Probably our Last Royal Caribbean Cruise - Laundry & Wine

In defense of Sue, she is one of the most respectful posters here.

I have to agree with the other responses, you should of done your homework before choosing Royal. There are volumes of great information to be found here at CC and I for one am greatful for all that I've learned.:D

I appreciate the support but the OP totally misquoted what I said.

I am going to put this thread in my favorites, it is getting very entertaining, I hope it does not get pulled.

Also,

Over the past many months I eagerly read the posts by SueL. Your vast cruise experience and knowledge that you share is very informative.

THANK YOU!!

I have to agree with most of the posts here also. We are going on our first RCCL cruise next month after cruising on Disney numerous times. Disney allows BYOB and has laundry services. I know before I go that RCCL does not allow/provide these. Do I like it? No. So now it's up to me to decide whether to cruise with them or not. I chose to factor in the additional cost and book. I'm certainly not going to hold this against the cruise line!

I am going to put this thread in my favorites, it is getting very entertaining, I hope it does not get pulled.

Also,

Over the past many months I eagerly read the posts by SueL. Your vast cruise experience and knowledge that you share is very informative.

THANK YOU!!

thanks very much, but sometimes I hate posting because people twist your words and misquote you.:rolleyes:

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

Just two words...go commando! The money you save on underwear should buy you a bottle or two of wine on board.:D

either that or she was offended by the add in your signature

:cj

As a TA I am allowed to put my companies name but not location in my signature, it is in the guidelines and if he was offended, sorry but that is not my issue.

In defense of Sue, she is one of the most respectful posters here.

I have to agree with the other responses, you should of done your homework before choosing Royal. There are volumes of great information to be found here at CC and I for one am greatful for all that I've learned.:D

RCCL website and brochures have most of what you need to know also.In the OP defense we all miss things before booking.No need to flame

RCCL website and brochures have most of what you need to know also.In the OP defense we all miss things before booking.No need to flame

Flame?? Oh come on! Sue is right, people either can't read or have this tendancey to misquote.

I have managed to sail 10,12 and 15 day cruises and never had to do laundry. Opps....I lie, once we had jeans washed after a horseback riding excursion (stinky) and the cost was reasonable.

Buy extra undies and no issues.

I agree with above to bring extra! And how much room do undies take up in luggage??? Not much so bring extra. I remember sending laundry out on our RCCL cruise and I believe undies were only $1.00 but we waited for the $20 or $25 special to show up and stuffed that bag full. That's a good deal.

Laundry facilities come in so handy especially on longer cruises. Our first cruises were on Princess, and I was also disappointed that RCI didn't offer washers and dryers. With the 50 lb.weight limit, packing becomes a challenge. We are now Diamond Plus with RCI so obviously do-it-yourself laundry has not been a deal breaker for us. We like the ships, the food, the service, etc, etc, etc. and fork over the price for cleaning, washing, folding, etc. Still, I had my fingers crossed that when sailing on the Oasis or the Allure that we could go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes rather than facing that chore at home. There have been many posts on this very subject. Half say "we'd never do laundry on a vacation" while the other half wish for those facilties.

Laundry facilities come in so handy especially on longer cruises. Our first cruises were on Princess, and I was also disappointed that RCI didn't offer washers and dryers. With the 50 lb.weight limit, packing becomes a challenge. We are now Diamond Plus with RCI so obviously do-it-yourself laundry has not been a deal breaker for us. We like the ships, the food, the service, etc, etc, etc. and fork over the price for cleaning, washing, folding, etc. Still, I had my fingers crossed that when sailing on the Oasis or the Allure that we could go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes rather than facing that chore at home. There have been many posts on this very subject. Half say "we'd never do laundry on a vacation" while the other half wish for those facilties.
Or being Elite on Princess and getting free laundry.:D

I agree with above to bring extra! And how much room do undies take up in luggage??? Not much so bring extra. I remember sending laundry out on our RCCL cruise and I believe undies were only $1.00 but we waited for the $20 or $25 special to show up and stuffed that bag full. That's a good deal.

Yes,we put around 40 items in that bag but heres a hint ,Don't use the paper bag thats in the closet but instead ask the room steward for a plastic one.You can jam a ton off stuff in them and you don't have to be able to closr the bag.Fill it all the way to the top.20 bucks

Yes,we put around 40 items in that bag but heres a hint ,Don't use the paper bag thats in the closet but instead ask the room steward for a plastic one.You can jam a ton off stuff in them and you don't have to be able to closr the bag.Fill it all the way to the top

I like the way you think!

Yes,we put around 40 items in that bag but heres a hint ,Don't use the paper bag thats in the closet but instead ask the room steward for a plastic one.You can jam a ton off stuff in them and you don't have to be able to closr the bag.Fill it all the way to the top.20 bucks

Excellent tip!!!

No one says it was directed at Sue. You quoted me and accused me of flaming the OP. I simply repeated what all the others have posted. If suggesting to the OP that doing a little research prior to booking a cruise is flaming...then I stand corrected.

There should be (may be?) a plastic bag hanging on the wall behind the cabin door. At least there always has been on my cruises.

No one says it was directed at Sue. You quoted me and accused me of flaming the OP. I simply repeated what all the others have posted. If suggesting to the OP that doing a little research prior to booking a cruise is flaming...then I stand corrected.

I guess Sue was right about the misquotes and twisting words!!!:rolleyes::eek:

Archived