Any Recent Cruisers from the Voyager?

The last member review from April 2009 was just terrible - I would love to hear some good things or comment from some recent Voyager cruisers. Lots of Mariners talk - little Voyager. Anyone out there?

There were some very positive posts mid-June from folk who had sailed on the Iceland to Southampton following Voyager's extensive docking.

I shall be on board, if all goes well, in three days time when we shall board in Copenhagen ready for our Norwegian Fjords fortnight.

I think there have been a couple of private charters recently.

The last member review from April 2009 was just terrible - I would love to hear some good things or comment from some recent Voyager cruisers. Lots of Mariners talk - little Voyager. Anyone out there?

We were on the Voyager for two segments of the world cruise in March. It was when they had the pod problems and even tho we missed a few ports it was a wonderful trip. The ship is beautiful and the crew was great. They went out of their way with special events to make up for the problems. One night there was a sunset cocktail party on the top of the ship that was fun. Only thing I would complain about was that the entertainment could have been better, altho loved the lectures. We went to one or two every day. This was our third Regent cruise and we have another on the Mariner scheduled Dec. 20.

We did the Voyager Reykjavik to Southampton cruise last month and had a marvelous time. The ship was beautiful and well-maintained. All of our meals were excellent. We especially enjoyed Prime 7. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were oh so yummy. The crew were all in great spirits and very attentive. The cruise director, Ray Solaire, is by far the best cruise director I have ever been around. He is very charming and entertaining. I would probably sign up for a cruise just because he was on board. The service through out the ship was impeccable. We had such a marvelous time while on board that we are going on the Voyager again this December and have recruited 4 other family members to join us. I will be glad to answer any specific questions.

Happy to learn of our very positive experiences. Who is the current Hotel Manager?

Richard Fenn was the General Manager. He seemed very pleasant. Saw him around the ship quite often and told him how impressed we were with everything.

Anthony Miller was onboard as Food and Beverage Manager. Kudos to him! He procured a bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve for my husband. This "premium" spirit is usually not stocked on Regent ships. We did not request it ahead of time (as someone from this board recommended.) However, someone from Regent does read this board and they got word to him that a Lisa (AkA ILoveMyDogs) from San Antonio had posted her husband’s penchant for CRSR and that we were on that sailing. He figured out who I was and found me one afternoon in the coffee corner. He introduced himself and shocked me with the news that he had a bottle for us. This is just one example of the many instances that the crew and staff made us feels so special and pampered.

Interesting to note that someone was monitoring the board and got you the drink of your choice.

Just in case that monitoring is still going on....

I'm on the Voyager from Rio on 4th December and would think we are the only passengers from Faversham. I like beer. I'd be happy with Czech beer - Pilsner Urquell or Budweiser (the proper Czech stuff), Belgian beer, an English ale would be nice (Timothy Taylor's Landlord for preference please). Failing that, US microbrewey beer would be very acceptable, particularly a top-fermented ale, perhaps an India Pale Ale.

And I promise to be a good boy.

OrpingtonT -- Have a great cruise...looking forward to your posts.

Larry

Thanks, Larry. It is good to hear from you. This will be our first cruise since we had to pull out of our Osaka to Hong Kong booking in 2007 following my wife's accident. And it is a leap of faith, never having travelled by plane or boat with a wheelchair.

I hope you are both well.

II like beer. I'd be happy with Czech beer - Pilsner Urquell or Budweiser (the proper Czech stuff), Belgian beer, an English ale would be nice (Timothy Taylor's Landlord for preference please). Failing that, US microbrewey beer would be very acceptable, particularly a top-fermented ale, perhaps an India Pale Ale.

Mojo, my husband is also a beer drinker, and of course we're on the same cruise. He gets by quite happily with Heineken on these cruises, once he's got the steward to remove the Bud (the bad kind) from the fridge. But he's be very happy if there was a good English ale in the lounges, or a Czech beer, for sure. An IPA would be good.

Mojo...

From one of the menus I was looking at I saw that they carried Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on board. This is a national award winning ale from a small micor brewery located in Northern California. Have had many of there beers and ales and would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks, Larry. It is good to hear from you. This will be our first cruise since we had to pull out of our Osaka to Hong Kong booking in 2007 following my wife's accident. And it is a leap of faith, never having travelled by plane or boat with a wheelchair.

I hope you are both well.

OrpingtonT -- Karen and I are doing well. As you know, we had to pull out of the Voyager 2009 World Cruise. I'm jealous of your upcoming cruise on the Voyager. I undestand Capt. Dag will be joining her tomorrow...please give him our best. Please keep us posted on your experiences. Best, Larry

We are just back from the Southampton to Copenhagen cruise on the Voyager. We had a wonderful time and the ship and crew could not have been better. We dined in Prime 7 twice and Signitures twice in addition to the Compass Rose. They were all excellent. I am not sure how they do it, but it was impossible to find a face that was not smiling and a greeting that was warm and sincere. Every request we had was immediately acted upon. As was said above I would give it a 10 out of 10.

MrMojorisin

We're on it!!

Do you like them ice-cold like the Yankees, slightly chilled, or room temperature?

I think you're on for 14 nights, 3 cases (72 bottles or cans) enough?

FDR

MrMojorisn, u can expect your beer request to be amply supplied in your suite...FDR

gracious words will be followed by precise action as he is CEO of Presitge Cruise Holdings

(own both Regent and Oceania)

Archived