G'day and probably goodbye.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:47 AM.
1,896 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by GUT2407
I'm thinking of training My little Max to pick things up for me so he qualifies as a service dog and can come with me.
Yeh, yeh what ever, I was gonna go down that path on my next manipulative foray, but hey its a great idea hey. (Service Snauzer) We love snauzers, our first choice is Mastiffs, then Poodles , then those snauzer thingys.
Me thinks your problem might be Sir or Miss Snauzer-hund might get more popular than you.

Anyways I have a few shots left in the armoury, I think ill keep ma powder dry for the moment.

So back to the problem of accessible cabins midship, hey, tell us about that, high-light the problem dude, cause theres more to follow after you, ya know, ya gotta help them, hey.

So in a nutshell, anyone else with the same or similar problem, ***, do we just say, oh well, Gut went by the by, you do the same.

Nay buddy you have a duty of care TO MAKE RIGHT WHAT IS WRONG, FOR THOSE FOLLOWING BEHIND YOU.

Opps Caps Lock sorry.

So you take stock, you heal a little bit, you freakin know there are others who care about you, and you reakise that there are others behind you, supporting willing and able to support and care, able to learn from your experience, able to advise, able to take freakin strength from your struggle.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE, the journey has not ended DUDE.

Pssst from the freakin HEART, as big as yours.
1,896 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by CruiseCriticAUeditor
I am VERY sad to hear this. You will be missed, not least because you answer so many questions for me!

GUT, please email me your postal address. I would like to send you a gift as thanks for your 22,000+ contributions and your assistance to so many of our readers. You've helped keep the AU/NZ board alive and active
That's awesome Louise, so when you hear about the problem, you can go into bat via C/C cheers Mate.
A gift, that's great, heres a gift, question the cruise-lines about the accessible problem, bring it up in confo,
I come from a land down under
22,110 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by madfisher
just look for us on Maybelle
I'm almost certain I've seen that name on my lake.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Coffs Harbour North Coast NSW Australia
1,860 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
No! I've just read this post! This forum will NOT be the same without your daily banter along with great humour & fantastic advice!
I wish you & your dear wife all the very best for the future but do hope that you get to a stage soon where you can join in with us all on here once more!

Gae from Coffs Harbour

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PREVIOUS CRUISES:
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2010 & Apr 2016
Voyager of the Seas - Nov 2012 B2B
Rhapsody of the Seas - Mar 2013 & Oct 2014
Radiance of the Seas - Oct 2013 & Oct 2014
P&O Pacific Pearl - Apr 2014 & Dec 2015 & July 2016
QM2 - Mar 2015 - 7 nights Darwin to Brisbane
Explorer OTS - November 2015 - 3-night sampler
TO COME:
Carnival Spirit - October 2016 - 6-night Melbourne Cup
QM2 - Feb 2017 - 5 nights Tasmania
Celebrity Solstice - October 2017 - 2-nights only
Norwegian Jewel - November 2017 - 5 nights Tasmania
RCI Oasis - March 2018 - 5 nights Tasmania AGAIN 😂
Port Macquarie, Australia
644 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I know just how you feel "GUT" am just going through health issues with my husband and not sure when or if we will be able to cruise again. As many have commented above, your humour will be missed. Mrs "GUT" may be relieved as she may no longer have a target on her back! I know it is hard to keep opening up this site but you still have heaps of knowledge to share. God bless and stay positive.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Canberra New Zealand 1970s
P&O Himalaya Melbourne Cup 1990s
Grand Princess Mediterranean/Greek Islands 2006
Dawn Princess Cherry Blossom 2009
MSC Poesia Transatlantic 2010
Sea Princess South Pacific 2012
Sea Princess New Zealand 2012
Diamond Princess Circ Australia 2014
Sunshine Coast Queensland
322 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
I've been away for a while and just read your post GUT, sorry to hear your struggling. All the best to you and your family and I hope in the not too distant future you will come back and report things are improving.

Cheers😀
Sydney, Australia
4,498 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Just catching up so late to the party on this one - sorry to hear your news Mr Gut. Here's hoping for a recovery that lets you get back to cruising
I've enjoyed reading your posts and passion for cruising
Your news reminded me of my biggest fear that health issues interfere with our passion for cruising just when we plan on indulging in it more and more
It's not something we can control so it's a reminder to seize the moment and enjoy cruising while you can
Anyway - don't go - no need to leave CC - but I can understand that visiting the forums might make you sad that you aren't able to cruise
Glad you've got the pup to keep you company - nothing like a canine companion to put things in perspective - we have two so we're doubly blessed
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You can contact me: bodogbodog @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

04/14/2017 Crystal Symphony - Tokyo to San Diego - 17 days
12/21/2016 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 15 days
01/24/2016 Crystal Serenity - San Francisco to Sydney - 22 days

11/13/2014 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Sydney - 11 days
10/28/2014 Crystal Symphony - San Diego to Auckland - 15 days
02/16/2014 Crystal Symphony - Sydney to Bali - 12 days
01/05/2013 Crystal Symphony - Melbourne to Hobart - 6 days