Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Just WOW. I tell you my DH typically only eats one meal a day and you tell me I don't know what I am talking about? He's in amazing health too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In all fairness, a lot of people can look healthy but their medical labs can tell a different story.

Eating less than 2000 calories and exercising so rigorously cannot be maintained.

So something is not adding up right using simple common sense from a 3rd person perspective. No offense. Not trying to team up on you, but things just don't make sense. IDK your DH and this is not meant to be an insult

Where is the like button?

You should read the posts too. I never said anything about what I eat or number of meals. All I said was that my DH is able to eat one meal a day and also run 6 miles and work out after someone posted that was not possible and you agree with someone who calls my husband and I (the two of us) stupid or height of stupidity.

In all fairness, a lot of people can look healthy but their medical labs can tell a different story.

Eating less than 2000 calories and exercising so rigorously cannot be maintained.

So something is not adding up right using simple common sense from a 3rd person perspective. No offense. Not trying to team up on you, but things just don't make sense. IDK your DH and this is not meant to be an insult

Agree that people can look healthy who are not healthy.

And this thread was about the included burgers. He would eat those while cruising (he just doesn't eat lunch at home), but we won't ever pay additional for a burger on a cruise ship. We don't cruise for the food, which is much better at home.

Edited by Jade13

PLEASE, let's keep this thread focused on the extra charges at the Mast Grill or the thread could get yanked or closed and we don't want that to happen.

Hijacking of threads is not permitted. For those who don't like a post, or if it is insulting, you can notify the moderators if you are upset and they will remove rude posts, but please refrain from posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread, or unfortunately, it will go up in smoke and end up in the Cruise Critic

Graveyard. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't you just move on if you don't like the thread. Many of us feel this thread is important. This thread is one way for cruisers to stay informed, learn about changes, and as you can tell many of us do not like this new change. Hopefully Celebrity will see this and understand we do not approve of this change.

I agree, i asked Celebrity a direct question a few days ago on this thread and was surprised when their official representative confirmed on this thread they were in deed NOT selling Kobe Beef, but A Kobe style Beef mixed with other non Kobe Beef products.

With this admission by their official spokesperson on this thread I think it makes it very difficult for them to continue to advertise their product as Kobe Beef

Edited by DYKWIA

I agree, i asked Celebrity a direct question a few days ago on this thread and was surprised when their official representative confirmed on this thread they were in deed NOT selling Kobe Beef, but A Kobe style Beef mixed with other non Kobe Beef products.

With this admission by their official spokesperson on this thread I think it makes it very difficult for them to continue to advertise their product as Kobe Beef

They should advertise it as one of the few opportunities to get fresh angus dry aged beef burgers anywhere at sea. The burger is very good and should stand on its own without the claims of Kobe.

I don't understand the fuss. It is only ten dollars. Celebrity are the greatest cruise line and we should trust them with our holidays.

Are you having us on ;) ? I could have sworn you were highly critical of Celebrity last year

I don't understand the fuss. It is only ten dollars. Celebrity are the greatest cruise line and we should trust them with our holidays.

I think you will find a majority of people in principle don't have an issue with the $10. if there's value, people will vote with their wallets. Whats upsetting to a lot of folks, and I can see their point, is the loss of a choice. A choice to have a casual lunch, outside by the pool, without having to worry about getting dressed etc.

There's been a number of posts that also say its just a few steps, or 5 min to the OV . Issue is this: whether 5 steps or 500, you now have no choice but to consciously go somewhere else to find food that was there a short time ago. Many of us have said, this could have been a much better experience IF Celebrity had augmented the current offerings, instead of eliminating them from the traditional venue. This thread, and many like it are really the voice of the customer. I wish in my business we had access to this type of real time intel. I'd be gathering this up, dissecting/analyzing it, and hopefully making a prudent business decision, one that supports my bottom line growth and more importantly, listens to the voice of the customer.

Are you having us on ;) ? I could have sworn you were highly critical of Celebrity last year

That's Fake News. Celebrity are the greatest.

My criticism last year was spot on. Pity as so much potential with beautiful ships.

They should advertise it as one of the few opportunities to get fresh angus dry aged beef burgers anywhere at sea. The burger is very good and should stand on its own without the claims of Kobe.

I'm curious why you believe they use Angus dry aged beef. If they're willing to lie about it being Kobe Beef, then why wouldn't they lie about it being dry aged if it's wet aged?

