Have you sailed in a connecting cabin on Ruby

SwimCarrie

Hi! I'm just curious to hear what past passengers of Ruby think of the noise level in all the new connecting cabins? Have you sailed in one yet? There are so many now, and I don't see a lot of complains, so that's a good thing!

Thanks!

I did not know that connecting cabins were added, DD is always looking for these for her family. I thought Regal and Royal were the only two Princess ships that had any true connecting cabins.

Emerald has some as well now.

Just did last week. Yes you can hear loud noise through the cabin wall, but I would imagine that's true without the door too. We booked them on purpose and had them open frequently. Bring a doorstop to keep them open. We requested 2 from housekeeping and they gave them to us, but then took them back the next day. We ended up using a pair of my heels or a hanger to wedge under the doors to hold them open. When they are propped open it's difficult but not impossible to use the cabin doors to the hallway.

I stayed in one on the Emerald and could easily hear the conversations of the family in the other room, and it didn't seem they were talking very loud. I had booked the cruise before the Emerald dry dock, so when booked it wasn't a connecting room. I personally would avoid those unless I needed one. I was in an interior, so it might be different in a balcony.

It's really no different than a "connecting" hotel room. If you are trying to hear the other occupants, you will probably be able to. If you are paying them no mind, you'll be fine. At rolled up towel under the connecting door can be a god-send!

Edited by cb at sea

We had our first inside cabin (Plaza deck) last month on the Ruby. There was a family of 4 in the next cabin and we could definitely hear them, loud and clear. It was our 10th Princess cruise and the first time that we have been bothered by the noise level in the next cabin.

Hi! I'm just curious to hear what past passengers of Ruby think of the noise level in all the new connecting cabins? Have you sailed in one yet? There are so many now, and I don't see a lot of complains, so that's a good thing!

Thanks!

It all depends on your neighbors, but yes you do hear more.

• 2 weeks later...

We did not consider a connecting door when we selected out Balcony cabin for next year on the Ruby.

Then the Wife was checking to see how many cabins on our deck had sold and noticed the box to check to ID connecting cabins. She checked the box and found that out selected cabin was a connecting door cabin and had two bunks up in the ceiling.

Not wanting to wait until we were on the ship to find out what the noise level would be, we contacted Princess and had our cabin changed to one without a connecting door.

Now will pay more attention to ship maps in the future.

Bob

We did not consider a connecting door when we selected out Balcony cabin for next year on the Ruby.

Then the Wife was checking to see how many cabins on our deck had sold and noticed the box to check to ID connecting cabins. She checked the box and found that out selected cabin was a connecting door cabin and had two bunks up in the ceiling.

Not wanting to wait until we were on the ship to find out what the noise level would be, we contacted Princess and had our cabin changed to one without a connecting door.

Now will pay more attention to ship maps in the future.

Bob

Wow good move!! I will look for this in the future myself.

Thank you,

Tony

We had our first inside cabin (Plaza deck) last month on the Ruby. There was a family of 4 in the next cabin and we could definitely hear them, loud and clear. It was our 10th Princess cruise and the first time that we have been bothered by the noise level in the next cabin.

That's my worst fear which is why I wouldn't book a cabin with a connecting door unless I knew the people. I also avoid hotel rooms with connecting doors...had a bad experience once and that was enough for me.

It's really no different than a "connecting" hotel room. If you are trying to hear the other occupants, you will probably be able to. If you are paying them no mind, you'll be fine. At rolled up towel under the connecting door can be a god-send!

I agree. Bottom door gaps needs to be blocked.

• 2 weeks later...
Do they list which cabins are connecting cabins? I hope I didn't book one.

No list that I know of but they are marked on the deck plans.

As noted by IECalcruiser;

Edited to add check the box for connecting rooms.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We had an inside connecting room on Plaza deck on the Ruby in December and I noticed that you could hear our neighbours very well and I'm sure they could hear us too. It was the first time that we had a connecting door and I really noticed the noise.

No list that I know of but they are marked on the deck plans.

As noted by IECalcruiser;

Edited to add check the box for connecting rooms.

On the website deck plans you can check the box to show connecting cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I checked. Mine is not a connecting cabin. This is great to know. Thank you!

We had an inside connecting room on Plaza deck on the Ruby in December and I noticed that you could hear our neighbours very well and I'm sure they could hear us too. It was the first time that we had a connecting door and I really noticed the noise.

I just found out that we have a connecting cabin on the Emerald. But dont want to give up our oversized balcony so will have to hope we have quiet neighbours. Going to try the towel under the door trick.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Edited by Eggfrmr

• 2 months later...

We just booked an Emerald deck mini on the Ruby for next year. I am disappointed to learn that they are ALL connecting cabins, you can't get a covered mini that isn't. Now I'm worried about noise. :( We are left hoping for polite neighbors, I guess.

We like the covered balconies because I've had melanoma, so I prefer the shade, and we use our balcony a lot. Why couldn't they have left a few of them non-connected? Or have connecting on one side and not the other? Do they really get used that way so often that they needed to do all of them?