Where are all you first time cruisers cruising?

Kitty34

• 2 weeks later...

My mom (57) and I (28) will be going on a 4-day Bahamas cruise with Cranival's Sensation on October 21.

We chose this cruise because we needed a cruise that left from Port Canaveral, and there is a Shuttle Launch scheduled on October 20, so this time frame suited us perfectly.

I am very excited but also a little stressed because of this first cruise. Cruising is not that popular yet over here (Belgium) and I don't know anyone who has ever cruised the Bahamas, so no idea what to expect.

I have read mixed reviews about the ship, but I try to keep in mind that you can always find something to complain about, and that we aren't deluxe-hotels-with-concierge-service types anyway, although we like our comfort and even some luxury, as long as price permits it (we travel a lot, so we need to spend our budget evenly over all trips)

My husband and I have booked our first cruise - Princess to the Southern Caribbean - but it isn't until January 2009.

We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on board and picked this trip because of timing and itinerary.

I am curious to see what type of people will be on board - I am presuming that we will be the only people from New Zealand!

We are planning our first cruise with Disney with their 7day land/sea package, not til Nov 09'. Its going to be DH, Myself, DD(16), DD(11), DS(9) at time of sail, Plus, My parents and my sister and her husband, plus some friends of mine and their families!! What time this will be.. Just one big happy Family Vacation! Can not wait!

Nortbound Alaska from Vancouver... next June (2008). After years of "oh, can we?!" my DH finally said "let's!" and today, we put a deposit down. I'm so excited. I have 11 months. It's going to be a long 11 months. ;)

-Sarah-the-newb :D

Hi Sarah,

This time last year my girlfriend and I were in the same "boat" as you. :D We took our first Cruise this past January. Sailed the Caribbean. Had a BLAST! We booked our next Cruise for February of next year on the Constellation. A fantastic Ship I might add. :D

Happy Cruising

When my hubby and I were deciding on our vacation this summer, we had planned just to fly to Buenos Aires. Then I remembered it was winter there and had no desire to lug a bunch of winter clothes on an airplane. So then we decided we would go on a cruise - our first. I started looking at different cruises, and thought for a first, we would just do a short one out of LA to Mexico. Then my hubby started talking to some people who cruise alot and they said "you have to do Europe". Well, I found the Western Med on the Jewel. Price was right, places we wanted to see and a stop in Rome so we could visit our friends who live there. We could not have been happier that we did this cruise. I planned it one month ahead of time. We met a couple on the cruise who said they had planned theirs for six months and they couldn't believe how quickly we decided to do this.

Now we are hooked. Looking forward to planning another, just not quite sure where. But that is part of the fun, right?:)

Norweigan Jewel, July 2007

DH and I will be on the Norwegian Pearl from Dec. 14-21 in the S. Caribbean. I am so ready to go on a vacation now. Work is driving me insane, well that and the federal inspector at our office. :( I am ready for some snorkeling and beautiful water. :)

We are cruisin' to Cozumel with Carnival on the Fantasy in October. My husband, daughter, and myself, along with my parents, brothers, sisters, and their husbands/wives, and children for our parents anniversary. We are all so excited. I love this board. The tips are great!:D

I went on my first cruise in January and we started off big. We were on the Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and left out of Puerto Rico. We did St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Our only sea day was on Friday (a Saturday to Saturday cruise) and we were exhausted! We slept by the pool all day. We had a blast though!! :D

We will be going on a 5 day cruise to the Western Caribbean in April. Can hardly wait!!:D

Our first cruise is to New Caledonia, Fiji and the Pacific Islands aboard the Pacific Dawn (Regal Princess) sailing on the 9th November. Can't wait........

Archived