Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks, Lloyd! The closet looks a little bigger than the video. The drawers in the closet look good-sized and the bedside table has lots of room. The only thing I don't care for is the toilet placement - looks a little claustrophobic. ;)

But overall I think the bathroom looks nice with the marble and colors. :)

Seeing the charging box more, appears that it would be more of a fire hazard. You just know that some passengers will put their charging devices in the box and close the top instead of looping the cord through the slots and keeping the device outside.

So many issues with devices overheating. Are the boxes fireproof? I know the intention is to put the cords through the outside slots but I can see many phones going in the box. I know that many cruises, they remind you to unplug your devices when you leave the room. They will even say that stewards will unplug. Might be a little more difficult with a box.

Thanks, Lloyd!

Interesting that when closed, the french doors have sizable gaps along the edges - you can see it clearly. This makes it not airtight - I thought that was the purpose to have them in the first place? When one sits on the balcony with the glass sash down, the cabin can be insulated from the wind - in case it is cold outside. But this appears to be not the case...

The closet space is nowhere near the M and even the S class. Basically, it is about half of a size that is on S class closet for hanging clothes, and there is almost no space on the bottom, for shoes/shoe boxes.

(Younger clientele wears jeans, sweaters and tees, these don't need hangers? That's the idea? lol)

One night stand - at the french door - is reasonably sized, but the other one is twice less in volume.

Pack light, guys. I am dusting off Levi's Strauss circa 1974.

Love the bathroom. Side table actually looks a bit larger than S class. Closet looks a bit smaller but better organized.....but a problem for shoes (will have to use space under sofa if you have a lot) . I wonder if there will be small shelves on side of closet. I see what looks like those plastic pieces that hold shelves. Still trying to figure out where to put all those Small items I used to put on shelves, but there is a lot more drawer space. Sofa looks a bit low and too deep to be comfortable, hoping pillows will help. Very clean design. A bit cold, but colorful bedding and pillows will take care of that. The two issues for me....really don’t like electrical box... and I wonder if you will get that wind tunnel effect with window open. I am not sure how that could be prevented. Veranda looks bigger for some reason than in other shots. Lloyd, thanks for these.it really helps

Some photos by Noël Ganuchaud

e5c3f3238d5852273f6d825105d9e8b9.jpg7156bfa3319c756cf899d8f25d3a9d1c.jpgc272ba1fd2fd022a7ed6340814e3bb27.jpg3fb3cfaf0c38cadeef1e61d49f42f682.jpge69c912a34dbfd499f38be102852934e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nice pics, can you explain the benefits of the duck tail on the stern? Many new ships have the same feature.

Anthem of the Seas debuted a system using bubbles along the bottom of the ship to help with efficiency, does this vessel share the same tech?

Nice pics, can you explain the benefits of the duck tail on the stern? Many new ships have the same feature.

Anthem of the Seas debuted a system using bubbles along the bottom of the ship to help with efficiency, does this vessel share the same tech?

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/the-effect-of-ducktails-and-interceptors-on-cruise-ships.html

Seeing the charging box more, appears that it would be more of a fire hazard. You just know that some passengers will put their charging devices in the box and close the top instead of looping the cord through the slots and keeping the device outside.

Many passengers won't have a choice as modern trend is to have the plug moulded into the charging device and some are quite large. Some uk plugs with moulded cables may not fit either. However the inclusion of the USB charging should do away with quite a few chargers.

Edited by JBare
typo

We picked up a handy device at ALDI supermarket ..Not too heavy or large. Its an alarm clock, thermometer and has 2 sep charging ports. It can run on batteries but also has a long enough cord we can run through the ugly box so we will have enough ports and plugs. .

.Just concerned if the camera charger will fit in the box?

Everyone wondering about 'plugging in' of camera battery chargers or other such, I would go out on a limb to say that I believe there will be at least one (1) plug for such things available, in an inconspicuous or difficult to reach (for those who have mobility issues, as in bending or stooping down to get to it). One may have to move a table or the sofa out a bit to get to it...

Remember, there will be at least two (2) lamps which require plugs. Just because we have not seen them in the photos sent, so far, does not mean they are not there... I could be incorrect, to be sure, yet I Am sure the first sailors will find out and confirm for us all the status.

Which means, that non-US plugs will possibly need convertors to use the plugs, as well.

bon voyage

I just rechecked my Nikon camera charger and my hearing aid charger. I feel, I can used the two (2) USB outlets in the white box to charge those devices (using my cable cord).

