New FCC Policy!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

We have only sailed with Princess 3 times but after the first cruise we bought 4 FCC's. We used 2 (because we thought we had to) for the second cruise and 2 for the third which is this October. We found a cruise we wanted to book now for 2011 and called our TA and asked if she could back out 1 FCC and use it for the 2011 cruise. She was able to do that and we paid the extra $100.00 for each cruise. She also said that Princess may soon require 1 FCC for each person. Same price either way??

I look at the FCC charge as a once in a lifetime deposit. When used for a cruise it is replaced by paying for a new one on board "with the deposit money". Therefore the only difference between buying one or two FCCs is the additional $100. With interest rates so low it really doesn't matter if the money is in my bank or at Princess.

If you have 2 of them what is the purpose of only using 1 and saving the other? The deposit is paid. Why would it matter if used now or later? You can use it now and buy a new one on board or save it, spend $100 on the deposit and don't buy one on board.

Because, we rarely wait unitl we are on our "next" cruise before we book one. I like the freedom of having many in our account and using them as "deals" come along. Heck, 4 months ago I had 5 in my account and thought I was nuts...now I have only 1 left!!! :D (And may be booking that one soon as well!). Will definately stock up the next time we are on board...

True, but the statememt came from one of the cruise consultants, all of whom will give you a different answer on the policy.

Ron

It also says "it is a mistake" - I doubt all the Princess reservations have been making this mistake.

I think we should take a wait and see attitude. I don't see a reason to change it because Princess does get the extra $100 at the time of booking.

Hey people....all this chit chat about only having to use one FCC for two may be meaningless, if in fact Princess will be instituting a new policy. That's what the author of this thread posted in number one. A NEW policy towards FCC's may be coming down the road. See excerpt:

She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

Pia they (Future Cruise Consultant) have told me this exact same thing for the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Maybe it will change eventually but for now I don't beleive a word they say. ;)

When I told the travel agent I wanted to use just one FCC (which I had found out by reading this site), she was clearly skeptical, but said I will call Princess and find out. You could hear the doubt in her voice! When she called me back to say that PRINCESS had told her to go ahead with the booking using one FCC, she was astounded. She said I'd taught her something new that day.

Many travel agents do not realize that only one FCC is needed for two people in the same cabin. Up to us to educate them when we book.

Pia they (Future Cruise Consultant) have told me this exact same thing for the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Maybe it will change eventually but for now I don't beleive a word they say. ;)

Kind of makes me wonder sometimes if this is the Future Cruise Consultant's way of saying "OMG, I didn't realize that, I need to say something so I don't look stupid, and make that smart a** passenger think I know more than they do"? ;)

Kind of makes me wonder sometimes if this is the Future Cruise Consultant's way of saying "OMG, I didn't realize that, I need to say something so I don't look stupid, and make that smart a** passenger think I know more than they do"? ;)

I think you are right on that one. :D

I am confused. We paid $200 deposit for a future cruise on our last cruise and were told we would get on board credits on next cruise for booking while onboard our current cruise. We are booked on a cruise in September and I do not see any on board credits credited to us. What's up ?

I am confused. We paid $200 deposit for a future cruise on our last cruise and were told we would get on board credits on next cruise for booking while onboard our current cruise. We are booked on a cruise in September and I do not see any on board credits credited to us. What's up ?

The credit will be there, if you would like to double check just contact princess if you booked direct with them, or your TA if you booked that way. They don't all show up on your Princess booking online, but they will be there in your account when you board. ;)

Those of us who use certain high volume Princess TA's will know if and when this happens. When these TA's tell us we will have to use two FCC's instead of one, that is the time to believe a change has been made. Until then, I will keep using one FCC for two people and happily receiving OBC for both of us.

I was asking about the onboard credit for two people when you only use one FCC to book the cabin. She stated that the coming soon you will have to use a FCC for each passenger. She said that it was a mistake that people could book a cabin for two with one FCC and that the policy will be changing very soon.

I gather there will be tons of threads on this if and when the new FCC rules change.

But, right now, you can still use one FCC for two.

Doesn't really matter to me, I use two FCC's while booking this way I don't have to worry about another deposit.

I gather there will be tons of threads on this if and when the new FCC rules change.

But, right now, you can still use one FCC for two.

Doesn't really matter to me, I use two FCC's while booking this way I don't have to worry about another deposit.

Me too. And I am currently FCC...less for at least another 11 weeks. But I know I can always move one of my reservation deposits around in case the need arises.

I know that for at least a couple of years now the Onboard Consultants have been trying to say that you must buy one for 'each' of you. And then I would tell her that I am not cruising with my husband next time, and she would go ahead and sell me one FCC, which I have always used to book the next cruise, with my husband. I am not sure if Princess is just trying to persuade more of us to use two FCC, but will continue to allow just one FCC. Or if they actually plan on changing the policy and requiring two FCC.

Yesterday on the Dawn went to purchase one FCC letter for the two of us for our next cruise and the Future cruise staff member said no we had to purchase one each so obviously they have changed things already. I bought the two as I understand if they are not used we can get a refund?

I don't believe the Dawn Princess future cruise lady for one minute. Some future cruise sales staff are super sharp and some don't know beans about FCC's.

That said I sometimes I use 2 FCC's for 2, sometimes 1 FCC for 2 and sometimes reverse an FCC already applied, pay the $100 and then have that FCC available for a new booking for 2.

Am I missing something here?

When we were on Diamond on a 15 dayer and made a fcc for a cruise at a later time. We were charged 200.00. 100.00 each. The wife & I.

Is THIS changing?

Thanks

No.

What some of us (including me) weren't aware of was that you could book a cruise for 2 people with one FCC and pay $100 cash and get the benefits of the FCC for both people in the cabin.

