Indulgence package

IBsaved

It’s a difficult question to answer because every guest has individual needs. Is this your first Azamara cruise? Your first cruise ever? That info might help others inform your choice. Mathematically if all those options are what you want, then yes go for it. We find Azamara an indulgence in itself and don’t need all the extras so we wouldn’t elect to purchase that package. How long is the cruise? Are you travelling before/after so really need the laundry? Are you aware there is a free laundry room on board? IS this a bucket list trip where money is no problem? All those are good to consider. I am sure others will weigh in.

Thanks for your reply. It is our first Azamara cruise but we have cruised at least 15 times. We are doing a land tour in London for 10 nights before the cruise (which is 12 days) so we'll be gone almost 3 weeks. We do like the beverage packages we've had on Celebrity. Again, thanks for bringing up those questions which will help us decide one way or the other.

Thanks for your reply. It is our first Azamara cruise but we have cruised at least 15 times. We are doing a land tour in London for 10 nights before the cruise (which is 12 days) so we'll be gone almost 3 weeks. We do like the beverage packages we've had on Celebrity. Again, thanks for bringing up those questions which will help us decide one way or the other.

It also depends what you really like to drink. Have you looked at the included beverage list. You’ll find it here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

As well as the listed cocktails you can ask for any cocktail that can be made from the included spirits.

If this is your first Azamara Cruise, you may find it helpful to look at the sticky thread above ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do book the package for most cruises over 7 nights as it represents good value for all the extras we would buy anyway. The liquor package is particularly useful and despite the findings of one recent guest, we’ve had no issues with being served really good wines each evening.

I also have a Nespresso addiction so it’s very useful for addressing that (though I do also have the included coffees)

Given you’ve been touring London you will probably find the bag of laundry very helpful and it goes without saying that unlimited WiFi is a godsend not having to worry about logging in and out or connections dropping it just removes the stress

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do book the package for most cruises over 7 nights as it represents good value for all the extras we would buy anyway. The liquor package is particularly useful and despite the findings of one recent guest, we’ve had no issues with being served really good wines each evening.

I also have a Nespresso addiction so it’s very useful for addressing that (though I do also have the included coffees)

Given you’ve been touring London you will probably find the bag of laundry very helpful and it goes without saying that unlimited WiFi is a godsend not having to worry about logging in and out or connections dropping it just removes the stress

Thanks for pointing that out Uktog. I’ve never really looked closely at the packages before, probably because we’re not really interested in upgraded drinks. However you are absolutely right, the packages are very good value. We might now book the Essentials package as we always buy a full WiFi package for one device and, as you say, for cruises over 7-10 days you save money. We wouldn’t look at the other two as we don’t use the spa.

Just had a thought - I think this could be a good tip for Azamara newbies. Would you mind posting about the packages in the sticky thread, then I can add it into the spreadsheet, referencing your post in the thread.

Don’t forget to check your reciprocal loyalty level if you’ve been on a number of Celebrity cruises. You may find you have some WiFi and laundry already included.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

We have Discover Plus status as a result of being Elite Plus on Celebrity. We looked at the packages but we aren’t spa types, the Discover plus discount on Internet is quite good and we only need it for 1 device. So the Enjoyment & Indulgence Packages aren’t for us.

If I understand correctly you cannot upgrade from Premium beverage package in the Essentials package to the Ultimate Beverage package by paying the difference . If that’s correct then the packages aren’t a good value for us.

We are due on our first Azamara cruise in Nov 19 for 17 nights

We looked at the Experience More Indulgence package.

The price quoted is $1399 My question is is this the same regardless of the length of the cruise

The price of the Indulgence package for our 10 night cruise is also $1399.

We normally don’t buy special packages but our next cruise will have a LOT of sea days so we thought we’d treat ourselves with the indulgence package and take advantage of the spa and more WiFi time... in addition to some of our favorite brands of liquor. I wouldn’t bother on a port intensive cruise.

We are due on our first Azamara cruise in Nov 19 for 17 nights

We looked at the Experience More Indulgence package.

The price quoted is $1399 My question is is this the same regardless of the length of the cruise

It is, that is why I said we buy when the cruise is longer than seven nights. For a 17 night cruise it’s a good deal if you use the Internet and like better wines.

Our LCV Internet discounts is why for 7 nights we don’t take it as the Internet and beverage package value is offset by discounts. It’s on the longer cruises the packages work, however be careful if it’s a transoceanic with few stops as you might find the land Discoveries money tricky to use.

Do you keep your LCV benefits as well - if we bought the essentials package would we still get the free WiFi minutes too (so we could both be in WiFi at the same time).

Using the essentials package for our 16 night cruise, the free WiFi would have cost us $320 ( $19.95 a day) so with the $300 shore excursions money, we’d be getting the premium beverage package free (so long as we wanted to do $300 worth of shore excursions).

Bonnie . . . I don't know if this has been asked previously. If you purchase the Experience More Indulgence package which includes two bags of laundry, do you still get the LVC two bags of laundry benefit?

Thanks,

Jerry

Bonnie . . . I don't know if this has been asked previously. If you purchase the Experience More Indulgence package which includes two bags of laundry, do you still get the LVC two bags of laundry benefit?

Thanks,

Jerry

We did

Okay, we need some advice linked to this thread:

In 2020 we're on a 20-something night cruise on Journey.

We'll be Celebrity Elite + by then so we'll hopefully get some perks for that!