Problem solved.

Thanks Lloyd555, your photos just ease some concern cruise travelers; especially this cruise traveler.

Edited by cruise47

I see a place to hang long clothing on the far right side of the closet, because the lower rod doesn’t extend all the way to the right. And I still wonder what those neatly spaced white objects are in the far right corner of the closet. They look like brackets, so I think it’s possible they’ll add shallow storage there. See post #3545.

Edited by Silkroad
Clarification

Random photos 1 of 3

By Michael Consoli

9f04e457c761b11d32092195a1d15fdd.jpgadef4795afde3d061acf0fc35a083319.jpg067e87e28bedcb92d0679a0c4b703cda.jpgfef6e25886486406a41ce526d5a9fbe3.jpg9d2dc150642c6da8717e75e76ba38e83.jpga1fcad0e789d23499b122dc2ab37933a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for these...

To me it still looks like cheapo motel furniture that won' t last very long..Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I am wrong?

Once I know the color of the bedding and accents they use , I can decide if I need to bring a throw or something to make it feel more homey for our stay.

We spend time in our stateroom so we want it to be less sterile and more comfy feeling.

Thanks you Lloyd555 for the photo of that white box; only time will tell./quote]

Love the white box. Hopefully it will now mean my DW wont unplug my charging phone or shaver for her hairdryer, as she often did with the plug layout on Solstice ships.

Two UK adaptable sockets and a European one means we'll both be very happy.

Well done to the white box designers.

Thanks for these...

To me it still looks like cheapo motel furniture that won' t last very long..Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I am wrong?

Once I know the color of the bedding and accents they use , I can decide if I need to bring a throw or something to make it feel more homey for our stay.

We spend time in our stateroom so we want it to be less sterile and more comfy feeling.

Kelly Hoppen is known for colours I the beige/cream/latte palette

I suspect the lamp will be hard wired into the wall. The sofa seems low... I might bring a set of bed risers to raise it up a couple of inches. My husband has bad knees and standing up can be difficult if the seat is low. I do like the arm chair... that is an alternative. I know that some find many comments negative. Not intended to be... but when you have a spouse with mobility issues... you have to think ahead and find work arounds. While I do think the closet is small for those who like to have several dress options.... one thing that has worked for me... I pack two suit cases with half of your stuff in each... I do this for two reasons.... one -- if one case is lost... we both still have clothes for the trip and two... on longer cruises... I unpack one suit case and any hanging items in the other... and halfway through the trip I switch. I also use garbage bags to collect laundry and pack one case with the dirty laundry when I empty the second case. Anyway... this has worked for me. Ironically I wish I was as organized at home :)

One other note... there was a video posted of a cabin.... I think I saw two hooks on the door and I think I saw two in the shower as well... I recall someone someplace asking about that... Oh love the handheld shower... Again I do love the bathroom.

I suspect the lamp will be hard wired into the wall. The sofa seems low... I might bring a set of bed risers to raise it up a couple of inches. My husband has bad knees and standing up can be difficult if the seat is low. I do like the arm chair... that is an alternative. I know that some find many comments negative. Not intended to be... but when you have a spouse with mobility issues... you have to think ahead and find work arounds. While I do think the closet is small for those who like to have several dress options.... one thing that has worked for me... I pack two suit cases with half of your stuff in each... I do this for two reasons.... one -- if one case is lost... we both still have clothes for the trip and two... on longer cruises... I unpack one suit case and any hanging items in the other... and halfway through the trip I switch. I also use garbage bags to collect laundry and pack one case with the dirty laundry when I empty the second case. Anyway... this has worked for me. Ironically I wish I was as organized at home :)

One other note... there was a video posted of a cabin.... I think I saw two hooks on the door and I think I saw two in the shower as well... I recall someone someplace asking about that... Oh love the handheld shower... Again I do love the bathroom.

Anyone else think the balcony looks smaller? Maybe it's the size of the chairs, which I agree aren't the best for lounging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Anyone else think the balcony looks smaller? Maybe it's the size of the chairs, which I agree aren't the best for lounging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Celebrity purposely didn't want the chairs to be good for lounging. They want you to lounge in places where they can earn some revenue. The balcony isn't the place!

Compared to the Royal Princess class ships, Edge's balcony is much bigger.