets to Busch Gardens for when we return from our cruise. The only thing left to do is make lots of $$ between now and departure and to reserve/pay for post-cruise hotel and book/pay for excursions. I feel like it's creeping up on me really fast and that I don't have enough time to do everything that needs to be done - even though deep down I know there's plenty of time....(yeah, I'm a major procrastinator!!) I dread packing as I don't want to overpack, but don't want to underpack either!! I look at this board almost every day and believe I am addicted!!!! I need to join CCA (CruiseCriticsAnonymous). Part of me cannot wait till the trip is done and over so that my life can get back to normal....part of me thinks I may miss getting back on the ship at my favorite port on purpose so that I can become a beach bum and braid tourists' hair for a living on the beaches!!:cool:

My husband and I are celebrating the 25th anniversary of our first date with our first cruise. We're travelling on HAL Veendam from New York to Montreal on September 29th!

That's great...my wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary aboard the Liberty this October. Can't wait. Have a great trip and congratulations on 25 years!

Derek

My other half and I, both 28 will be cruising on RCCL's Majesty on October 5th. It is a short Bahamas cruise. It will be our first getaway without the kids (11, 7 and 4)! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!! We are so excited!! Funny thing is how it really snuck up on us!! So, we are really excited now!! I am hoping to meet some fellow CC members there. Happy cruising!

We will be going on our first cruise with our daughter - 20 and son - 23. It will be kind of a graduation/family cruise on Carnival Conquest, Dec. 23 out of Galveston. Anybody else going? Are Xmas cruises any different? It is the only time we could all get together as I teach and that fits into our time off from school.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel a little like I am jumping in the deep end of a pool and I don't know how to swim:eek: .

My mom and I are both going on the 15 day transatlantic cruise from NYC to Barcelona. We have never cruised, and have never been to Europe, so we are excited about this trip.:D

Then once we reach the last port of Barcelona, we are staying 1 night in Barcelona, then 2 nights in Paris, then 2 nights in Dublin before flying back home to the states....it will be a trip of a lifetime for us.:)

I have talked to experienced cruisers at work and at the gym, and I was told to pack light, wear the patch for motion sickness, and I will probably want to book another cruise because I will love it.;)

Not to sound cheap (even though I might be.. lol) but as I mentioned this is a christmas gift to our kids so if we need to purchase passports it is going to add about $700.00 to our tab and I was hoping to use that elsewhere on the ship or for shore excursions. I know you guys are right and I would save myself the stress of worring about it if we just got them. Can anyone tell me about the dress for dinner on night other than formal. My guys are not big dressers although they are not sloppy. Thanks for all the advice and imput from all you experts out there this Newbie really appreciates it.

Mustang--dinner most nights in the dining room would be what I consider business casual. No jeans, but polos & khakis for the guys would work and skirts or sundresses for the girls.

Archived