Sailing Out Of FLL for the first time

mbottoms66

I'll take a stab at answering some possible questions. Princess 'usually' docks at Pier 2. There is a parking garage directly in front. They airport is spitting distance, you can watch the planes land and take off from the ship. There are plenty of hotels on the 17th Street Causeway for pre cruise or post cruise as well a dozens of great restaurants. Ft Lauderdale is famous for its beaches and there are hotels up and down Ocean Ave and A1A. Shopping at Las Olas or up and down Ocean Ave. Lots of night life. It's a vacation destination so keep that in mind. Lots of younger folks at the southern end, most older folds prefer north such as Lauderdale By The Sea. Without specific questions or what you prefer, it's hard to offer tips.

OK, here's a question - we have approximately 9 hours from the time we get off the ship until we have to be at the airport. What to do?

Use EZ Check to get rid of your luggage. Then: Take a Taxi to the beach area. If you are at pier two walk out to SE 17th St via Eisenhower Blvd. Take the Sun Trolley to the beach area or downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Walk over to the dock by the Hilton Marina Hotel and take a water taxi tour. Book a private Everglades tour.

Book a Princess airport transfer tour.

Rent a car. Visit Sawgrass mills mall.

Heading out and would like as much info as I can get.

There are three entrances to the port.

Even posters with tens-of-thousands of posts are confused by this, and continue to deny reality.

If your ship is at berth 2....

which you can verify here:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

...you should try (or direct your driver) to enter from Eisenhower Blvd. This will prevent

needlessly passing through port security.

This will save you time, and (if applicable) money on the taxi meter for waiting time.

I believe you are on the CB end of September. I board this ship on 8/25 (not for the first time) and I also live quite local to FLL. What do you want to know?

Hey Pia.

Has been a long time. When I read you would be on the CB in August hoped we would see you. Guess we won’t this time since we’re getting off on the 25th.

Hope your cruise will be as nice as ours has been.

Hey Pia.

Has been a long time. When I read you would be on the CB in August hoped we would see you. Guess we won’t this time since we’re getting off on the 25th.

Hope your cruise will be as nice as ours has been.

Everybody's getting off on the 25th. I know tons of people on the preceding cruise. Then again, I may know lots of them on my cruise too, albeit a very dead roll call. :(

One of the fun things about sailing from Port Everglades is getting on the web cam while we're talking with our mothers by cell phone. You need to be on the port side of the ship during sailaway to get on camera. (If you're with someone you shouldn't be with, stay on the starboard side.)

One of the fun things about sailing from Port Everglades is getting on the web cam while we're talking with our mothers by cell phone. You need to be on the port side of the ship during sailaway to get on camera. (If you're with someone you shouldn't be with, stay on the starboard side.)

LOL. Too funny. :D