Ya'll Are Going to Think I Am a Bit Nuts.......Just booked Muse!

Lois R

Hi Missy, thanks so much. I am on a much different itinerary........Juneau, Wrangell, Icey Straight Point, Sitka and 4 sea days.

Looking forward to it so very much😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Missy, thanks so much. I am on a much different itinerary........Juneau, Wrangell, Icey Straight Point, Sitka and 4 sea days.

Looking forward to it so very much😃

If you like fabric, there was a tiny fabric store in Sitka near the church.  I bought enough Alaska fabric to make a jacket and then bought reindeer horn buttons at Skagway. Only place in the world that that particular fabric is sold.  Enjoy your trip!

M

• Like 1

Good morning, Missy, I am not really into fabrics but thanks for the suggestion.🙂

Well, I have a dentist appt today and then need to run a couple of errands. All packed and ready to go.

I don't know that I will be doing the same type of live posting that I did when I was on The Moon.......

don't want to promise anything and then not keep that promise.......I will post an update here and there........but not sure about how detailed it will be......but then again, once you start typing sometimes it flows LOL

My flight leaves here at 8:45 tomorrow morning......here to Denver and then Denver on to Seattle😃

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

My flight leaves here at 8:45 tomorrow morning......here to Denver and then Denver on to Seattle😃

Bon Voyage, Lois.  Reports from the Nieuw Amsterdam's internet access in Alaska has been more on the negative side than positive.  While all would appreciate updates, it's more important that you enjoy your cruise than you dealing with the frustrations of a slow connection speed.  

I am on Muse now heading back to Seattle with two days at sea. Good times had by all. But you are right Lois; you will not be doing much live posting. The internet is awful up here. My phone was able to pick up a signal now and then. But my laptop was out for most of the trip. Just got a strong signal again today as we headed out into the Pacific.

Have a great cruise. Cruise Director Rico is a lot of fun.

34 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

I am on Muse now heading back to Seattle with two days at sea. Good times had by all. But you are right Lois; you will not be doing much live posting. The internet is awful up here. My phone was able to pick up a signal now and then. But my laptop was out for most of the trip. Just got a strong signal again today as we headed out into the Pacific.

Hi CJ, thanks for the heads up and I hope you are having a great cruise too🙂.  I don't bring my lap top.

I won't worry about connections.......connecting to the bartenders will be more like it.😃

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

Agree, Rico is a great CD; lots of talent and great conversation.  We've been lucky to been on two voyages with him; one of the Spirit in 2018 and then Alaska on the Muse in 2019.  I'm glad to read he's back on the Muse.

Edited by Fortunate2

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Well, we will take what we can get.  🙂    I'm thinking you will have a great time!  Best wishes

Thank you so much🙂

• Like 1

Hi😀In Seattle sitting at the lovely bar in The Fairmont. Met some  nice folks on my sailing too. And tomorrow SS is taking us out to lunch and then on to the ship around 3. I heard this sailing will have less than 200 guests! We shall see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

And tomorrow SS is taking us out to lunch and then on to the ship around 3. 

That's a rather unusual event, I think.  Try to remember to let us know where that luncheon site might be.  Another BON VOYAGE Lois!  

Our cruise is over and we are spending a couple of days exploring Seattle. Drove by the Muse this afternoon and wished we were getting on board again. We had a great time. The small guest count is a rare experience with super attention from the crew (not that they aren't wonderful even on a full ship).

Wishing all you who are following us on Muse a super and safe cruise. 

Over and out until our next cruise on Spirit for Christmas and new year (fingers crossed!!)

Sunset.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks.,just a,quick note as the net is spotty. Only 175 on board. Having a good time😀

We are at sea today and tomorrow.

One of the great advantages of being brave and cruising so soon is the approx half full ships and the additional luxury and advantages that brings.Enjoy to the full and thanks for keeping us informed with your much appreciated observations.Enjoy!!

Hi friends😀

The lunch was at a place called Salty's and it was a buffet that they served us. Salmon and chicken with fresh asparagus, ceasar salad and potatoes with desserts too. Small ones , tarts and stuff.

It was good and the place is right on the water.

Anyway, today is another sea day😀 tomorrow we are In Wrangell.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks., just a, quick note as the net is spotty. Only 175 on board. Having a good time.  We are at sea today and tomorrow.

Super great news for Lois in having only 175 on board of the Silver Muse.  It's like being on your own "personal yacht"!!  Right?

But for the bigger, more long-term view of Silversea and Royal Caribbean and their future/survival, that is less than one-third capacity.  How can the cruise lines surviving financially with that kind of passenger load?

Be interested if Lois can gain any feed-back as to that low passenger capacity being most because of lower demand . . . and/or . . . Silversea limiting the numbers for better social distancing?  Or, challenges in getting a larger-sized crew recruited and trained?  Other factors?  Do your skilled asking around and loved to hear and find out what you are learning.  Inquiring minds desire more information and background.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 242,393 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1