Probably our Last Royal Caribbean Cruise - Laundry & Wine

W-O-O-L-I-T-E people!!! I mean, they do provide you with little sinks & a little line to hang things on in your shower or tub. Utilize them if that is what makes or breaks your vacation.....;)

I also saw this on Ebay, maybe you can find a place in your suitcase for this......The Fabulous Wonderwash...

wonderwash.jpg.4bff0ce1142d893b52626e89bc55be1c.jpg

You complained about this in June.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20112432&postcount=83

So you are still upset about it, 2 months later? :confused:

Is it a full moon out tonight around here? :cool:

At least on this thread, it is a family decision not to cruise RCI anymore, on that thread, his wife called the shots:D;)

No self-service laundry on the Space Station? Cancel my reservation IMMEDIATELY.:D Their wine list is probably lacking and overpriced as well.:rolleyes:

Space Shuttle payload cost are at around $200 per lb according to Wikipedia and a 750ml bottle of wine weights around 3 lbs so at the typical cruise line price of 5X cost the Space Station cruise division wine list would start at about $3000 a bottle but the good new is that a high end wine would only be around $3250 or only 8% more.

Space Shuttle payload cost are at around $200 per lb according to Wikipedia and a 750ml bottle of wine weights around 3 lbs so at the typical cruise line price of 5X cost the Space Station cruise division wine list would start at about $3000 a bottle but the good new is that a high end wine would only be around $3250 or only 8% more.

Way too much time on your hands! :D

Lovely another low posting wonder.....

Hmmmm.......did you ever have just 4 posts? Doesn't make their opinioin any less valuable than yours. I've been on these boards far longer than most, and have very few posts, and have more than a few cruises under my belt. Doesn't make my opinion any more or less valuable than this poster.

JMHO

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

You know, I've always found not washing underwear to be part of a "political agenda". Puuhleeze!! Yes, I do like that fact that I can do laundry, or at least iron something on Princess, and wish RC provided the same thing, but if you can't pack enough underwear for a 7-day cruise, you've got bigger problems to address , like maybe skipping the cruise so you can afford more underwear !!

Buy cheap undies, and then toss them, cheaper than trying to have them cleaned, not so sure I want someone else washing my undies anyway. Sorry you were disappointed. I would not want to do laundry while on vacation, I do enough of that at home.

We've got a land tour before the cruise, making it almost 2 wks to pack for, so I can undrestand the concern, but I've found that somehow there is always a way. HOW I'm going to pack enough clothes for 2 wks in Alaska into luggage that I want to be hauling all over-i don't know! But I'm sure I'll figure it out when the time comes! We just booked & this is my first "conventional" cruise, so I will ask-I'm seeing a lot of concern over prices of wine & drinks, how bad is it really? Please excuse my ignorance & have pity on the dumb newby!

We've got a land tour before the cruise, making it almost 2 wks to pack for, so I can undrestand the concern, but I've found that somehow there is always a way. HOW I'm going to pack enough clothes for 2 wks in Alaska into luggage that I want to be hauling all over-i don't know! But I'm sure I'll figure it out when the time comes! We just booked & this is my first "conventional" cruise, so I will ask-I'm seeing a lot of concern over prices of wine & drinks, how bad is it really? Please excuse my ignorance & have pity on the dumb newby!

RCI does have laundry service....you just have to pay for it and it is not self-service. The option is there if you need it.

You can afford a $2000+/- cruise and buying extra $3 undies and $30 bottles of wine is a problem? I've been on 32 cruises and have yet to need to wash a thing while on vacation. I'd rather spend the time in the pool then babysit a washer/dryer. I use to bring my own bottle until pretty much all lines stopped you from doing that or the corking fee so high it's not worth it price wise so I just get it by glass if I have to have it or do without it. I think I'll go back to the Dining Room Attire chats. They make more sense.

If the laundry & wine issue is important cancel the second cruise now and book on another line. You can save money by taking enough clothes for the entire trip to avoid the laundry. Also, try passing on the wine completely and going cold turkey until you get home.

You complained about this in June.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20112432&postcount=83

So you are still upset about it, 2 months later? :confused:

Is it a full moon out tonight around here? :cool:

Anyone notice on this other post it says they have two future cruises booked and this one he says only one, so which is it?

Wait until late at night when no one is using one of those hot jacuzzi, anyway it look like a giant washing maching and you can do your laundry in it. But it can only do hot wash cycle only. :D

I guess that explains the bikini top I found in the jacuzzi on my last cruise!

I'm always amazed how people are able to cruise (or vacation in general) but don't even own 7 pairs of undies or enough t shirts to cover the week.

Heck, I can even fit 3 weeks worth of clothes in my suitcase!

Also, I haven't spent that much time on the RCCL boards yet, but I'm also amazed at the whine-threads that get started by low-post count posters. As if they can not find these boards to do their research, but when there is something to whine about, they find them.

Anyone notice on this other post it says they have two future cruises booked and this one he says only one, so which is it?

I noticed & questioned it earlier...but I guess the OP was to annoyed with our lack of sympathy to actually respond to any of our questions...:rolleyes:

I agree with those that don't want to do laundry on vacation. Another point, I've read on this and other boards that when the ship has self-service laundry people can get very angry and mean if they think you haven't emptied the washer or dryer fast enough! I read a post on the Carnival board where a passenger put her laundry in the washer, left for a short time and when she returned her laundry was gone! Talk about putting a damper on your trip! I have things I want to do on a ship other than babysitting my laundry! It can wait until I get home!

hey you don´t need to wash your underwear when you did not pack enough.

you can turn the inside to the outside of your boxer shorts

so you can wear them twice :rolleyes:

and if this is not enough you can switch the backside to the frontside

i hope this will help for your next cruise ;)

Archived