Itinerary on the Edge

ranchette

They have only announced Dec. 2018 through March 2019. These Edge itineraries are very similar to those Equinox does out of Miami at the same time -- doesn't seem likely they will continue to overlap like that, but maybe there is enough demand they needed to double up.

They have only announced Dec. 2018 through March 2019. These Edge itineraries are very similar to those Equinox does out of Miami at the same time -- doesn't seem likely they will continue to overlap like that, but maybe there is enough demand they needed to double up.

I'm booked on the April 14, 2019 western caribbean.

Remember that Edge is the first of 4 in the new class. If Celebrity keeps the M-class, they will have 13 ships outside of Galapagos -- that should open up lots of new itinerary opportunities. I suspect they will use the older ships for those: the new ships "sell" themselves, so give the older ships intriguing itineraries to sell their sailings. Thankfully for me, even though Edge appeals I still love the M-class.

Do you know this as fact, or you're just speculating?

It's just speculation.

That said it could make sense. Celebrity will send the ship wherever they thing they'll get the best return. I'm sure there will be a lot of people eager to sail on her in the Med after all. Until other E class ships come online I'd expect Edge to operate in the most popular cruising destinations, the Caribbean and Mediterranean.

As we have cruised a number of times in the Caribbean. If we cruise the Caribbean it is about getting away and enjoying the ship. If we get off the ship it is to just walk around the port or town. I would love the Edge to cruise in the Eastern Med or Asia.

Edited by bigbenboys
more info

Do you know this as fact, or you're just speculating?

I know it as a fact, I'm not speculating and I cannot reveal how I know but it's going to Europe. Whether anyone chooses to believe that is up to them but it is NOT speculation I can promise you.

You are probably right. This is the first time that X has even considered a ship in the Caribbean for the summer, and since they've commited the Equinox, I doubt they'd keep 2 here.

Not exactly Solstice sailed the east west Carriben the summer of 2010. I sailed her three times that summer, May, July and August. :)

BTW it wasn't extremely popular as prices were very low, balcony July 2010 was, I believe $749 per person for the seven night.

I know it as a fact, I'm not speculating and I cannot reveal how I know but it's going to Europe. Whether anyone chooses to believe that is up to them but it is NOT speculation I can promise you.

It makes sense since the Eclipse will be on the west coast (and not it's traditional Europe sailings) in the summer of 2019. This would make Celebrity down one ship in the summer 2019 - so it makes sense that Edge would fill that gap.

• 3 weeks later...

Now this could be because May 2019 hasn't been released yet but......

I noticed that the SUMMIT repo isn't listed. Typically, that would be April 20th - 28th.

Edge itineraries stop with the April 21st-28th Eastern Caribbean.

I'm dreaming ...... but wonder what the Summit will be doing that spring and maybeeeee Edge out of Bayonne to Bermuda?

Just for one season..... Pleeeeeez!!!!! ;)

Maybe an EDGE repo to Bayonne April 28th? :D That would be so :cool:

Hi Debbie, do you work for the cruiseline? Or a Travel Agency? Not being allowed to reveal your source sounds a bit

ominous to me...but that is just me......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...