Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I truly hope you were not serious about this. Any leaky or wet bottle especially over the 220 Volt outlet will cause a french fried passenger:rolleyes:

Read other posts by Spif...just a wicked sense of humor eminating from this poster. Often very funny. This was not a serious storage suggestion.

I noticed the post about the folding bifold doors not forming a complete seal... and allowing light. It has been awhile since this was discussed... but the shade is right by the window that opens. I saw a video of the window in operation. Interestingly if you touch the rail while it is in motion it stops. If I heard correctly (the audio was a bit hard to hear)... the shade will only come down when the window is closed. I suspect the real motive for the folding doors (I am guessing here no knowledge) is that by closing the bifold doors when the balcony window is open... the AC in the cabin goes on and when open it goes off.... yeah some leakage but not as much as if they were open. My guess is that there is some sensor that is activated when the doors are closed. So then the purpose may be one of saving energy... and perhaps cut back noise some.... but who doesn't like the sound of the ocean.

Now has anyone studied the photo of the thermostat? What is the movie button for?? I figure the picture of the person with a mop and bucket is to call the room attendant and the "leaves"... some kinda energy conservation button... but what do you think that will actually do?

I was told by a TA on Instagram that none of the suites were open for viewing when X had the tours.

That's what I assumed since there were no pictures at all of the suites or suite areas (we've had a couple of the retreat from other sources). We may have to wait until November to see a finished one (unless they have another tour of the ship in Saint Nazaire when she is complete). Two months to go until I am onboard - it seems like forever right now, but will probably go fast! :D

VT- I like the chairs on the S1 balcony. You will be very comfortable I think.

A sky suite depiction:

enhance

This picture of an actual sky suite balcony (not an aft one) has one of the chairs seen in the IV cabin and I think the one of the left is the Kelly Hoppen rocker that will be in the suite living area so are not be representative of the furniture seen in the depiction. Hoping for a lounger or foot stools. If not, those S1 aft balconies are going to be very empty. ;)

enhance

I noticed the post about the folding bifold doors not forming a complete seal... and allowing light. It has been awhile since this was discussed... but the shade is right by the window that opens. I saw a video of the window in operation. Interestingly if you touch the rail while it is in motion it stops. If I heard correctly (the audio was a bit hard to hear)... the shade will only come down when the window is closed. I suspect the real motive for the folding doors (I am guessing here no knowledge) is that by closing the bifold doors when the balcony window is open... the AC in the cabin goes on and when open it goes off.... yeah some leakage but not as much as if they were open. My guess is that there is some sensor that is activated when the doors are closed. So then the purpose may be one of saving energy... and perhaps cut back noise some.... but who doesn't like the sound of the ocean.

Now has anyone studied the photo of the thermostat? What is the movie button for?? I figure the picture of the person with a mop and bucket is to call the room attendant and the "leaves"... some kinda energy conservation button... but what do you think that will actually do?

Here's my guess: Maybe it is for ambiance lighting. Like the settings some cameras now have.

Someone posted this video on FB... it is a Celebrity production... near the end you can see the shade in operation... Interestingly... no one is standing near it... so perhaps the button by the bed is to operate that? Is shows you close up details on the design.

I do like the idea of an outward focus for the ship. My issue with the Oasis Class for Royal... is that they are so internally oriented that the only way you can enjoy the ocean is with an ocean view cabin. In fact for people a bit uncomfortable cruising... having a fear of water... I suggest a Central Park cabin... you can spend a week not seeing the ocean. But I cruise to see it, and hear it...

For those obsessing with the Edge details consider the following:

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - Theodore Roosevelt

Enjoy your Edge cruise.

'I never get my hopes up, so I never get let down'

Eeyore

;-)

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=hT9DNcC9&id=7C4CFF9BDE65A7E2165B36994CA387FAC011D576&thid=OIP.hT9DNcC9_MaXJqxFd_5ZTQHaFL&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m13nrrgiWr1rogs7xo1_r2_500.jpg&exph=350&expw=500&q=quotes+from+eeyore&simid=608009853793994248&selectedindex=21&ajaxhist=0

Regarding Sky Suite balcony furniture, I still think the renderings may reflect the final product rather than the chairs seen in infinite verandas.

