Interior Guarantee

We booked an inside guarentee and were given a room on the very front of the ship. I called RCI and they changed the room for me and now we're practically dead center. You may not have the same luck - depends on how booked your cruise is, but worth a try.

Has anyone ever booked a Interior Guarantee room? What was your experience? Did you luck out and receive a visit from the upgrade fairy?

We always book the inside guarantee and have never had a bad experience (knock on wood!) Have been upgraded twice.

I book mostly inside guarantees, I have been in insides, all over the ship OV, Balcnies so it just depepnds on luck but I personally dont care what kind of cabin iam in or where on the ship... have saled the suite guarantees aswell when the price is right and been in JS-OS so its all good in the end :)

I booked a client on a back to back Easter cruise on an inside guarantee once about 3 years ago. Ended up in OS for one of the weeks and GS for the other.

He thought I was some kind of miracle worker and I did not have the heart to tell him that I wasn't.

Last January my husband and I booked inside cat. z 10 days prior to cruise departure and when we made the payment, were immediately upgraded to an oceanview cabin on 5th deck! So far, we've never had a problem with booking guarantee cabin.

Chris from FLA

I did the Interior Guarantee and I got lucky for my upcoming cruise! My travel docs have arrived and although it is still an Interior room, they upgraded me to a PROMENADE room, which has a large window overlooking the promenade! So I'm happy with it! You might get luckier!

My wife and I booked an inside cabin for last cruise on EOS to Southern Caribbean. After the confirmation, we knew we’ll be getting an outside cabin because we took the “qty cabin” booking. Frankly, even up till now, we still not quite understand how qty works. The cabin was on 3rd deck right mid-ship front. The room was OK, a bit old but can’t compare with Freedom Class. Mismatched chair (no big deal), the closet door had a squeaky noise (when the ship rocks) but gone the next day. The most noticeable was a “dry pee” smell from the toilet regardless how many times we flashed it. I reported to the cabin-maid who did try to clean it but without success. I found out why after I used the shower head to spray underneath a piece of black plastic lining which was hanging down on the inside rim. Eventually, the smell gone after the cabin-maid removed the lining completely. On the other hand, that was one of the most enjoyable cruises through the years. 7 nights from Colon to Cartagena, Santa Marta, ABC Islands for half the regular price. The weather was great, the music, the people…we enjoyed every moment of it eventhough mostly everything was in Spanish. There was an identical cruise (Santo Domingo to Barbados, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Aruba and Caracas), unfortunately they were both on test-run basics; I can find them in next year March/April sailing schedule cause we would love to go back that region again.

We booked an inside guarentee and were given a room on the very front of the ship. I called RCI and they changed the room for me and now we're practically dead center. You may not have the same luck - depends on how booked your cruise is, but worth a try.

Hi we have just been upgraded to the cabin at the very front of the ship on deck 2 why did you ask to change what do you know about the room? we are not sea sick prone was this the reason you moved I have been told thatn all the inside cabins are taken which is why I was upgraded to this larger L cabin???:)

We switched from the lowest interior stateroom category to an interior guarantee on our upcoming cruise. We ended up only one category up, but we did end up on the same deck as our friends that we're traveling with, which was nice. Our cruise is likely sailing full, though, so I'm sure that affected the quality of the interiors that were available. Frankly, I was surprised that they offered interior gty's on our sailing, since it's a summer cruise and seems to be at or near capacity.

While we are on the topic of guarantee cabins, any ideas why this type of cabins are only offered for Double, but not Triple or Quads?

I'd say it is because there are limited amounts of triple and quad cabins available ... it may also be how they hold inventory for guarantees in that there is no way to distinguish between passengers that need certain accommodations.

Archived