Odyssey Questions, Musings, and Trip Reports

JaneBP

With Thanks to Col Wes for the 'heads up' as it were,

here are the Odyssey Spa Prices! I think if they are not published in the suite, I will print them out and take them with me as a decision-making guide. I wonder if they have port day specials.

http://luxurycruisebible.blogspot.com/

This is a wonderful link, thank you for posting.

On the maiden there was no deck barbecue but there was a rock show with dancing. They called it something else, forget what now. I don't know what they'll do in the future. I happened to be dining at the Patio Grill that night so it was a great segue into the show.

It was called Moving On Up!!

I was just checking the Seabourn Spa prices with the prices at a local spa, which is very nice. Not too much difference in some of the therapies.

BTW: Is this what I think it is???

>Elemis Body Sculpting & Colon Therapy (50 minutes) = $135.00

I was lucky enough to have just completed a 10 day Black Sea cruise on Odyssey - you should prepare yourself for an amazing experience on the best cruise ship around! The service is outstanding as is the cuisine.

Hosted tables are very much a feature in the evenings - we had a couple of invitations but declined them - I prefer not to be making 'small talk' whilst being served such devine cuisine.

I noticed that single travellers were well catered for and the staff ensured that they didn't dine alone if this was their preference.

The only disappointing thing about Odyssey is that you have to disembark after your cruise is finished!!

I didn't "experience" the beds but made a couple of visits up to Deck 11 where they are located. They are lovely and look very comfortable but be prepared for a complete immersion in the sun. There is no shade provided at all. I do think service is provided for drinks etc.

Three questions for the lucky sailors who have already sailed on Odyssey.

-- Does Odyssey offer free massage moments on deck? If so, how often were they out there?

-- Are there spa specials/discounts when the ship is in port?

-- Are the ship's photograhers annoying? (I doubt it on Odyssey).

Thank you.

There are no ship's photographers on Seabourn so no worries there.

Honestly, I didn't spend enough time around the pool to notice if they were offering massage moments but I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

Can't help you with the spa questions. Sorry.

I'm sorry if this question was already asked and I missed it, but can you tell me anything about the walking deck/track, where I can walk my way to....... Hong Kong for instance? I love to walk for half an hour every morning and as you probably know on the triplets the "rounds" are not too long! How about on the Odyssey?

Marja

There are a couple of places for outdoor walking on the Odyssey.

The route on 9 deck is roughly equivalent in distance to the course on the sisters. It is maybe a bit shorter but is certainly wider. You would pass the Sky Bar at one end and the area in front of the glass atrium at the other.

There is also lots of deck on level 5 to walk on although it's not a 360 walk. I seldom found anyone on the deck area apart from the area at the stern where the small pool and jacuzzis are.

Regards!

There are a couple of places for outdoor walking on the Odyssey.

The route on 9 deck is roughly equivalent in distance to the course on the sisters. It is maybe a bit shorter but is certainly wider. You would pass the Sky Bar at one end and the area in front of the glass atrium at the other.

There is also lots of deck on level 5 to walk on although it's not a 360 walk. I seldom found anyone on the deck area apart from the area at the stern where the small pool and jacuzzis are.

Regards!

Thanks very much for answering! I already looked of course to the deck plans and kind of thought the course on deck 9 would indeed be not longer than on the triplets, a pity! I was hoping and expecting you could walk longer distances on the bigger ships! I'll have another look at deck 5. So most people were walking their laps (if they did it at all) on deck 9?

Marja

The walkers were almost all doing their courses on 9 deck and seldom used 5 deck which is covered and quiet. Also, there were not as many walkers as I remember on the sisters but then maybe they were all partied out as part of the maiden voyage experience.

Seriously though, the gym may be where the fit crowd was doing their workouts. It is incredibly large and well equipped; I think I remember Pam Conover saying that the general spa/fitness area is half the size of the facility on QM2 where there are 2600 passengers vs 450. You will not be disappointed with choice on the Odyssey!

Regards

The walkers were almost all doing their courses on 9 deck and seldom used 5 deck which is covered and quiet. Also, there were not as many walkers as I remember on the sisters but then maybe they were all partied out as part of the maiden voyage experience.

Seriously though, the gym may be where the fit crowd was doing their workouts. It is incredibly large and well equipped; I think I remember Pam Conover saying that the general spa/fitness area is half the size of the facility on QM2 where there are 2600 passengers vs 450. You will not be disappointed with choice on the Odyssey!

Regards

Hopefully, the ceilings in the gym are high enough that I can use the treadmills :eek: On the triplets they are not :(

Archived