Yacht Club Dress Code

zjc

Hey

Just wondering if anyone can advise what the dress code is like in the Yacht Club on MSC

Does it follow the suggested dress code of the rest of the ship or does it have a separate dress code?

Also, is the dress code on MSC still 'suggested'

Thanks

Hey

Just wondering if anyone can advise what the dress code is like in the Yacht Club on MSC

Does it follow the suggested dress code of the rest of the ship or does it have a separate dress code?

Thanks

The dress code on all MSC ships is advisory and is published in the daily programme. The dress code is the same throughout the ship.

The YC is not a prison you are allowed to escape and mingle with "steerage". So no worries on the dress code. Do as you want

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Like 1

Hey

Thanks

The dress code follows the rest of the ship, however on Formal Nights the people in YC tend to dress more formally (i.e. tux for men). I felt a bit underdressed the on our first cruise in YC so the next one I took evening wear with me. However this was on European and TA cruises, I suspect that on Divina out of Miami it may be more relaxed. I think evening wear is more of a European thing?? Even so, it's nice to dressed up for these occasions.

See this thread:- http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2430722

:cool:

My experience in the YC on formal nights is somewhat different. We have sailed there three times and I haven't seen much difference in what men wear there compared to the rest of the ship. There were only a couple of tuxes, many suits and ties, some with suits and/sport jackets with open collared shirts and one or two men with jeans.

My experience in the YC on formal nights is somewhat different. We have sailed there three times and I haven't seen much difference in what men wear there compared to the rest of the ship. There were only a couple of tuxes, many suits and ties, some with suits and/sport jackets with open collared shirts and one or two men with jeans.

Yes, as I said, probably a more casual attitude on U.S. based cruises. Maybe the Divina should get it's own forum as it seems to differ from the other MSC ships???????:confused:

Thanks for all your comments it's good to understand. Having sailed with Royal over the last 4 years and not MSC I'm use to the very relaxed dress code on Royal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The dress in the Yacht Club whether on casual or gala evenings is no different from the rest of the ship. Jeans are fine on casual nights and suits or sport jackets the norm for the gala occasions. True formal wear is actually seen less in Yacht Club from what I saw on my two YC cruises.

The dress in the Yacht Club whether on casual or gala evenings is no different from the rest of the ship. Jeans are fine on casual nights and suits or sport jackets the norm for the gala occasions. True formal wear is actually seen less in Yacht Club from what I saw on my two YC cruises.

Just got off the Divina this morning and I would second this post. On our Gala night's, the majority on men were in suits or sports jackets with a couple tux's and a couple of men wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I realize I'm reactivating a year-old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one when much of this concern has been addressed. However, a part that doesn't seem to get much attention: What do women and men who book Yacht Club cabins/suites wear during the day while in the Yacht Club? For men, are dress shorts and golf shirts appropriate? Are dress shorts and t-shirts okay? I've seen a number of photos in which men are wearing slacks and button-down shirts. While I certainly don't want to stand out for under-dressing, I'd hate to make myself conspicuous by over-dressing. Plus, I'll be on vacation, so a break from a daytime suit-and-tie will be great!

Also, our cabin is 15021. How will we get up to The One pool deck? Is there an elevator, or will we be taking stairs from the Yacht Club? Is it okay to pass through the Club wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt on the way to the pool?

• Like 1

Really no different from the rest of the ship. Shorts and T shirts are fine for daytime.

From your cabin to the One Pool Deck is easy peasy, walk down the hall and just outside of the Concierge is the elevator up to One Pool (or down to the Spa). Only goes from Deck 14 to Deck 18 for Yacht Club passengers.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Not a bad idea. I would also like to see the Yacht Club get it's own forum. People's thoughts and reviews of the YC often differ greatly than those of the rest of the ship.

I wholeheartedly agree. Why take up the time of others looking for info. It should be a sub-category.

• 1 year later...

