Is it a problem not to look like passport pic?

Newcruiser06

The guy in my passport picture has a beard. I don't. I've pointed that out to several cusoms people, but they just ignore it. If you look like your passport or driver's license photo, you really need a vacation.

My passport picture is so bad -- it IS getting noticed. Oh my :mad: still 9 years to go. My grandson is doing his first cruise next week at age 6 months/2 days (6 months is youngest can cruise). His passport picture was taken at 3 weeks of age and shows a typical wrapped up youngster --girl? boy? still sorta red with black hair. He is now a beautiful strawberry blonde with a big toothless grin. He will not look like his passport picture in 5 years when his passport expires. Not realy sure why we do pictures. Biometrics anybody?

Once in a while I get asked "what happened" - I got my passport in 2002 and since then I shaved the mustache and got contacts. But I've never been asked to show another form of ID as verification. (Perhaps because I have a 13-letter last name and they figure if I can either spell or pronounce it, that's verification enough.)

That's why kid passports are only good for 5 years instead of 10. I've never been one of the 'paranoid about the government' - but folks are already freaking about the chipped passports - and can't imagine I'd really want my fingerprints or retinal scan in a national government database.

My passport picture is so bad -- it IS getting noticed. Oh my :mad: still 9 years to go. My grandson is doing his first cruise next week at age 6 months/2 days (6 months is youngest can cruise). His passport picture was taken at 3 weeks of age and shows a typical wrapped up youngster --girl? boy? still sorta red with black hair. He is now a beautiful strawberry blonde with a big toothless grin. He will not look like his passport picture in 5 years when his passport expires. Not realy sure why we do pictures. Biometrics anybody?

My passport photo looks a heck of a lot better than I do in real life, don't know why but I even get great pictures at the DMV. No one questioned it when I presented the passport for flights or the cruise. The flight from London to Seattle was brutal, with the connection I had been up nearly 24 hours - felt & looked like the Wrath of God. I got a double take when I was boarding the last flight but the screener must have been too kind to say anything. :o

Slightly off topic but my wife and I were on a Caribbean cruise several years ago and were standing in line boarding the ship after a day in port. The husband of the couple in front of us decided to get a haircut(he had a ponytail pre cut) and shave off his at least 10" beard. Obviously he didn't look anything like the pic on his cruise card....taken only two days earlier. Security would not let him board....his wife had to go to their room and get his passport where he he had shorter hair and no beard! Bumped into him later that night and shared a drink and a laugh about the experience.

I've lost about 120 pounds since I got my passport and I've stopped dying my hair which is now grey. So I don't hardly recognize myself. Is that going to be a problem on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise?

Congratulations on the weight loss! :)

Congrates,

I found about half of the weight that you lost. If you want it back feel free to give me a call.:o

My passport photo, taken in 2002, is one of the most atrocious photos that I have witmssed to date. I honestly don't think that it is possible to have that many chins. :eek: Now my drivers license photo, on the other hand, is one of the best pictures yet. If you put the two together it looks like two completely different people.

Although it is only 3 years old, my passport photo looks makes me look younger than I actually am. I have had them say things to me like "you have your hair different", but they have always let me through. DH lost over 50 lbs and we were worried about how much different he looks now than his passport photo, but when we cruised in Feb., no one said a thing.

Congrats on the huge weight loss.

The guy in my passport picture has a beard. I don't. I've pointed that out to several cusoms people, but they just ignore it. If you look like your passport or driver's license photo, you really need a vacation.

This is incorrect. If you REALLY look like your passport photograph, you are almost certainly too ill to travel.:D

• 3 months later...
I've lost about 120 pounds since I got my passport and I've stopped dying my hair which is now grey. So I don't hardly recognize myself. Is that going to be a problem on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise?

Just before our Med cruise, I cut all my long blond hair off and dyed it VERY dark. Not one word was said to me... My daughter's passport, she had very long hair and has since been diagnosed with leukemia and when we went on her Make A Wish trip to the Med she had very little hair... only one dumba$$ in Salt Lake City told her he liked her better with long hair...

I don't think you'll have a problem at all. With passports lasting as long as they do, MANY people don't look like their photo. Look at teenagers... 10 years later, they don't look anything like their photo.

You won't have any problems...

Archived