New FCC Policy!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

I am confused. We paid $200 deposit for a future cruise on our last cruise and were told we would get on board credits on next cruise for booking while onboard our current cruise. We are booked on a cruise in September and I do not see any on board credits credited to us. What's up ?

Check your my princess account. It is on the left side of the page, it should have listed if you have any FCC in your "circle savings acct." If you click on the link to look at that account, it should show that it has been applied to #booking. If you do not see any activity, call Princess or T.A. (whoever you booked with). If you booked with princess you should also have the info in the Receipt(invoice) they e-mailed you.

Yesterday on the Dawn went to purchase one FCC letter for the two of us for our next cruise and the Future cruise staff member said no we had to purchase one each so obviously they have changed things already. I bought the two as I understand if they are not used we can get a refund?

Did you have to pay a deposit when you got your FCC letter on the Dawn Princess? If so, how much?

We have obtained FCC letters when sailing on the Sapphire and Sun Princess but as Australians were told we didn't need to pay a deposit until we actually made another cruise booking. This proved to be the case and for one cruise, we paid a reduced deposit but for our world cruise had to pay $1500 each (18 months ahead) because of the no. of cruise days. We asked for 2 letters and only had to use 1 to secure a booking with benefits for both of us. We sail on the Dawn in 12 days and I will ask for another couple of letters. It is always nice to know you have a spare letter if a suitable cruise comes up.

Did you have to pay a deposit when you got your FCC letter on the Dawn Princess? If so, how much?

We have obtained FCC letters when sailing on the Sapphire and Sun Princess but as Australians were told we didn't need to pay a deposit until we actually made another cruise booking. This proved to be the case and for one cruise, we paid a reduced deposit but for our world cruise had to pay $1500 each (18 months ahead) because of the no. of cruise days. We asked for 2 letters and only had to use 1 to secure a booking with benefits for both of us. We sail on the Dawn in 12 days and I will ask for another couple of letters. It is always nice to know you have a spare letter if a suitable cruise comes up.

Yes we got the free ones for use on australaian cruises first and then I asked for one I knew I would pay for so I can book american cruises with an american TA this way the deposit IS refundable up to last payment day and if the prices go down you get the refund applied to your booking so it was worth buying - as it happened - 2 FCC letters as well IO did this for the Amazon cruise next year:p:p

it all comes out the same - using two FCCs or one - you end up paying the same thing and you get the same OBC. The only way you could possibly lose is buying two FCCs (instead of one) and holding them for 4 years then booking a cruise - you'd lose the $0.75 interest you would have received from your bank if the other $100 was left in your account for that period.

We bought two FCCs on our last cruise and we recently booked two cruises with them (and I paid the other $100 deposit when we booked each) - total cost = $400: $200 for 2 FCCs plus $200 extra deposit for the second person vs $400 for 4 FCCs and using two for each of the two cruises.

it all comes out the same - using two FCCs or one - you end up paying the same thing and you get the same OBC. The only way you could possibly lose is buying two FCCs (instead of one) and holding them for 4 years then booking a cruise - you'd lose the $0.75 interest you would have received from your bank if the other $100 was left in your account for that period.

We bought two FCCs on our last cruise and we recently booked two cruises with them (and I paid the other $100 deposit when we booked each) - total cost = $400: $200 for 2 FCCs plus $200 extra deposit for the second person vs $400 for 4 FCCs and using two for each of the two cruises.

here you loose is if you have enough FCCs if you use one per cruise, but not enough if you have to use two.

here you loose is if you have enough FCCs if you use one per cruise, but not enough if you have to use two.

ONLY if they do change the policy and ONLY if they change the wording on the letters that state they are good for two people - there is no way they can get away with not honoring the ones already purchased that state they are good for two.

I can confirm the op's thread

I just spoke with Roberta on the Pacific Princess during the 6/11 sailing. She's been with the company for a long time and knows her stuff

She said the change would be coming soon.

However, it would NOT be retroactive as far as she knew.

Personally we do 1 per person as it makes it more simplistic for us...

just bought 2 more per person during this past cruise..

so now we are ready for a b2b if one drops in our laps that says BOOK ME! :D

You saved yourself $1.50

:D

I almost got into a shouting match with the Future Cruise Consultant on the Crown about the topic of using 1 FCC for 2 people and she was adamant that it could not be done (even though I had done it on that cruise). We had 2 FCC applied to one cruise and ended up needing one for another cruise we booked. Princess simply moved the FCC and deposit, and I had to pay the extra deposit money.

