Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Hi All,

Due to a last minute flight change I need to book an overnight hotel stay on Feb 16th before our cruise sailing the next day! Having a tough time getting my priceline bids accepted for the Airport, Beach & Downtown neighborhood as it is a busy three day weekend!!!

What are some of the other close areas to the Port I can explore for my overnight Fort Lauderdale stay?

Would appreciate any advise as I need to get this done ASAP. Ideally, would prefer a hotel within $100 range as we just need a place to sleep since we'll be getting there late night!. Airport and cruise terminal transportation would be a bonus but, beggars can necessary be choosers! :(

THANKS in advance!

No other priceline zones are within a good range for taxifare. Check to see if Hampton Inn or LaQuinta in Plantation are in your price range and still provide free shuttles. Some other inexpensive hotels are LaQuinta Hollywood, Rodeway Inn (mixed reviews) FLL, and Sleep Inn Dania.

Thanks guys, still looking at all available options.

How is the La Quinta Inn Northeast? Have never stayed at a La Quinta Inn but, the price seems reasonable but, no airport/cruise port shuttles included so will have to add those expenses in as well!!

Figure $70 plus tip total taxifare for that location for the total of all your rides.

Hi,

We need a hotel to spend a single night prior to cruise on Mar 30. We will be arriving around 5:00PM, but would not mind a beach/downtown type hotel so that we can begin to be "immersed" in beach/resort/vacation mode. Proximity to touristy areas and facilities would not hurt.

It is late in the game and the ones that show availability that are in our possible price range ($300-$350ish) include the following: Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Westin Resort Beach and Spa, and B Ocean.

Any comments on any of these hotels that would make one more attractive than the other? Or should we go for the cheapest one.

Thanks in advance for any perspective here.

ps17

It's a Shula Burger joint, not a Shula's steakhouse. It's right on SE 17th St just west of Bravo and Bimini Boatyard, in a tri-plex with Pei-Wei and Chipotle.

Ohhh....I know where Bravo and Bimini are located:)....is it closer

to Corodova?....I can't think of the directions:eek:...could I walk there

from The Renassiance? I bet they have a good burger for lunch;)

We stayed at the Renassiance last month. The Shula Burger place is less than a two minute walk, but only if you walk slowly!

Hi,

We need a hotel to spend a single night prior to cruise on Mar 30. We will be arriving around 5:00PM, but would not mind a beach/downtown type hotel so that we can begin to be "immersed" in beach/resort/vacation mode. Proximity to touristy areas and facilities would not hurt.

It is late in the game and the ones that show availability that are in our possible price range ($300-$350ish) include the following: Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Westin Resort Beach and Spa, and B Ocean.

Any comments on any of these hotels that would make one more attractive than the other? Or should we go for the cheapest one.

Thanks in advance for any perspective here.

ps17

Westin is the nicest one that is the closest walk to the main beach shopping and dining area.

When I said that it is just west of Bravo I meant it literally...it's in the same parking lot (The Quay).:D

We are currently booked at the Ramada on State Route 84 Marina Mile Blvd but that hotel continues to get poor or terrible reviews on trip advisor. I am trying to decide whether or not to switch hotels. If I switch I will book through Hotwire.

Not sure what to do :rolleyes: :) :confused: I want to try and find a hotel with an airport shuttle but I don't need the cruiseport shuttle because we are meeting up with some friends at their hotel the morning of our cruise

We are staying at Sleep Inn Dania pre cruise.. We will take they shuttle to the hotel. And I will call SAS for shuttle to POM for Sat Morning pick up..My question is what to do about return from POM to FLL airport the flight is not till 5:00.. What could we do for the day? any help???

We are staying at Sleep Inn Dania pre cruise.. We will take they shuttle to the hotel. And I will call SAS for shuttle to POM for Sat Morning pick up..My question is what to do about return from POM to FLL airport the flight is not till 5:00.. What could we do for the day? any help???

Cruiselines have excursions that hold your luggage and drop you off at either airport at the end of the trip.

Rent a car, put luggage in trunk, visit Miami or Fort Lauderdale for the day: Beach, shopping, museums.

We are currently booked at the Ramada on State Route 84 Marina Mile Blvd but that hotel continues to get poor or terrible reviews on trip advisor. I am trying to decide whether or not to switch hotels. If I switch I will book through Hotwire.

Not sure what to do :rolleyes: :) :confused: I want to try and find a hotel with an airport shuttle but I don't need the cruiseport shuttle because we are meeting up with some friends at their hotel the morning of our cruise

I guess you booked the Ramada because of the price. Some people like it. Anything costing less close to the airport or port might be even worse. You can see what you can find on Hotwire or Last Minute Travel.

Hi,

Do you remember a post or sticky for Fort Lauderdale that shows dates when FL had a special event going on?

Do you know if there is a web site that would have that info...dates for parades, boat shows?

Hotel prices are usually higher at these times.

Thanks, Betty

When I said that it is just west of Bravo I meant it literally...it's in the same parking lot (The Quay).:D

Oh wow LOL....I had no idea:D....I will stroll over there and check it

out!:)

Hi, We are staying at the Hilton by the beach on 2/24, after our cruise. We used Hotwire to book it and only knew we were getting a 4 star hotel near the beach. I highly recommend booking a hotel this way. We are paying only $140. Bon voyage!

Hi,

Do you remember a post or sticky for Fort Lauderdale that shows dates when FL had a special event going on?

Do you know if there is a web site that would have that info...dates for parades, boat shows?

Hotel prices are usually higher at these times.

Thanks, Betty

This was shared on a previous post, it may help http://www.sunny.org/events/

We are booked at Sheraton on the Beach in Ft. Laud. Was wondering if there are some nice places to eat within walking distance?

Thanks....Sharon

Bahia Cabana: very casual, average food, nice marina view, live music some evenings, fun and relaxing

3030: upscale, awesome seafood

I haven't tried these: Sea Level, Dos Caminos

These are a little further but easily walkable:

Coconuts: excellent seafood, burgers/sandwiches, salads, resort casual, marina view

Oasis: ocean view (across the street), average food, casual, swing tables

Bubba Gumps: casual, ocean view (across the street), seafood

Question:

We received an email today that our flight time departing FLL has changed from 11:20am to 10:20am. We will be on Oasis and trying to figure out if we can do the 10:20 with our 3 year old. Any thoughts?

Dave

Don't try it!! Oasis is a big ship and it will take time for passengers to depart, even with the early walk off choice.

If the ship's passenger departure is delayed because of immigration, you may miss your plane.

It also may take time to hail a cab; there may be a long line ahead of you-----

Question:

We received an email today that our flight time departing FLL has changed from 11:20am to 10:20am. We will be on Oasis and trying to figure out if we can do the 10:20 with our 3 year old. Any thoughts?

Dave

We had no problem making our 10:45am flight after sailing on the Allure. We had

our bags sent from the ship to the airport, so we didn't have to worry about them. We also did early departure and a taxi was waiting for us when we exited

the terminal. At the airport by 7:45am.