Anthem of the Seas - last minute booking idea

I am considering a last minute booking on the Anthem out of Bayonne for my 10 year old and I, though Norwegian Breakaway is offering a similar price range but with 2 extra sail days. My main concern is entertainment for my daughter since it is just the two of us, which would be more impressive for a kid? Pools, food and arcade/amusement fun is really all she cares about. I have heard that Anthem is hard to reserve things at the last minute, is this true?

Depends on your definition of last minute and it also depends on time of the year. There's bound to be few cabins left inside of 30 days and pricing may be high. Now and during the holidays it will be even more difficult as peak periods mean fewer choices and higher prices.

A 10 year old will love the Seaplex and everything Anthem as to offer.

I am considering a last minute booking on the Anthem out of Bayonne for my 10 year old and I, though Norwegian Breakaway is offering a similar price range but with 2 extra sail days. My main concern is entertainment for my daughter since it is just the two of us, which would be more impressive for a kid? Pools, food and arcade/amusement fun is really all she cares about. I have heard that Anthem is hard to reserve things at the last minute, is this true?

I would think 2 extra days would be more impressive for a kid (or anyone). I'd would choose Norwegian Breakaway for the same price.

We booked Anthem after final payment and did not have any issues getting reservations for shows. Early MTD reservation were not available, but we were able to go without reservation and were seated immediately. We were not able to get reservations for Northstar or the Escape Room prior to boarding but booked them immediately upon boarding using the Royal IQ app.

Anthem is a great ship for kids and adults.

We booked Anthem after final payment and did not have any issues getting reservations for shows. Early MTD reservation were not available, but we were able to go without reservation and were seated immediately. We were not able to get reservations for Northstar or the Escape Room prior to boarding but booked them immediately upon boarding using the Royal IQ app.

Anthem is a great ship for kids and adults.

What is the Escape room?

Jimbo:)

Different kids, different tolerances for being away with Mom in a small room.

Does a longer cruise appeal to YOU, or to her, too?

Something to consider. ;)

Different kids, different tolerances for being away with Mom in a small room.

Does a longer cruise appeal to YOU, or to her, too?

Something to consider. ;)

I would be lying if I said the thought of two extra days didn't worry me for that reason alone. I feel like the responsible thing is to get the most bang for my buck and go with Breakaway, but I also recall my last 8 day cruise and muttering a few times how it really didn't need to be quite so long.

As my wife and I were exploring Anthem, this weekend, we discovered an area toward the front of the ship - I think it was called Sea Adventures or something - just beyond the statrooms deck 10, 11, and 12. It looked like it was a daycare of sorts for children 11 and under. Like a classroom or daycare type thing toys, books, supervised reading and lessons about sea ecology and the ocean.

I had not seen any documentation about this anywhere, but we stumbled on it by examining the deck plan at the elevator and saw and area blocked out for serveral decks for Sea Adventures or such.

As my wife and I were exploring Anthem, this weekend, we discovered an area toward the front of the ship - I think it was called Sea Adventures or something - just beyond the statrooms deck 10, 11, and 12. It looked like it was a daycare of sorts for children 11 and under. Like a classroom or daycare type thing toys, books, supervised reading and lessons about sea ecology and the ocean.

I had not seen any documentation about this anywhere, but we stumbled on it by examining the deck plan at the elevator and saw and area blocked out for serveral decks for Sea Adventures or such.

All mass market cruise lines have kids clubs for those 2/3 - 17.

Booked the 5 day leaving out of Bayonne July 29th today last minute. 5 days to go to just Bermuda and back sounds like plenty of time to me! Plus that cheaper price only lasts until tonight and it will be significantly more expensive than the Breakaway. We looked at both as well and felt we got more bang for the buck booking with RCCL! I have been on the NCL Getaway which is similiar to the Breakaway I would imagine, and still prefer RC. I was able to reserve all show times I wanted and put in our my time dining dinner reservations today! Just my 2 cents! Happy choosing!

I did it for July 29th just now, though it ended up being a bit more than it was pricing a few days ago. My agent had trouble even getting the same cabins today as she was trying for yesterday. Now I am just waiting for payment to go through so I can start reserving, fingers crossed I can still get some shows.

I did it for July 29th just now, though it ended up being a bit more than it was pricing a few days ago. My agent had trouble even getting the same cabins today as she was trying for yesterday. Now I am just waiting for payment to go through so I can start reserving, fingers crossed I can still get some shows.

congrats! I have a my cruises account online so I usually don't go through a travel agent...very easy to book shows and dinner reservations online! I've also found that on RC if you show up in the no reservation line for dinner on the earlier side like 5-515 there usually isn't a wait to be seated in case you can't get the time you want! the Sea Plex seems like it would be awesome for kids (and kids at heart like my husband haha), they have bumper cars, a circus school (if shes adventurous and wants to fly on a trapeez:o), and roller skating. there's also the surf simulator and the iFly which is like sky diving in a tube...so many things that I'm sure would impress a 10 year old! It should be a fun trip and we had no problems picking the show times we were looking for yesterday so I'm hoping you'll have luck as well!

Correction.

I just found a compass. The weight restriction for I Fly is maximum weight, not minimum.

And minimum age is 3. Surprising to me because it seems like it would be difficult for a little one. Certainly was difficult for me on the other end of the age spectrum!

Sorry about that.