We have a 7-day cruise on the Seaside leaving next Saturday, 13 April 2019, and we're staying in the YC. I really don't want to pack anything formal (sport coats, ties, etc.) Is it really a necessity on a Caribbean cruise?  We can go to specialty restaurants on formal nights without formal attire I assume. The dress code would apply only to main dining rooms whether in YC on main part of ship. Correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

Edited by NextStopNRT

6 minutes ago, NextStopNRT said:

We have a 7-day cruise on the Seaside leaving next Saturday, 13 April 2019, and we're staying in the YC. I really don't want to pack anything formal (sport coats, ties, etc.) Is it really a necessity on a Caribbean cruise?  We can go to specialty restaurants on formal nights without formal attire I assume. The dress code would apply only to main dining rooms whether in YC on main part of ship. Correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

No, you do not need formal clothes in the YC or any place else for that matter. Based on my experience in the YC last December, I did not feel out of place wearing the same type of clothes any of seven nights. I did take a tie just encase we decided to get our picture taken. I wore it the last formal night, at least it did not take much room to pack.

2 minutes ago, sptrout said:

No, you do not need formal clothes in the YC or any place else for that matter. Based on my experience in the YC last December, I did not feel out of place wearing the same type of clothes any of seven nights. I did take a tie just encase we decided to get our picture taken. I wore it the last formal night, at least it did not take much room to pack.

Agree,,,, If you dress smart casual... you will blend right in with the majority of YC diners. On our cruise last year...we saw a man walk in on 2 different nights in shorts!!! So literally no dress code enforcement.

3 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Agree,,,, If you dress smart casual... you will blend right in with the majority of YC diners. On our cruise last year...we saw a man walk in on 2 different nights in shorts!!! So literally no dress code enforcement.

Shorts - really? The audacity of some people. I am truly mortified by the thought of seeing someone in shorts in a dining room.

Depends on the ship, the asst m'D and the itinerary - I've seen men turned away when wearing shorts.  DH was refused entry to TSL last year on Splendida when wearing shorts - it was only shortly after 6pm!

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Depends on the ship, the asst m'D and the itinerary - I've seen men turned away when wearing shorts.  DH was refused entry to TSL last year on Splendida when wearing shorts - it was only shortly after 6pm!

Beam...I'm sure this is more of a European /med cruise which tend to be more formal. Caribbean cruises you can pretty much dictate what you want to wear. . I have found this on all lines I've cruised stateside

20 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

Beam...I'm sure this is more of a European /med cruise which tend to be more formal. Caribbean cruises you can pretty much dictate what you want to wear. . I have found this on all lines I've cruised stateside

Actually, it was a repositioning cruise where temperatures were hotter than average Caribbean ones.

I did advise that it  "depends on itinerary", in fairness, IC.

49 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Actually, it was a repositioning cruise where temperatures were hotter than average Caribbean ones.

I did advise that it  "depends on itinerary", in fairness, IC.

I'm not disagreeing.... Sadly it is under control of the cruiseline..but most dining room staff tend to ignore and not enforce questionable attire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

On our recent Caribbean in Preziosa YC we were very surprised at the formality of dinner dressing on both Elegant nights. Many, probably about 25%, men wore Tuxedos and another 25% were in suits. Most of the remainder, like me, wore long sleeve shirts with dress trousers. The ladies, as ever, at least complemented their partners in level of dressing and often exceeded. Not a single guest in the YC restaurant 'dressed down' on any night....by that I mean the minimum was a collared short sleeve shirt, and chinos or equivalent.

OK, it wasn't 'stateside' as such because the cruise commenced and ended in Barbados and remained in the Caribbean throughout. The mix of passengers was largely European, many British (500 passengers) and a smaller number of Americans.

We were just on and the norm was slacks and shirt for men and dress or slacks for women.  Fancy nights people spruced it up a bit.  Saw one tux and the guy was cranked with pictures of people in shorts at dinner.  Imo shorts not appropriate but I'm not going to get cranked about it.  I was just happy Octomom wasn't on letting her kids run around dining room during dinner.

• Like 1