New FCC Policy!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

We were on the Diamond two weeks ago and was talking with the Future Cruise Consultant.

I was asking about the onboard credit for two people when you only use one FCC to book the cabin. She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

Not sure if this is true or she just wanted us to buy two future cruise credits!

Thoughts?

Personally I don't care if they change this moving forward. BUT I'd have a HUGE issue with it if they decided to change it retroactive. I have a bunch of cruises booked for 2009, 2010 where I've used 1 FCC and paid the other $100 myself and according to the terms of the FCC when they were purchased both people would get the OBC.

We were on the Diamond two weeks ago and was talking with the Future Cruise Consultant.

I was asking about the onboard credit for two people when you only use one FCC to book the cabin. She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

Not sure if this is true or she just wanted us to buy two future cruise credits!

Thoughts?

We've always used 2 FCC's when booking a cabin. This way we would get $200 in OBC.

Minette

Personally I don't care if they change this moving forward. BUT I'd have a HUGE issue with it if they decided to change it retroactive. I have a bunch of cruises booked for 2009, 2010 where I've used 1 FCC and paid the other $100 myself and according to the terms of the FCC when they were purchased both people would get the OBC.

I am sure there will be no change for already booked cruises and probably not for already purchased FCC's.

We've always used 2 FCC's when booking a cabin. This way we would get $200 in OBC.

Minette

Minette, The way it stands now, until it changes at least. Even using only one FCC for the first two passengers in the stateroom (plus $100 for the second who doesn't use an FCC), gave both the benefits (lowered deposit and the same shipboard credit) as with booking with two FCC's. That is what the OP is saying, that it may soon change so that each passenger needs to have an FCC to receive the benefits.

It really doesn't surprise me, and won't if they change this. I think it was a loophole that they didn't realize would catch on like it did.

I know that for at least a couple of years now the Onboard Consultants have been trying to say that you must buy one for 'each' of you. And then I would tell her that I am not cruising with my husband next time, and she would go ahead and sell me one FCC, which I have always used to book the next cruise, with my husband. I am not sure if Princess is just trying to persuade more of us to use two FCC, but will continue to allow just one FCC. Or if they actually plan on changing the policy and requiring two FCC.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't bother me, since I always use one per person. Makes my bookkeeping easier. In fact, I'm really surprised they ever did it the other way.

We've usually found at On Board Consultants don't know JACK. And I'm curious how it's been "A Mistake" when it's printed right on their form.

I agree. It is plainly printed on the certificate "This offer applies to the first two passsengers in stateroom only"

I have been told by future cruise consultants that it requires one each; but rather than argue I simply ingored them and booked with my TA using only one for each of our sailings and have always received onboard credit for both passengers.

Mike:)

We have had the FCC person on several cruises adamantley deny that we could use 1 fcc for a booking. (aren't they the ones that are supposed to be trained on this?)

They have been saying this for years, and that it was going away, another disconnect between fleet/corporate.

Continue to use you 1 fcc and get the OBC for both people.

I refuse to even talk to them anymore, some are arrogant/rude, so if I need an FCC's I just fill out the form and put it in the drop box. :rolleyes:

I have read on these boards of couple with an FCC each, planning to cruise with another couple who had no FCC's. They booked a girls cabin and a boys cabin. On board they had the names switched.

Requiring one FCC for each would end this.

It really doesn't surprise me, and won't if they change this. I think it was a loophole that they didn't realize would catch on like it did.

Not a loophole. Either way they get $200 deposit total for two passengers when a cruise is booked.

We've never dealt with the on-board consultant either. We simply

fill out the number of FCC's we want on that slip of paper and drop

it in the box, too.

I used to think we needed to surrender to FCC's for one cruise but quickly

learned it was acceptable to forfeit one FCC and pay an extra $100 on

the credit card for my husband, but we each got the on board credits;

so one FCC for a 10-days cruise, we each received $100 OBC for a total

of $200.

When we surrendered two FCC's for a 10-day cruise, we still only received

$100 each.

I have used two fo rmy booking in November. Maybe I will talk to my Princess agent and ask for a bigger credit

. What do you think

It doesn't make any difference how many FCC's you use to book your cruise, you do not get increased credit because you used more FCC's.

Wow, this is enlightening. I was told way back when that you HAD to use 2 FCCs for both people in the cabin to receive OBC....Not a huge deal, I suppose, but it would've been nice to have had the accurate info all this time!

If everyone read the fine print on the bottom of the FCC, it clearly states (or at least the one in front of me states):

This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion. yadda yadda yadda

So, it has been right there all along for those that didn't realize you could only use one FCC plus the $100 deposit for the first two passengers in a stateroom. And it actually doesn't mention the second deposit fee of $100, I always guessed that they added that when they realized they had a zillion of these forms printed up and needed to use them all before they made any changes. lol

It always amazes me that the future cruise consultants onboard haven't even read the forms. :eek:

We have had the FCC person on several cruises adamantley deny that we could use 1 fcc for a booking. (aren't they the ones that are supposed to be trained on this?)

They have been saying this for years, and that it was going away, another disconnect between fleet/corporate.

Continue to use you 1 fcc and get the OBC for both people.

I refuse to even talk to them anymore, some are arrogant/rude, so if I need an FCC's I just fill out the form and put it in the drop box. :rolleyes:

Keith that is exactly what I do. What gets me is that it says right on the FCC that it is good for the first 2 passengers in the cabin. Of course I pay the extra $100.00 on the credit card.

Marilyn

Marilyn

I wonder why the Future Cruise Consultants don't know this, yet Princess headquarters agreed with me when my travel agent called to verify my claim that I only needed one FCC to book my cruise (plus $100 on my credit card)???

When I told the travel agent I wanted to use just one FCC (which I had found out by reading this site), she was clearly skeptical, but said I will call Princess and find out. You could hear the doubt in her voice! When she called me back to say that PRINCESS had told her to go ahead with the booking using one FCC, she was astounded. She said I'd taught her something new that day.

So if Princess says it's okay, why don't these Future Cruise Consultants take a class or something? We always just buy them by slipping the form in the box and never deal with them personally.

Hey people....all this chit chat about only having to use one FCC for two may be meaningless, if in fact Princess will be instituting a new policy. That's what the author of this thread posted in number one. A NEW policy towards FCC's may be coming down the road. See excerpt:

She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

Hey people....all this chit chat about only having to use one FCC for two may be meaningless, if in fact Princess will be instituting a new policy. That's what the author of this thread posted in number one. A NEW policy towards FCC's may be coming down the road. See excerpt:

She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

True, but the statememt came from one of the cruise consultants, all of whom will give you a different answer on the policy.

Ron

I'd be sad if this happens now. We've always purchased plenty of FCCs and used 2 for every cruise. However, as we're getting more mature we're cruising more often and also seem to need to book further into the future to get the cabins we like. I JUST discovered this use one, pay one system so that I can book more cruises and would be sad if I lose my new benefit before I cruise again to refill my FCC account! :(

I look at the FCC charge as a once in a lifetime deposit. When used for a cruise it is replaced by paying for a new one on board "with the deposit money". Therefore the only difference between buying one or two FCCs is the additional $100. With interest rates so low it really doesn't matter if the money is in my bank or at Princess.

If you have 2 of them what is the purpose of only using 1 and saving the other? The deposit is paid. Why would it matter if used now or later? You can use it now and buy a new one on board or save it, spend $100 on the deposit and don't buy one on board.

Archived