drink pkg

george35

We given a CLASSIC DRINK PKG. as a perk my question is what is the price limit we are allowed & if we order a drink which is more then our PKG. do we pay the difference or the whole price?? We will be on the Equinox?? Also once on board can we up-grade to the preminum pkg & what will be the cost??

george35

Last I saw, limit was $9.00 and now you can pay the difference. The upgrade cost was $11.80 (including gratuity)/day and you can buy it at any bar or restaurant.

With the Classic, if you order a $11 drink, then you will pay the extra (11-9)*1.18 = $2.36 which includes the associated 18% gratuity.

If you plan on drinking frozen drinks or martinis, I HIGHLY recommend upgrading. We always do and find that it's well worth the $86 pp (for a 7 night cruise) knowing that pretty much any drink other than their daily "special" drinks with the fancy cups are included.

You won't be able to do it online though. You can either call them and they can do it on the phone, or they are of course always happy to take more money from you once you're onboard! ;)

We'll be on the Equinox at the end of this month. We sailed Reflection last November and are looking forward to checking out the sister ship.

What others have mentioned, you are now able to simply pay the difference + 18% for a drink that is over $9 with the classic package. We just encountered this on the Solstice as recently as two weeks ago, so the info is current. Wines that we liked that used to be $10 per glass now cost us $1.18 instead of purchasing the entire drink. However, during our cruise, the drink prices had gone up and so that same wine was now $3.54 per glass but still a savings. You will have to determine if it is worth it for you to upgrade to the premium package or not once you've figured out if you like staying within the $9 limit + the additional charge.

Just of note, on our cruise, and I had actually been made aware of this previously, this doesn't work at all bars on the ship. I am not sure about the martini bar (or the Gastro Pub), but paying only the difference worked at the Passport Bar, the Ensemble Lounge, Cafe Al Bacio and in the MDR ... however, it wasn't available up in at least one of the upstairs bars by the pool. We always liked a wine in Cellar Masters within the limits of the classic package so didn't check but the Equinox doesn't have Cellar Masters anyway so you might check to see if it is allowed in the Gastro Pub.

We were on Eclipse and had classic package . They have changed what's in package. Jack Daniels is no longer on package. They said it was up to$11.00 Jack is $12.00 so they charged​ your account $1.00 extra.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Forums mobile app

The drinks / liquor on board have become ridiculously overpriced. What is and isn't included in the classic package that is $55 a night plus 18% gratuity is just a joke. I guess since they are basically giving it away to the majority of cruisers they had to try and make money some way.

I mean, really, they had to cut out a $2.00 can of soda? How cheap and petty can you be?

It really sours the taste of cruising as when we started cruising drinks were reasonably priced.

We were on Eclipse and had classic package . They have changed what's in package. Jack Daniels is no longer on package. They said it was up to$11.00 Jack is $12.00 so they charged​ your account $1.00 extra.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Forums mobile app

So you're saying on your cruise that drinks up to $11 were covered on the Classic package? That's changed then from the previous $9 limit.

IYou won't be able to do it online though. You can either call them and they can do it on the phone, or they are of course always happy to take more money from you once you're onboard! ;)

I upgraded online using OBC two weeks ago.

With the Classic, if you order a $11 drink, then you will pay the extra (11-9)*1.18 = $2.36 which includes the associated 18% gratuity.

As you show the extra tip is charged on the difference and not the cost of the drink.

In some ports they also add on the tax required by that port. I was charged the 12% while docked in Puerto Rico on the extra cost of a drink that was over the premium limit that a drink in the World Class Bar.

Drink up 🍺🍷🍹🍸

Edited by miched

I upgraded online using OBC two weeks ago.

How did you manage that? When I added the Premium to my cart it would try to charge me full price for a brand new package. What did you have to do to get it to work?

Side note: I'm thrilled that you can book things online using OBC now. I purchased my shore excursions this way last week.

We were not intending to upgrade on our recent 11 night Pacific Coastal cruise, but they offered us 2 for 1 so we did. This was on the Infinity May 17-28.

Just wondering who offered you the 2 for 1?

We upgraded for the extra $11 pp/pd. My husband loves margaritas in the evening and there is no decent tequila avail for the classic. I drink wine mostly, and felt the wine choices were not what I would order, so looking at at least 2 up-charges every day was enough to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Drink Packages

Unlike many other cruise lines, what is nice about Celebrity is that Not all the people in a cabin need to select the same drink package i.e. one person doesn't drink alcohol, or the other person is happy with the classic drink selection and another wants the premium package. They can each have their own drink package. An added plus, if, after you start your cruise, you wish to upgrade from a classic drink to the premium drink package your only are charges will be for the remaining days of your cruise.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering if the 18% gratuity is ADDED to your bill for every drink you purchase or if it's included in the Classic (or premium) drink package?

After reading all the fun frozen drinks are not typically included in the classic package I am considering upgrading with our OBC...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering if the 18% gratuity is ADDED to your bill for every drink you purchase or if it's included in the Classic (or premium) drink package?

After reading all the fun frozen drinks are not typically included in the classic package I am considering upgrading with our OBC...

It's included in your package. You pay nothing unless you want a drink that is over your $package limit.

We have the classic beverage package for our upcoming great barrier reef cruise March 2018

I'm assuming we are allowed drinks up to $9 and it we want a more expensive drink, the difference gets charged to us?

I'm happy with the range of drinks on the classic package - Heineken, Corona and Jim Beam - all 3 I am used to drinking back in NZ and wife likes sparking wine / prosecco and that's available on our cruise, so we're all good :-)