Thus the two FCCs you purchased would cover 2 future cruises instead of one if you wanted.

It really doesn't matter unless you plan more than one cruise at a time.

The change (if it happens) will be that EACH person in the cabin will need to book with an FCC to get the onboard benefits.

Hope this makes sense!

No.

What some of us (including me) weren't aware of was that you could book a cruise for 2 people with one FCC and pay $100 cash and get the benefits of the FCC for both people in the cabin.

Thus the two FCCs you purchased would cover 2 future cruises instead of one if you wanted.

It really doesn't matter unless you plan more than one cruise at a time.

The change (if it happens) will be that EACH person in the cabin will need to book with an FCC to get the onboard benefits.

Hope this makes sense!

It does and thank you Karen.

I experienced the opposite when purchasing FCC’s. Last month I explained to the future cruise consultant that we wanted to sail with our children next trip. We were planning on booking 2 rooms. She suggested that we each purchase 1 credit and when we booked we should book the room’s one adult and one child. She confirmed that we would have to pay an additional $100 for each child as a deposit and they would also be entitled to an OBC each. When I called Princess to book they wanted to charge me the regular deposit for each child and I was told that they would not be entitled to the OBC’s. I explained the situation and she got approval to book the cruise with the 2 FCC’s and a $200 deposit plus 4 OBC’s.

If Princess is indeed going to change the rule I think that it is a poor business decision. What is the difference if I book with 2 FCC’s or 4 FCC’s? I am still putting down the same deposit at the time of booking either way. I think it is in their best interest to have the passengers leave as many FCC’s in their account as possible. They stand a better chance of past passengers returning just based on the fact that they already have a credit with Princess. I actually purchased 3 FCC’s this time based on the fact that I only need 1 to book for 2 passengers. I purchased it just in case my wife and I are able to sneak in another cruise before the one I booked for next year or if a good deal comes up for 2011 I can book it before I sail in 2010. If I didn’t have the credit I might be looking at other cruise lines even though I prefer Princess. A cruise on a second choice cruise line is better than no cruise at all.

Yesterday on the Dawn went to purchase one FCC letter for the two of us for our next cruise and the Future cruise staff member said no we had to purchase one each so obviously they have changed things already. I bought the two as I understand if they are not used we can get a refund?

We here in the US can get a refund anytime up to 4 years.

Not sure if its the same for downunder.

Yes, you can get a refund if not used within 4 years.

Look at the bottom of your FCC. If it says that it can be used for the first two passengers in the cabin, then nothing has changed. Use 1 FCC + $100 to book and both get the OBC.

Let us know what it says.

If you bought only two FCC's and using them for 4 people, you will be charged for an additional deposits.

One FCC covers one passenger, however if two are booked in the same cabin the 2nd passenger is also entitled to OBC.This is why you needed to leave a deposit for your children.

FCC's can not be used on 3rd or 4th passengers.

You loss out only when you book using two FCC's. You can not double the FCC.

I experienced the opposite when purchasing FCC’s. Last month I explained to the future cruise consultant that we wanted to sail with our children next trip. We were planning on booking 2 rooms. She suggested that we each purchase 1 credit and when we booked we should book the room’s one adult and one child. She confirmed that we would have to pay an additional $100 for each child as a deposit and they would also be entitled to an OBC each. What is the difference if I book with 2 FCC’s or 4 FCC’s? I am still putting down the same deposit at the time of booking either way. I think it is in their best interest to have the passengers leave as many FCC’s in their account as possible. .

I explained the situation and she got approval to book the cruise with the 2 FCC’s and a $200 deposit plus 4 OBC’s.

I am going to guess here that you were in contact with someone at princess that had no idea what in the world they were doing. There was no need for them to get 'approval' for booking this way right now. I am sure that getting the approval was just a way for her to find out exactly how this works and cover herself for not being informed. If you booked one of you in each stateroom with one child, then indeed the children (since they are the second passenger in the stateroom) would receive the same credit as you.

I experienced the opposite when purchasing FCC’s. Last month I explained to the future cruise consultant that we wanted to sail with our children next trip. We were planning on booking 2 rooms. She suggested that we each purchase 1 credit and when we booked we should book the room’s one adult and one child. She confirmed that we would have to pay an additional $100 for each child as a deposit and they would also be entitled to an OBC each. When I called Princess to book they wanted to charge me the regular deposit for each child and I was told that they would not be entitled to the OBC’s. I explained the situation and she got approval to book the cruise with the 2 FCC’s and a $200 deposit plus 4 OBC’s.

If Princess is indeed going to change the rule I think that it is a poor business decision. What is the difference if I book with 2 FCC’s or 4 FCC’s? I am still putting down the same deposit at the time of booking either way. I think it is in their best interest to have the passengers leave as many FCC’s in their account as possible. They stand a better chance of past passengers returning just based on the fact that they already have a credit with Princess. I actually purchased 3 FCC’s this time based on the fact that I only need 1 to book for 2 passengers. I purchased it just in case my wife and I are able to sneak in another cruise before the one I booked for next year or if a good deal comes up for 2011 I can book it before I sail in 2010. If I didn’t have the credit I might be looking at other cruise lines even though I prefer Princess. A cruise on a second choice cruise line is better than no cruise at all.

The Future Cruise Consultant didn't need to get any special permission. :rolleyes: The reason why you can use 1 FCC for each adult in each cabin, pay $200 total more for a deposit and still get the OBCs for all 4 of you, is because the kids are paying an adult (first & second person) fare.

If they were in one cabin with the parents, they would not get the OBC because they would be 3rd & 4th passengers then. When they are in a cabin with only 2 people total in it, they are elevated to an adult's status as far as the FCC OBC goes.

Archived