Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

Our travel agent is saying that she can arrange transportation from our hotel, Freys, to the cruise ship for $30 per person. In 2014 is that reasonable?

Thanks so much.

I guess that depends on your definition of reasonable.

The distance from the hotel to your ship is about 4-5km depending on where the ship docks.

So I'd say that it is a reasonable cost.

I don't think a regular cab would be any cheaper then this.

The other option if you want a cheaper transport then that is to go by bus.

Regardless if your ship docks at Frihamnen or at Stadsgårdskajen there is bus connections close to your hotel (less then 300m)

for buses that goes to/passes either of the docking locations but that also depends on when and where your ship docks (weekday/weekend and etc)

Our travel agent is saying that she can arrange transportation from our hotel, Freys, to the cruise ship for $30 per person. In 2014 is that reasonable?

Thanks so much.

I assume that is Legend of the Sea, 6 July?

In that case it would be from Bryggargatan 12 to Frihamnen 638.

According to Taxi Stockholm's web page that should cost someting like 200 Kr ($30) for 1-4 persons.

We're concerned about the unregulated taxis and would like a to pre-arrange a limo company or service for our 3 transfers. 1) Airport to the Shearaton Stockholm 2) hotel to the pier for Legend of the Seas and 3) pier to the airport.

Any suggestions for reliable companies to work with? Thank you.

I assume that is Legend of the Sea, 6 July?

In that case it would be from Bryggargatan 12 to Frihamnen 638.

According to Taxi Stockholm's web page that should cost someting like 200 Kr ($30) for 1-4 persons.

You have a very good point which I didn't think of (too early in the morning ;))

Obviously if they are more then 1 person a regular cab would be a better choice from a cost perspective.

We're concerned about the unregulated taxis and would like a to pre-arrange a limo company or service for our 3 transfers. 1) Airport to the Shearaton Stockholm 2) hotel to the pier for Legend of the Seas and 3) pier to the airport.

Any suggestions for reliable companies to work with? Thank you.

as for a reputable car service see the first post on this page. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42080473&postcount=1601

Edited by Desdichado62

The site I checked shows Ryndam arriving 26th May 2014 at Berth BOJ1 Fortojning PA Strommen

It appears this requires tendering

Once on dry land how close will we be to the main attractions?

Thank you

The site I checked shows Ryndam arriving 26th May 2014 at Berth BOJ1 Fortojning PA Strommen

It appears this requires tendering

Once on dry land how close will we be to the main attractions?

Thank you

You will be dropped off at Skeppsbron which is close to the Royal Palace.

Judging by this forum thread, the drop off point is at the south east end of Gamla Stan.

If you want to go to Wasa, go with Djurgårdsfärjan*, if you want to Gamla Stan, you're already there and

if you want to go to the Royal Palace just walk through Gamla Stan or along Skeppsbron to get there.

Also see this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41822967&highlight=djurg%E5rdsf%E4rjan#post41822967

*Djurgårdsfärjan departs from almost the same place as where you are dropped off, you can't miss them. Tickets are bought from the ticket booth or from the ticket machine.

Edited by Desdichado62

You have a very good point which I didn't think of (too early in the morning ;))

Obviously if they are more then 1 person a regular cab would be a better choice from a cost perspective.

as for a reputable car service see the first post on this page. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42080473&postcount=1601

Thank you! I really appreciate your efforts to help those of us who've not yet visited your beautiful country :)

Reading pages for last two years, it seems that HOHO boats depart from same area as cruise ship berths.

But aren't there many cruise ships berths on either side of Viking terminal?

If you are coming on Viking Overnight ferry from HEL, how far is the HOHO boat landing?

can you buy ticket on these boats per ride or the all day pass need to be bought? (might be interested in only ride from Viking terminal to Old town and in the afternoon from Vasa museum to Viking terminal)

Read somewhere about buying HOHO boat ticket in advance at substantial discount but could not find any website where one can do so.

thanks

Edited by hal2008

Reading pages for last two years, it seems that HOHO boats depart from same area as cruise ship berths.

But aren't there many cruise ships berths on either side of Viking terminal?

If you are coming on Viking Overnight ferry from HEL, how far is the HOHO boat landing?

can you buy ticket on these boats per ride or the all day pass need to be bought? (might be interested in only ride from Viking terminal

to Old town and in the afternoon from Vasa museum to Viking terminal)

Read somewhere about buying HOHO boat ticket in advance at substantial discount but could not find any website where one can do so.

thanks

First thing first. Only some cruise ships docks at Stadsgårdskajen/Masthamnen at the Viking Line terminal.

Most cruise ships docks at the Northern end

of the city at Frihamnen which also is where Tallink Silja ferries from Finland, Estonia and Latvia docks.

Those (non Viking Line/ Birka) cruise ships that docks at Stadsgårdskajen always docks at the outermost berth named S167.

Not far maybe 350m from the Viking the terminal to the tourist house where you can gets maps and other tourist stuff

as well as tickets for the HoHo boats. The HoHo docks at the short end (Kortsidan) of the berth/dock so maybe an additional 150m from where you buy the tickets.