I'm not talking about the taste of the burger since people who enjoy it, are rightly so, entitled to their opinion. I'm strictly referring to Celebrity's falsely marketing the burger to justify the price.

I think you will find a majority of people in principle don't have an issue with the $10. if there's value, people will vote with their wallets. Whats upsetting to a lot of folks, and I can see their point, is the loss of a choice. A choice to have a casual lunch, outside by the pool, without having to worry about getting dressed etc.

There's been a number of posts that also say its just a few steps, or 5 min to the OV . Issue is this: whether 5 steps or 500, you now have no choice but to consciously go somewhere else to find food that was there a short time ago. Many of us have said, this could have been a much better experience IF Celebrity had augmented the current offerings, instead of eliminating them from the traditional venue. This thread, and many like it are really the voice of the customer. I wish in my business we had access to this type of real time intel. I'd be gathering this up, dissecting/analyzing it, and hopefully making a prudent business decision, one that supports my bottom line growth and more importantly, listens to the voice of the customer.

Agree with your comments but the $10 for me is a ridiculous amount of money to charge particularly for a hot dog. We spend a lot of time around the pool and it would not be unusual to grab a couple hot dogs and a beer (or two) at the Mast for lunch. So this pattern (2 hot dogs and a burger for my wife) is now a 30 buck splurge? While the quality may be better (if I was seeking high quality food I would not be eating at the Mast) as far as I can see the venue has not been improved with better seating or amenities (not that this would even justify the price). So on our upcoming Equinox cruise,

if this money grabbing policy is not changed, we will make other arrangements to eat by the pool and be continually reminded of X's passenger non-friendly approach every time we pass the Mast.

HAL's Dive In remains a gold standard for us where you can get individually prepared hot dogs and burgers at no charge.JMHO

Totally agree. That's why I've said right from the beginning, this should have been an augment not a takeaway. You should be able to get a "normal" hot dog, fries , burger etc at this venue without additional charge. You should also be able to splurge $10 bucks on a hot dog if you so choose. You've lost that right to choose, and that's where I feel Celebrity has made their biggest blunder. I see no reason why, from a logistical point of view, they could not have made this a dual purpose venue . Again, so much valuable customer feedback here....

I agree with Grimace9520 about the reaction here. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter to X if they don't read the site. If they are reading and don't change, it's hooray for us and the hell with what our passengers think.

Hopefully some of the 'outrage' expressed here will filter to the suits at X . Still I would think common sense (supported for the most part in this post) would be enough to tip decision makers that a 10 dollar hot dog at a pool bar will not be a monumental success.

I really have hopes that this misguided direction will be gone by the time we sail in October.

Hope all family cruisers let their kids know that Mast Grill on these two ships (so far!) incurs an added expense....if they were used to grabbing hamburgers themselves while hanging out at the pool. I have heard horror stories of parents who didn't know about kids running up tabs at video game machines until the final day....

Agree with your comments but the $10 for me is a ridiculous amount of money to charge particularly for a hot dog. We spend a lot of time around the pool and it would not be unusual to grab a couple hot dogs and a beer (or two) at the Mast for lunch. So this pattern (2 hot dogs and a burger for my wife) is now a 30 buck splurge? While the quality may be better (if I was seeking high quality food I would not be eating at the Mast) as far as I can see the venue has not been improved with better seating or amenities (not that this would even justify the price). So on our upcoming Equinox cruise,

if this money grabbing policy is not changed, we will make other arrangements to eat by the pool and be continually reminded of X's passenger non-friendly approach every time we pass the Mast.

HAL's Dive In remains a gold standard for us where you can get individually prepared hot dogs and burgers at no charge.JMHO

Yes. It's not the $10. I'm losing a venue, the vacation experience of grabbing casual pool food in a swimsuit. Adding choice is great, but don't take away from the vacation experience many of us enjoy to add it. The pastries at Al Bacio would not be the same if moved to the buffet.

Edited by missthesea

Will be boarding Equinox in 5 weeks. I'm okay so long as they keep the soft serve at the Mast Grill free.

From the posted menu, it doesn't look like anything at Mast Grill is without added charge.

Someone (Majkman) just posted a new thread saying that Celebrity has ditched the pay for burgers by the pool.

They haven't yet answered where they got the information but it sounds like they are on Equinox.