Diamond Plus Bonus Gift Preferences

On your profile page you pick your bonus gift preference. My husband and I are each Diamond Plus.Can you each get a bottle of wine or only one per cabin?

You can each get a welcome back beverage of soda or water, but the D+ amenity will be one per cabin for you. (you get another when you hit 340)

You can each get a welcome back beverage of soda or water, but the D+ amenity will be one per cabin for you. (you get another when you hit 340)

Tops out at three with 525. One can dream.

I also think the selection expands as you creep up in points

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I can’t remember what we get vs supposed to get. So two waters and then just one bottle of wine? What if I select beer (and I do)? So we just get that one can of beer for the two of us?

We always seem to have multiple things in the cabin when we arrive so I never seem to remember what it is supposed to be. Maybe that is because we’ve been doing more suites lately.

Tnx for any clarification.

I can’t remember what we get vs supposed to get. So two waters and then just one bottle of wine? What if I select beer (and I do)? So we just get that one can of beer for the two of us?

We always seem to have multiple things in the cabin when we arrive so I never seem to remember what it is supposed to be. Maybe that is because we’ve been doing more suites lately.

Tnx for any clarification.

The confusion lies in the fact that there are two kinds of beverages:

1) Welcome Aboard Beverage. Each guest at Emerald level and above gets this. Up to Diamond, you can choose non-alcoholic beverages. At Diamond Plus, they add beer and wine choices. The wine is a very small bottle.

2) Diamond Plus Amenity. One one gift per linked couple. Full bottles of wine are some of the choices.

To add to the confusion, they have been giving several bottles of water too, on top of the other choices.

1) Welcome Aboard Beverage. Each guest at Emerald level and above gets this. Up to Diamond, you can choose non-alcoholic beverages. At Diamond Plus, they add beer and wine choices. The wine is a very small bottle.

2) Diamond Plus Amenity. One one gift per linked couple. Full bottles of wine are some of the choices.

To add to the confusion, they have been giving several bottles of water too, on top of the other choices.

I don’t pay much attention when were in a suite because we can get any of that anytime we want in the suite lounge. But when we book a regular cabin an extra beer and water is nice to have so thanks for clarifying for me.

I don’t pay much attention when were in a suite because we can get any of that anytime we want in the suite lounge. But when we book a regular cabin an extra beer and water is nice to have so thanks for clarifying for me.

We choose wine for the D+ gift and beer for the Welcome Aboard beverage. We get the beer about 3 out of 4 cruises. .

Very well summarized. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob, do we both get these? I don’t think I have ever filled out my DW’s preferences. How do you know which bottles are full bottles. I can’t see any designation on the web page?

Bob, do we both get these? I don’t think I have ever filled out my DW’s preferences. How do you know which bottles are full bottles. I can’t see any designation on the web page?

You both get the Welcome Aboard beverage, which if you choose wine is a small bottle.

If you have between 175 and 339 points, and you choose wine as your D+ amenity, you get one full size bottle of wine if you are both staying in the same stateroom.

You both get the Welcome Aboard beverage, which if you choose wine is a small bottle.

If you have between 175 and 339 points, and you choose wine as your D+ amenity, you get one full size bottle of wine if you are both staying in the same stateroom.

Was not the small, 187ml, bottle of wine taken off as an Welcome Aboard Beverage for D+ member just over 2 years ago?

See

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284241&highlight=C%26A+gift+preference

Our C&A profile page still no longer show the single serving bottles of wine as an option for our gift preference as D+ members. I recall having to switch over both of us over to one of the barley wine (beer) options

547381381_CAgift.jpg.973ab3c8b91e6e02829b6becba681d86.jpg

Guest maddycat
We choose wine for the D+ gift and beer for the Welcome Aboard beverage. We get the beer about 3 out of 4 cruises. .

If you don't get your welcome aboard beverage go to the loyalty ambassador. They'll have it sent to your cabin.

Was not the small, 187ml, bottle of wine taken off as an Welcome Aboard Beverage for D+ member just over 2 years ago? ...

Sure looks like it's gone, I've never noticed since we don't change that preference. Thanks for the correction.

As a couple, who sometimes cruise alone how do they determine which profile they use to deliver the bottle of wine if you are traveling together?

Also, I don’t believe my husband actually has a profile filled out. I changed my choice of wine and location several months ago but we still had the old choice delivered the last three cruises. I have to go through the hassle of returning and exchanging the bottle. They check my profile and say they can see the new choice???? If that is the case why deliver the old one?

As a couple, who sometimes cruise alone how do they determine which profile they use to deliver the bottle of wine if you are traveling together?

Also, I don’t believe my husband actually has a profile filled out. I changed my choice of wine and location several months ago but we still had the old choice delivered the last three cruises. I have to go through the hassle of returning and exchanging the bottle. They check my profile and say they can see the new choice???? If that is the case why deliver the old one?

I've been told it's the "primary" guest, in other words, the guest who appears first on the booking.

I've been told it's the "primary" guest, in other words, the guest who appears first on the booking.

Yes I can imagine that when we travel together.

BUT since I am the only one with a profile AND I do the bookings it would be nice if they could update the request in 3 months!

I'm probably the only one that is tired of and doesn't care for the chocolate covered strawberries ...that always show up in our cabin every single cruise no matter where we are.

I don’t care for them either. They are either from the Loyalty Ambassador or Hotel Director?

I would rather have a cheese and fruit plate than chocolate covered strawberries.

Even when it's warm. 😱

You have no idea how long that's been there if you are out and about all day.

FWIW, in the DL and CL my experience is the CC strawberries disappear ahead of the cheese.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting discussion. We have always gotten the small bottle of wine, the water, cookies and cheese plate, all delivered to room. This year I changed it to the wine in the dining room. When it didn't appear and after several discussions, first in the mdr (where we were told the cheese had been delivered that day and I asked my dh if he ate during his nap!), it was eventually delivered to our cabin. Took it to mdr. Loyalty ambassador, who didn't seem to knowledgeable, said the problem was that our profiles were linked! He unlinked them. When we discussed this with other staff they seem amazed about what happened. We'll have to see what happens on our next cruise.

• 2 months later...