If the change the OP talks about happens, it won't be catastrophic I just wish the people who worked for Princess would provide us with accurate information..

I almost got into a shouting match with the Future Cruise Consultant on the Crown about the topic of using 1 FCC for 2 people and she was adamant that it could not be done (even though I had done it on that cruise). We had 2 FCC applied to one cruise and ended up needing one for another cruise we booked. Princess simply moved the FCC and deposit, and I had to pay the extra deposit money.

If the change the OP talks about happens, it won't be catastrophic I just wish the people who worked for Princess would provide us with accurate information..

Maybe they are changing the policy so the Future Cruise Consultants will be correct. :)

Yeah, but "will be" and "was" are two different things :)

I think they really need to change it to one per person and that would eliminate all speculation immediately. Why they ever started doing it that way is questionable. :confused:

I think they really need to change it to one per person and that would eliminate all speculation immediately. Why they ever started doing it that way is questionable. :confused:

Princess has always had (1) per stateroom. I was on this board for months/the first year telling people I only used one and no one believed me.

Maybe they are changing the policy so the Future Cruise Consultants will be correct. :)

Too funny!

I will be on a ship tomorrow but I have had very little correct info from these people in the past so not sure if I trust them. I may send my agent an email and when she speaks with the higher ups, she can check.

Princess has always had (1) per stateroom. I was on this board for months/the first year telling people I only used one and no one believed me.

And that's why there's so much static on this subject. I certainly know only one is needed, but I choose to always use two. If I need an extra, I also know I can transfer one from another cruise and pay the difference. If the consultants are not going to be trained the same way, then something needs to be done to make everything uniform.

When these changes do take place. It will stop a couple from using two FCC's to book, and putting each in a stateroom with a 'friend' so all receive the shipboard credit and reduced deposit, and then switching stateroom assignments after boarding. I wonder if this might be part of the cause for the change? I mean, Princess is giving shipboard credit to those passengers that didn't actually use an FCC to book the cruise, and some who have never sailed on Princess before. Makes me kind of wonder :confused:

When these changes do take place. It will stop a couple from using two FCC's to book, and putting each in a stateroom with a 'friend' so all receive the shipboard credit and reduced deposit, and then switching stateroom assignments after boarding. I wonder if this might be part of the cause for the change? I mean, Princess is giving shipboard credit to those passengers that didn't actually use an FCC to book the cruise, and some who have never sailed on Princess before. Makes me kind of wonder :confused:

Toto

My thoughts exactly.

Reminds of when they use to have the "Share the wealth coupons".

And stopped that.

Guess they don't need anymore referrals. :rolleyes:

They met their quota.

I too was told I needed 1 FCC each and names had to be exact.so no transfers .I wanted to buy 2 FCC without names ...told no

So I only bought for 1 son and me

They should leave them blank!!!

That isn't how the FCC's work. They are non transferable and only offered for purchase to those actually sailing a princess cruise at the time.

I am still trying to understand the difference between the UK FCC and the US ones.

For us, we get a letter with a booking code, and it does not cost us anything at the time. When we use a single one, we pay only a £75 deposit pp and get the appropriate OBC for the length/cabin we book, the same value as the US ones.

So am I right in understanding that the $100 FCC you folks in the US buy, is used as a deposit, so that the $100 you paid is deducted from the fare, AND you get the OBC, or am I wrong?

Cheers,

Peter

I am still trying to understand the difference between the UK FCC and the US ones.

For us, we get a letter with a booking code, and it does not cost us anything at the time. When we use a single one, we pay only a £75 deposit pp and get the appropriate OBC for the length/cabin we book, the same value as the US ones.

So am I right in understanding that the $100 FCC you folks in the US buy, is used as a deposit, so that the $100 you paid is deducted from the fare, AND you get the OBC, or am I wrong?

Cheers,

Peter[/quote

Yes that how it worked for me

deposit equal to the amount +OBC depending on cabin category and length of trip

Cheers,

Peter

Exactly correct. The $100 is all the deposit we need to pay up until final payment is due and the OBC we get depends on whether we book an inside or outside and for the number of days of the cruise.

Archived