Is an hour enough time for atlanta.

1lovehols

Since you have limited options if your flight is delayed, I would be on the phone with DL asking to get on one of their earlier MIA-ATL flights. They have a number of them, so be polite but insistent. Talk to their international desk, since your ticket involves an international segment.

Thank you for your advice the reason I chose the 4pm lfight out was so that when we docked we could do a city tour of Miami before heading to the airport home. We don't get into Miami till 10.47 the eve before the cruise.

I might hang tight and see if they change it again and if not then see what the other options we have. so thank you I wouldn't have thought of contacting them as I booked a non refundable flight so didn't think they could change it either. If for whatever reason we were delayed and missed the atl-man flight would they have to sort us on the next avail flight to man?

I'm a bit miffed they hadn't notified us of the change I only went on they booking by chance to double check out flight out of Manchester.

Since THEY changed, you can ask to get your ticket changed (i presume the rules are the same for international tickets..)

IMO an hour in ATL is NO WAY long enough..............

and don't feel unloved...it is my experience that Delta rarely tells people of schedule changes even if you signed up for that.....i found out about mine by accident as well.....:mad:

The ATL airport is a among the world's busiest.....and an hour, even if DL says it is OK really is not! (at least you're on the way home though as opposed to jsut starting out!)

I might hang tight and see if they change it again and if not then see what the other options we have. ... If for whatever reason we were delayed and missed the atl-man flight would they have to sort us on the next avail flight to man?
They would have to reaccommodate you, but as far as I can see, the options are really very limited. That flight to MAN is the only non-stop from ATL. If you miss it, then your options on DL codes are limited to the 2050 to CDG, changing there to arrive at MAN at 1345; or the late LHR at 2235 arriving at 1200 (but only if DL is then prepared to put you onto a BA or BD up to MAN). If DL is prepared to use other airlines for the long sector, then there are a few more re-routing options, but the only sensible one appears to be to put you on the BA via LHR at 2045 - otherwise you run into the same potential problems with single daily flights across the Atlantic to MAN.

Or else you could be taking a 24-hour delay.

I think you have to work out for yourself what is more important: getting home on time, or having a city tour of Miami. Only you can answer that question. If I didn't have to be home absolutely on time, I might take that risk and treat what follows as a bit of an adventure. But there are many CC members who wouldn't be able to cope with the stress of not knowing when and how they were going to fly home.

I also think it's unlikely that there will be any further substantial changes to the time of your ATL-MAN flight. This schedule change will be part of the process of finalising schedules for northern winter 2009/10 - that's why we're bang in the middle of schedule change season now for international flights.

Thank you so much for your info re other flights. thinking it through I'mm going to see if we can get the 3pm flight from Miami to Atla and maybe do the valet luggage jobbie the RC offer and maybe see if we can just get a morning city tour thats not from the RC. I don't like to rush or be late for things and I know I would panic that I wont get home.

I have also made a tight connection in ATL. Since Delta is the big dog in ATL, they have LOTS of gates. It really depends on which gates are used for the segments. Luckily, it wasn't too far from our arrival gate, so we just hurried and made it. If I were you, I would look for a later flight, that way, you can take the city tour.

Joe<---Hey...get outta my way on that people mover....:)

I have called a very nice chap in the US and changed the mia to Atl to 3pm. we shall have to see if we can just do a walking city tour or get a cab tour.

I would have liked a later flight from atl but they only do one a day to Man(uk)

Thank you all for your input.

• 2 years later...

We live in Atlanta area and always have to fly out of ATL. It's such a huge airport and depending on the gate, you could have some realistic problems. Glad you were able to switch times. I would never chance a one hour plane change in Atlanta. I've gotten to the airport 2 hours before a flight and barely made it getting onto the plane before the doors closed. You can never predict when there will be a back-up that doesn't involve your plane or your itinerary, but impacts you.

We live in Atlanta area and always have to fly out of ATL. It's such a huge airport and depending on the gate, you could have some realistic problems. Glad you were able to switch times. I would never chance a one hour plane change in Atlanta. I've gotten to the airport 2 hours before a flight and barely made it getting onto the plane before the doors closed. You can never predict when there will be a back-up that doesn't involve your plane or your itinerary, but impacts you.

"If" the OP had any problems making his connection, I think they've been dealt with by now... unless he is still wandering aimlessly around Georgia. :D

I have also made a tight connection in ATL. Since Delta is the big dog in ATL, they have LOTS of gates. It really depends on which gates are used for the segments. Luckily, it wasn't too far from our arrival gate, so we just hurried and made it. If I were you, I would look for a later flight, that way, you can take the city tour.

Joe<---Hey...get outta my way on that people mover....:)

I just realized that I have an hour to connect in Atlanta to West Palm Beach this February (58 minutes to be exact) from Manchester (luckily NH not England). I booked it via the delta website. Luckily the flights seem to go out hourly so hopefully they would put us on the next flight. Should I be concerned. Our luggage may not make it though. We are actually driving down to FLL so we could actually fly there instead (would have to book another rental) if we missed the PBI connection.

Luckily the flights seem to go out hourly so hopefully they would put us on the next flight. Should I be concerned. Our luggage may not make it though. We are actually driving down to FLL so we could actually fly there instead (would have to book another rental) if we missed the PBI connection.

Clarification: They would put you on the next flight on which there are available seats. That could be the very next flight, or it could be hours later or even the next day.

Case in point: I fly frequently into FLL. On multiple occasions one of the legs is oversold and they ask for volunteers to be rebooked. I usually offer, & explain that I'm willing to fly into PBI if that will allow me to arrive earlier than an alternate into FLL, but due to flights being sold out/oversold they have never been able to give me an alternate itinerary that gets me there earlier than 11pm (sometimes even later) or so, into either airport. I'm usually scheduled originally to land between 4-7pm, which means the next several flights after mine have usually been completely booked.

Delta is really bad about notifying you that they changed your flights times, etc. In May we were supposed to arrive in London at 10:30 and then they cancelled that flight and put us on one that landed two hours later. I was mad because I was not notified. I found out by accident since I check it fairly often on our trips that are already booked.

I called them and they had no explanation. I wanted to land as early as possibly because wanted to see as much as possible of London since we only had 1 day precruise to see it. It all worked out OK but they say put in the information but they never notify you. Good luck.

I have pretty much stopped booking Delta because of their habit of changing flight times constantly! They have never notified me directly but when I have booked thru 1800flyeurope they will notify me. Drives me nuts particularly if I book at the 331 day thing.:mad:

Drives me nuts particularly if I book at the 331 day thing.:mad:
Rule of thumb.....if you book AA, UA, or DL as soon as the schedules come out, expect there to be some tweaking of your reservation.

Please let us know how your new airline of choice keeps a locked in schedule 330 days out.

• 3 weeks later...
I just realized that I have an hour to connect in Atlanta to West Palm Beach this February (58 minutes to be exact) from Manchester (luckily NH not England). I booked it via the delta website. Luckily the flights seem to go out hourly so hopefully they would put us on the next flight. Should I be concerned. Our luggage may not make it though. We are actually driving down to FLL so we could actually fly there instead (would have to book another rental) if we missed the PBI connection.

Don't have to worry about my 58 minute layover anymore cause Delta changed my flts; MHT to ATL was 10 minutes later; they put me on the later flight into PBI which makes for a 2 hour layover; actually glad for the change.

Archived