Also, we're in in a CO suite so we'll get some perks from that too.

We're not into spas etc. but we do love good wine. As for spirits, we don't mind 'ordinary' brands.

Laundry: we get through lots and lots and lots! A full bag each day! Really!

So, which would be the best deal for us? It's all rather confusing because we're AzNewbies!

I'll post this on the Newbies thread too, Host Grandma!

By the way, we do wish that Celebrity had CC hosts and a Bonnie too!

I guess the only way to assess which is best for you is to add up what you would spend if you bought the elements that you want separately.

The only package that would give you better wines (by the glass only) is the Indulgence Package at $1399 (it gives you the Ultimate drinks package which is the only one that gives you access to better wines).

The Indulgence package also gives you WiFi for 2 devices.

WiFi would be $399 for one device for a 20 day cruise ($19.95 a day), but as Elite +(Discoverer + on Azamara) you would get $130 off that price, so $269 per device (or $538 for 2 devices).

As Discover Plus you get 1 bag of laundry per week - that’s the same as you get in a suite, but they don’t combine them so you’ll get 2 or more bags of laundry altogether (2 if the cruise is 20 days, 3 if it’s 21 days or more).

The Indulgence package would give you another 2 bags so overall 4 or 5 bags. It’s difficult to say what this would save you - on longer voyages Azamara often have an offer of $40 for a bag of laundry, otherwise it’s a per item price.

(Azamara also have a free self-service laundry room).

The Indulgence package also gives you $700 Shore Excursions Credit and Chefs Table for 2 at (I think) $99 a head (Chefs Table is a multi course dinner with paired wines). However if you are on a CO suite you will be invited to the Best of the Best dinner which is similar, but just for the top suite guests

So the value to you could be $700 for excursions plus $538 for WiFi for 2 devices for 20 days - more if the cruise is over 20 days. Then you get the Chefs Table at (about) $198. That adds up to at least $1436 benefit. Don’t forget you’re also getting the Ultimate Beverage package which is worth $21.95 a day each and $250 spa credit.

Whether it’s worth it to you depends on whether you would spend that money anyway - would you take $700 worth of excursions, would you use WiFi on 2 devices, would you buy the Chefs Table, would you buy the Ultimate Drinks package anyway. If the answer is yes to those, then the Indulgence package would be good value for you. If not then you may be better off buying the occasional bottle of wine and laundry separately.

Sorry if I’ve rambled on, I hope this makes sense and is helpful. If it doesn’t make sense please come back to me.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I guess the only way to assess which is best for you is to add up what you would spend if you bought the elements that you want separately.

The only package that would give you better wines (by the glass only) is the Indulgence Package at $1399 (it gives you the Ultimate drinks package which is the only one that gives you access to better wines).

WiFi would be $399 for one device for a 20 day cruise ($19.95 a day), but as Elite +(Discoverer + on Azamara) you would get $130 off that price, so $269 per device (or $538 for 2 devices).

As Discover Plus you get 1 bag of laundry per week - that’s the same as you get in a suite, but they don’t combine them so you’ll get 2 or more bags of laundry altogether (2 if the cruise is 20 days, 3 if it’s 21 days or more).

The Indulgence package would give you another 2 bags so overall 4 or 5 bags. It’s difficult to say what this would save you - on longer voyages Azamara often have an offer of $40 for a bag of laundry, otherwise it’s a per item price.

The Indulgence package also gives you $700 Shore Excursions Credit and Chefs Table for 2 at (I think) $99 a head (Chefs Table is a multi course dinner with paired wines). However if you are on a CO suite you will be invited to the Best of the Best dinner which is similar, but just for the top suite guests

So the value to you could be $700 for excursions plus $538 for WiFi for 2 devices for 20 days - more if the cruise is over 20 days. Then you get the Chefs Table at (about) $198. That adds up to at least $1436 benefit. Don’t forget you’re also getting the Ultimate Beverage package which is worth $21.95 a day each and $250 spa credit.

Whether it’s worth it to you depends on whether you would spend that money anyway - would you take $700 worth of excursions, would you use WiFi on 2 devices, would you buy the Chefs Table, would you buy the Ultimate Drinks package anyway. If the answer is yes to those, then the Indulgence package would be good value for you. If not then you may be better off buying the occasional bottle of wine and laundry separately.

Sorry if I’ve rambled on, I hope this makes sense and is helpful. If it doesn’t make sense please come back to me.

What is the "Best of the Best dinner"? Which cabin categories are invited?

Wow! This is an answer far beyond our dreams! So much information! Amazing! Thank you so much!

Eileen & Stephen

A very comprehensive answer HGC, just a couple of points I would add.

All suites come with 245 minutes of internet per person which can be traded for $150 off of an internet package. However this replaces any LCV internet allowance you may have.

A CO suite also comes with $300 OBC per passenger, what I don’t know, but would also like to know, is if this can be used to purchase a package.

A very comprehensive answer HGC, just a couple of points I would add.

All suites come with 245 minutes of internet per person which can be traded for $150 off of an internet package. However this replaces any LCV internet allowance you may have.

A CO suite also comes with $300 OBC per passenger, what I don’t know, but would also like to know, is if this can be used to purchase a package.

Now that’s an interesting question. I don’t know the answer, but Bonnie may be able to help. I had a look at the terms & conditions for the packages and can see nothing there either way.