G'day and probably goodbye.

He's adorable!

That settles it. He must be trained as a service dog, and you must get well enough to cruise again. Then we can all get together on a short cruise so we can meet Max in person (and you, of course). :D

Not only is Max cute, as everyone keeps pointing out, but so darn smart.

Mrs Gut and I have been involved with dogs pretty much all our lives, she bought her first pedigree dog (a Collie) out of dance winnings when she was about 9, my first dog (Border Collie) came home the week I came home from hospital, I bought her our first Dally for our second anniversary (34 years ago). We gave also had Dobermans and our last dog was our first small dog (a Chinese Crested).

We were involved in breeding and showing Dalmatians and judging and stewarding dog shows for years not sure I could count how many we've had over the years.

We both agree Max has been the easiest Pup to train we have ever had.

He is our first Mini Schnauzer, I doubt he'll be our last.

With Gut's permission of course! I know to only verbally admire another person's dog, unless I have received permission to offer the back of my hand for the dog to sniff.

I wouldn't dare say no, Maxy loves hugs, the one thing he likes more is scratches under the chin. He loves those more than anything.

He's adorable!

That settles it. He must be trained as a service dog, and you must get well enough to cruise again. Then we can all get together on a short cruise so we can meet Max in person (and you, of course). :D

hey any things possible never know , would be awesome as if that happened

It would be great, but I doubt I'd take Maxy anyway, no matter what he was trained to do.

I don't really think a ship is the place for most dogs.

I agree.

When we were held hostage on a ferry in port in Greece for 24 hours, waiting for calm sees, a dog walker came past us with a big dog which did a huge poo in the foyer of the ferry.

I agree.

When we were held hostage on a ferry in port in Greece for 24 hours, waiting for calm sees, a dog walker came past us with a big dog which did a huge poo in the foyer of the ferry.

It's more the dog that I have concerns for.

And in the case of Max, his absolute fascination with birds in general and Seagulls in particular I'd be worried he'd jump overboard chasing one.

Oh GUT sorry to read about your health. You always said that you may have a return of the back condition and it looks like it has happened sooner rather than later. I've been overseas (land based to Japan) so haven't checked in here for a couple of weeks and so missed the discussion.

Hope things do improve or at least settle to something stable and liveable with. Don't give up on the cruising yet...have met lots of people in wheelchairs, scooters etc over the years. And besides what would we do here without your informative posts.

Speaking of which, son and his friend are visiting Port Arthur on Carnival Legend in November and I wanted to check that they will tender right at the site so that they don't need to do a shore ex to get there.

And Maxie is adorable - such a little cutie.

Take care and all the best. JJ

Oh GUT sorry to read about your health. You always said that you may have a return of the back condition and it looks like it has happened sooner rather than later. I've been overseas (land based to Japan) so haven't checked in here for a couple of weeks and so missed the discussion.

Hope things do improve or at least settle to something stable and liveable with. Don't give up on the cruising yet...have met lots of people in wheelchairs, scooters etc over the years. And besides what would we do here without your informative posts.

Speaking of which, son and his friend are visiting Port Arthur on Carnival Legend in November and I wanted to check that they will tender right at the site so that they don't need to do a shore ex to get there.

And Maxie is adorable - such a little cutie.

Take care and all the best. JJ

Never done it with Carnival, but imagine it will be the same as Princess and Cunard.

Anchor in the Port and tender right into the historic site, right where the boardwalk cafe used to be before that low life burnt it down during the massacre, entry to the site included.

There will be options for guided tours and the ferry out to the isle of the Dead and/or Point Puer.

Personally I think the main site can be done fine by yourself but aisle of the Dead and Point Puer are worth doing.

It's more the dog that I have concerns for.

And in the case of Max, his absolute fascination with birds in general and Seagulls in particular I'd be worried he'd jump overboard chasing one.

He would be a sea dog before you knew it.:eek:

That is understandable.:D

But then people say he will look like me.

With his (eventual) salt and pepper coat and beard matching mine.

But then next they say he's cute.

Mmmmmmm what's that say about me:D