Odyssey Questions, Musings, and Trip Reports

JaneBP

Hi All,

Can anyone be so kind as to share their recent personal experience or evaluation on the substantive quality of the port lectures on Odyssey?

A link to this topic is also welcome . We are on the SEPT 26th Dalamation itinerary. Been avidly reviewing multiple blog sites including Ralf's avidcruiser blog.

Thanks!:)

Leah RN

Odyssey 9/26/09

See you there, jroetegger! Dress code question. SB has told us that there will be 2 F nights on a 14 day segment. No other info was offered. On a 14 D SS segment, there would be 3 F, 6 I & 5 C. Can you veterans fill me in on informal and casual counts? Thanx for your assistance.

Did the daily Seabourn Herald appear the same, but with perhaps more activities? Does the social hostess edit it? How about the USA 'Times' and the UK 'Times'?

I believe someone posted that the daily menus are on the interactive TV, do I reacall that correctly? Can one reserve for dinner via the interactive service?

No, not the couple at the front in the third picture.

Looks like they just had bad news.

Hahahahaha! yes, money (and 'events') don't equal happiness some people never get it.

Not that money is wrong, it just has its place... and that's NOT 'number one'

(ex- po'boy Will) :D

The ship is extraordinary and the vibe is overwhelmingly enthusiastic. That said, Pamela Conover continues to work hard and is everywhere meeting passengers, consulting with crew about certain details and leading.

All thanks to your informative post, and all power to the success of the vessel, and satisfaction of hte guests, but, let's be honest here... in other words, the crew are fixing all the glitches, and the boss is schmoozing all the credit.

Few CEO's are close enough to the coalface to truly 'lead' with the exception of the Southwest Airlines guy, and the testimony to that is in the respect he has from his staff, Amen!

Go on challenge me, I dare anyone (especially CEO's!)

What an odd post! I have many years of management experience in various parts of the world and all I would expect from those who read this thread is to take my views in stride.

Where was I coming from when I posted my impressions of the maiden voyage of the Odyssey? I saw a hard-working team which included Pamela Conover, Pres and CEO and the senior officers of this marvelous ship handling the finest of details with aplomb. Further, I heard that Pamela was mucking in with all of the crew when moving furniture and other fixtures during the trip from the Genoa yard on the way to Venice where the first passengers embarked. Their performance and the respect the crew showed for the line were impressive- so much so that I felt the obligation to comment on it.

That's the bottom line as far as I am concerned. I look forward to joining this line again; I have 3 cruises booked during the next 2 years.

I have always been impressed on Seabourn by just how much the Officers do to help the rest of the crew......for example....on packing away the Deck BBQ equipment, tables etc etc....Executive Chef Markus was in there along with the youngest and newest crew members, cleaning, carrying, packing away......and thats just ONE example of many!

Archived