LouTheGlue posted a very helpful link to an old video of an IV mock-up from spring of 2017:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=57102682&postcount=196

Comparing the video to photos we’ve seen from recent onboard tours, the mock-up appears to be surprisingly (to me, anyway) similar to the final product. The same TA posted another tour of a Sky Suite mock-up:

The balcony chairs seen in mock-up reflect the renderings. Beyond that, if you look at the Sky Suite balcony photo which was recently posted, behind the IV chair I see the outline of another seating product wrapped up. The line / angle of the rear leg is more consistent with the renderings of the balcony seating and the mock-up.

Thanks, Pat C! I hope everyone else is as accepting and forgiving as you. :)

We sail on the 20th of January, so will wave as you disembark, while we are standing and staring at her in awe waiting for our turn to embark. I will admit that by that time, I will most likely be a basket case. As I mentioned earlier in a post, we are sailing on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam on the 13th, so we will see Edge from afar then. Returning to Port Everglades on the 20th, Edge will be all I will be able to look at, and by the time we disembark and travel to Terminal 25, I will be SO excited! Out of control comes to mind. :')

I agree about the "piecemeal rollout." It is very annoying, but still we hang on every word and picture while eagerly anticipating the next.

I watch her progress on the Live AIS Ship Tracker on www.shipspotting.com and check it way too many times a day for updates. The photographers who have been posting photos there are very talented, and the tracking information is really interesting, too. I have a little concern yesterday and today that although she is purported to be on her second sea trial, she does not currently show up on the Tracker. I am hoping that she is traveling incognito as opposed to having been absconded with. ;)

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

Update - She is back on the radar, so to speak! And, yes, she is out on open water. Interesting note is that she is being shown as flying her Malta flag, instead of the French one shown in the past. Progress is being made! :)

...and that's why there are no (and will not be any) standard voltage outlets in the bathroom, so folks do not hold your breath on that extra socket there.

Those who are physically and (pardon me for saying that!) psychologically fit to move the bed around the room in the search of an extra outlet behind it - don't do that, because once the stateroom attendant finds your neatly taped (duck-taped) extension cord, it is a fire hazard and it will be treated as such :p;p:loudcry:

M - thank you, i will tty and remember this sage advice...

LOL, you must know me to a great degree...

Bon voyage

A sky suite depiction:

enhance

This picture of an actual sky suite balcony (not an aft one) has one of the chairs seen in the IV cabin and I think the one of the left is the Kelly Hoppen rocker that will be in the suite living area so are not be representative of the furniture seen in the depiction. Hoping for a lounger or foot stools. If not, those S1 aft balconies are going to be very empty. ;)

enhance

Considering the prices of the Sky Suites, I do hope they have at least one lounger and chairs with adjustable backs.

Considering the prices of the Sky Suites, I do hope they have at least one lounger and chairs with adjustable backs.

Confused..do Sky Suites have Verandas with window or outdoor balcs...pics in post 3667 look like 1of each kind???

I could be seeing things, but whatever this item is (circled in yellow), it appears to be on the balcony and not behind the glass. The lines seem similar to what we've seen in the renderings and mockup, but obviously it is impossible to know what that item is with certainty. Thus far, cabin furnishings for infinite verandas have matched the mockup quite closely. If the Sky Suite mockup represents what they decided to use onboard, it does not appear that the balcony chairs have any adjustable recline. We will see!

montage.png

skysuitebalc.png

chair1.png

I could be seeing things, but whatever this item is (circled in yellow), it appears to be on the balcony and not behind the glass. The lines seem similar to what we've seen in the renderings and mockup, but obviously it is impossible to know what that item is with certainty. Thus far, cabin furnishings for infinite verandas have matched the mockup quite closely. If the Sky Suite mockup represents what they decided to use onboard, it does not appear that the balcony chairs have any adjustable recline. We will see!

Sky Suite or Infinite Balcony doesn't matter - the balcony chairs so not appear to be adjustable. I think they are making the space look more like it belongs in the cabin and less like the balcony lounge chairs we are used to.

Wish they were adjustable because I always used them as a great place to almost lie flat and get some rays or catch a nap, especially when foot stools were included.

I just found this video on YouTube that appears to be new. Its titled " Celebrity Edge Construction Update." It has a wonderful over view of some different spaces on the Edge with commentary from LLP and other X execs. I apologize if this has already been posted, but it is too cool not to share.