Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Me, my DH and MIL will be coming in late on a Friday night in April for a Saturday sailing of Oasis. We are staying at the Embassy Suites over by the port and plan on taking a taxi to the hotel when we get in.

Our DD and her boyfriend are coming in the following morning to sail with us and I would like to have a car (limo or SUV) service pick them up at the airport and then stop at the hotel to pick us up on the way to the port. Is there a particular car service that you would recommend? Any idea on the rates?

I appreciate any assistance :)

Melissa

I wonder if anyone has this information---We are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale on Celebrity next year and I am already checking on whether there are any hotels where you can leave your car for two weeks after a nights stay and get a shuttle to the port? I would appreciate any help.

I wonder if anyone has this information---We are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale on Celebrity next year and I am already checking on whether there are any hotels where you can leave your car for two weeks after a nights stay and get a shuttle to the port? I would appreciate any help.

Cambria Suites in Dania.

Laquinta near the airport (Hollywood) 26th Street.

Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road (Hollywood).

Try those 3.

Google is your friend and I believe all of them have cruise/sleep/park

packages.

Cambria Suites in Dania.

Laquinta near the airport (Hollywood) 26th Street.

Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road (Hollywood).

Try those 3.

Google is your friend and I believe all of them have cruise/sleep/park

packages.

Both Cambria and Fairfield have the packages.....did some research

after I posted the first time.

Also Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Sleep Inn Dania may offer parking but charge for the shuttle.

Staying at the airport Hilton on Griffin (not our choice but TA did this)

Closest grocery or pharmacy to get wine (box wine is ok for us)?

Cost round trip via taxi back to hotel?

Any help is appreciated. We cannot buy the wine while being shuttled to Miami from Lauderdale (big group close to 300) people.

I have a friend arriving for a cruise in November and it appears she is going to have trouble with shuttles, her international flight is after 8pm and it seems as though none of the shuttles travel after 8. Can you make some suggestions. We are sailing out of Miami so we wanted to a beachfront hotel before and after the cruise. I was looking at Hollywood but well I am struggling now. Any help would greatly be appreciated!:eek:

There will be 4 of us arriving at the Ft. Lauderdale airport, but we are cruising out of Miami. Does anyone have suggestions of a good, affordable and reputable company to get us from point A to point B?

ridesas.com Steve SAS transportation. Great company and one of the best prices around. We have used them for years and highly recommend them.

Edited by booze brothers

Staying at the airport Hilton on Griffin (not our choice but TA did this)

Closest grocery or pharmacy to get wine (box wine is ok for us)?

Cost round trip via taxi back to hotel?

Any help is appreciated. We cannot buy the wine while being shuttled to Miami from Lauderdale (big group close to 300) people.

Kmart on Stirling Rd (Oakwood Plaza) or Winn-Dixie or Big Daddy's Liquor on SR 84. There might be a convenience store west of I95 on Griffin Rd.

I have a friend arriving for a cruise in November and it appears she is going to have trouble with shuttles, her international flight is after 8pm and it seems as though none of the shuttles travel after 8. Can you make some suggestions. We are sailing out of Miami so we wanted to a beachfront hotel before and after the cruise. I was looking at Hollywood but well I am struggling now. Any help would greatly be appreciated!:eek:

I'm not sure of the hours of shuttles, but Larry's Limos and SAS are popular on CC. Are you looking for a Fort Lauderdale beach hotel? If not, this is not the right thread.

I'm also confused; do you need a shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Miami? To a hotel? Back to the airport after a cruise? Most beachfront hotels don't have shuttles from the airport, as far as I know.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Taxis run 24hrs.:)

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Airport prior to our cruise. How far is it to grab a water taxi? Do we need to take a taxi to it? Also any around there within walking distance?

Courtyard is walking distance to Rustic Inn and Islamorada Fish Co and Bass Proshop. There isn't much else around. The closest water taxi stop is a few miles away.

How dressed up do we need to be for lunch. By reading the website it looks way to dressy for a pre cruise lunch.

Hi,:) Seasons is a chain......I actually had lunch there yesterday:D

(I live in up at the top of the state;)).....the food is delicious and

it is casual. I wore capri's and a top. The pictures? Don't worry about

it.

Ft Lauderdale questions

We are staying at the Lago Mar resort pre-cruise.

Where is the good food near there.

Where is the nearest store to pick up some toiletries and soda/water before we sail?

Hoping to get some beach time and maybe take a ride on the water taxi.

I'm assuming we will have to do land taxi to the stores and rest.?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the hours of shuttles, but Larry's Limos and SAS are popular on CC. Are you looking for a Fort Lauderdale beach hotel? If not, this is not the right thread.

We are desperate for the shuttle service. SAS said they are making changes and won't be able to pick up for late arrivals. I really didn't want an airport hotel but that may be our only option