New FCC Policy!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

I am still trying to understand the difference between the UK FCC and the US ones.

For us, we get a letter with a booking code, and it does not cost us anything at the time. When we use a single one, we pay only a £75 deposit pp and get the appropriate OBC for the length/cabin we book, the same value as the US ones.

So am I right in understanding that the $100 FCC you folks in the US buy, is used as a deposit, so that the $100 you paid is deducted from the fare, AND you get the OBC, or am I wrong?

Cheers,

Peter

Yes, we in the US pay the $100 at the time we purchase the FCC. It is then our downpayment when we book. We also get the OBC.

OK, now I have it, so by using two of them really does not change it much as you still need to add the 2nd persons deposit anyway if you only used one. Other than having to spend $200 at the outset instead of $100.

Thanks

Peter

OK, now I have it, so by using two of them really does not change it much as you still need to add the 2nd persons deposit anyway if you only used one. Other than having to spend $200 at the outset instead of $100.

Thanks

Peter

Correct. :D

So I do not see the point in Princess wanting to make the change except that you give Princess an extra $100 to hold for you, as it seems to work the same either way. After all, how much in interest is $100 going to earn for one?

Cheers,

Peter

Having read only the first few replies this may already have been covered. I was on same Diamond voyage and spoke to same FCC. The change is bought about because buying only one FCC resulted in the person behind the computer getting only single commission rather than two. Bet you didn't know about the commission. A glitch in the system allowed this so for $100 you got the benefits for two people. Future bookings on existing FCC are a question mark.

I found a huge decline in Princess from the Sappire in December and the Diamond in June. So much I didn't book a FCC.

Having read only the first few replies this may already have been covered. I was on same Diamond voyage and spoke to same FCC. The change is bought about because buying only one FCC resulted in the person behind the computer getting only single commission rather than two. Bet you didn't know about the commission. A glitch in the system allowed this so for $100 you got the benefits for two people. Future bookings on existing FCC are a question mark.

I found a huge decline in Princess from the Sappire in December and the Diamond in June. So much I didn't book a FCC.

That would explain why the FC Consultants insist you need one FC Credit for each passenger.

Well, for some people coming up with $100 is difficult. They may have real problems finding $200.

We always book two rooms for our family of four. I am planning on buying some FCC's when we're on the Crown Princess in a couple weeks. I'd like to have enough open FCC's for two cruises. So for me it's the difference between $400 vs. $800. Given all the other money I'll be spending, I'd really rather it was $400.

Having recently found out that only ONE FCC was needed to book a cabin plus $115Can. deposit for the second person (both getting the OBC), I had my TA call Princess and straighten out my 2 bookings to reflect this.

So, this was just in the last couple of months and Princess was allowing ONE FCC to book the cabin, NOT one each.

Is this changing or is it SOME onboard future cruise consultants saying this?

Having recently found out that only ONE FCC was needed to book a cabin plus $115Can. deposit for the second person (both getting the OBC), I had my TA call Princess and straighten out my 2 bookings to reflect this.

So, this was just in the last couple of months and Princess was allowing ONE FCC to book the cabin, NOT one each.

Is this changing or is it SOME onboard future cruise consultants saying this?

What is being said is that MAYBE in the future you will need one per person. You have always been able to use one for two people + the additional $100 deposit.

from what I was told by Roberta ...the change is in the pipeline.

just not official YET! and the change won't be retroactive.

So, if you have been waffling on doing a booking, I suggest

you book it asap using your FCC

but remember...

travel is not an exact science

anything can and will change at any given moment!

from what I was told by Roberta ...the change is in the pipeline.

just not official YET! and the change won't be retroactive.

So, if you have been waffling on doing a booking, I suggest

you book it asap using your FCC

but remember...

travel is not an exact science

anything can and will change at any given moment!

Karen, are you back home?

Future Cruise Consultants obviously don't know all the facts. We have never had a problem using one FCC for a booking and then paying the extra $100 for myself.

However our last cruise on the Golden we filled out the form asking for two FCC under my husbands name. However when we got the confirmation we had one for each of us. Unfortunately we did it on the last day and didn't get confirmation until the debarkation morning so it was too late to change. this is the first time this has ever happened.

Next time we will only book one FCC at a time.

Hi Pia!

I'm home and the mal de disembarqment is setting in...:eek:

could someone please stop this couch from spinning!

i need to break out my seabands

I'll email you in a bit! :)

K

you know we use to suffer from Mal de disembarqment too but the last few cruises no problems at all -- weird.

Doctor said it is a swelling of the brain, nothing to do with middle ear issue. So he just gets us to take anti inflamitories

Future Cruise Consultants obviously don't know all the facts. We have never had a problem using one FCC for a booking and then paying the extra $100 for myself.

However our last cruise on the Golden we filled out the form asking for two FCC under my husbands name. However when we got the confirmation we had one for each of us. Unfortunately we did it on the last day and didn't get confirmation until the debarkation morning so it was too late to change. this is the first time this has ever happened.

Next time we will only book one FCC at a time.

First I think that the Cruise Cunsultants know exactly what they are doing. I think this is just their way of getting us all to buy 2 FCC's. I wouldn't worry about one of them being in your name and the other being in your husbands name. The next time you book I would try to book using the one under your name and paying the additional $100 deposit in your husbands name. As long as it states on the bottom of the letter, ''This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only" you should be able to book using one FCC.

I just purchased 3 FCC's one in my wife's name and 2 in my name. I did it this way because I knew that we would be taking the kids next trip and in order to get two rooms I knew that my wife and I would have to an adult and a child in each room. I purchased the third one in hopes that I would be able to book a cruise for just my wife and myself before our next sailing with the kids.

I can live with the new policy if Princess only decides not to offer the OBC to the second passenger who is not using an FCC. Having to put down a larger deposit for the second person is what will bother me. When your planning a cruise so far in advanced it helps when you only have to leave the extra $100. As I mentioned earlier in the thread. It would be in Princesse's best interest to keep as many FCC's in a passengers account to secure future sailings. Maybe this is why they are pushing to sell one per passenger.

What is being said is that MAYBE in the future you will need one per person. You have always been able to use one for two people + the additional $100 deposit.

exactly right it has not been instituted today. but will be acording to what i have heard.

Archived