Here is a map link: https://www.google.se/maps/place/%C3%96stra+Tegelviksslingan/@59.3156406,18.1016917,416m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x465f7803dd95943f:0x819a13a4398baeb6

https://www.google.se/maps/@59.314639,18.097698,3a,27y,14.54h,89.93t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOS0NaGYMaaxFKWfj4jQuZA!2e0

The tickets for Strömma Hoho are both single stop tickets (bought on-board) or day passes sold in the tickets kiosks.

Royal Sightseeing seems to have only full day tickets and they sell tickets both on kiosks in various places as well as on-board the boats.

From VL terminal to Old Town is one or two stops in between. Which would mean that you need to pay for two or three stops.

From Djurgården, go to Allmänna Gränd next to Gröna Lund to avoid multiple stops from Vasa back to the terminal.

There will also be another two HoHo boat companies as well.

Royal Sightseeing (which is also owned by Strömma since a couple of months back) as well as a joint company between Utö Rederi and Blidösundsbolaget.

However I have not been able to find any info for the latte

We have reservations for 4:30 at the Ice Bar on Thursday 5/29. Our ship is at the buoy mooring. We were hoping to take the ferry to visit the Vasa and then wander in Skansen before heading to the bar. What is the best way to get from Skansen to the Ice Bar and how long should we allow?

Either take tram #7 towards Sergelstorg, From Skansen to Sergelstorg and then walk from Sergelstorg to Icebar (about 600m)

Or

Take tram #7 towards Sergelstorg, get off at Djurgårdsbron and go with red bus #69 towards Tomteboda.

Get off at Vasagatan/Kungsgatan stop and walk from the stop to the Icebar (about 160m).

you'll have about 6-7 minutes for the change which should be more then enough time.

Bus #69 is sometimes called bus 69K but for you it does not matter since both goes by the stop where you should get off.

The complete journey will take around 25-30 minutes.

There is one departure every 7-8th minute regardless of which option you use;

15.36, 15.43, 15.51 and 15.58 the last one is probably on the limit if you can make it in time to 16.30

Also note that you need to but bus/tram tickets in advance but there should be a kiosk outside Skansen that sells bus tickets.

https://www.google.se/maps/@59.324065,18.099858,3a,24.6y,37.96h,88.75t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sRJ3d6FxGsXvb12gJgwOlHw!2e0!6m1!1e1

We have reservations for 4:30 at the Ice Bar on Thursday 5/29. Our ship is at the buoy mooring. We were hoping to take the ferry to visit the Vasa and then wander in Skansen before heading to the bar. What is the best way to get from Skansen to the Ice Bar and how long should we allow?

How did you make the reservations at the Ice Bar? I want to but I either did not find the right website, or I'm still too far out (I'm looking at 7-12-14). Please post some details on how to reserve :) Thanks!

I would guess this is the website: http://www.icebarstockholm.se/booking/

Yes, that is the one I used. It involved several steps which ended by going to a different site to provide the credit card information, etc. I tried to see what was available on your date, but it indicated you had to be within two months to book. Procedure went easily and I had a printable confirmation followed up by an email.

From where the HoHo boat pier is, how do we get to Skansen please?

From the pier at Djurgården after the boat trip you mean?

200 meter straight forward up to the main road (Djurgårdsvägen), then turn right and another 200 meters to the main gate.

From the pier at Djurgården after the boat trip you mean?

200 meter straight forward up to the main road (Djurgårdsvägen), then turn right and another 200 meters to the main gate.

Many thanks to both of you, so helpful :)

Although it depends on which Ho-Ho boat you use.

Strömma and Royal sightseeing are the only one that docks at both Allmänna gränd and Vasa.

Red Boats sightseeing only docks at Vasa which is further away.

In the latter case I think you will be dropped off to the left (west) of Vasa which means you have to walk up the entrance area of Vasa museum,

then down along the other (east) side of the museum, across the lawn to Hazeliusporten where you can enter Skansen.

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/59.3274976,18.093143/59.3273043,18.0987285/@59.3268781,18.0947952,340m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d18.0973101!2d59.3274322!3s0x465f9d54b03c5ff5:0xc33459135eda8e0d!1m0!3e2

Edited by Desdichado62

Although it depends on which Ho-Ho boat you use.

Strömma and Royal sightseeing are the only one that docks at both Allmänna gränd and Vasa.

Red Boats sightseeing only docks at Vasa which is further away.

In the latter case I think you will be dropped off to the left (west) of Vasa which means you have to walk up the entrance area of Vasa museum,

then down along the other (east) side of the museum, across the lawn to Hazeliusporten where you can enter Skansen.

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/59.3274976,18.093143/59.3273043,18.0987285/@59.3268781,18.0947952,340m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d18.0973101!2d59.3274322!3s0x465f9d54b03c5ff5:0xc33459135eda8e0d!1m0!3e2

Thank you for the link to the ice bar!

How should we choose between the different HOHO boat operators?

Desdichado62, thanks once again. You are so helpful and its much appreciated.

Ditto :D

Now for the question! I had looked into the roof top walk and we decided against it. However, when I was reading reviews, someone mentioned a building with an inexpensive elevator to an awesome observation view of Stockhom. Naturally, I can't find the information now :( Is this something that you know about?