What if Price Drop and Used OBC?

LuCruise

We booked a cruise that came with OBC. Without thinking, we went ahead and booked some items in cruise planner and used our OBC.

We have awhile until our final payment. I'm diligent in checking the price daily to see if the cost has gone down. What happens if there is a price drop where there is no OBC (but overall net price is cheaper)? Would we need to cancel our bookings to return the OBC and then book at the new price? (Didn't think of this beforehand or we would have waited to book the items).

We booked a cruise that came with OBC. Without thinking, we went ahead and booked some items in cruise planner and used our OBC.

We have awhile until our final payment. I'm diligent in checking the price daily to see if the cost has gone down. What happens if there is a price drop where there is no OBC (but overall net price is cheaper)? Would we need to cancel our bookings to return the OBC and then book at the new price? (Didn't think of this beforehand or we would have waited to book the items).

You would be billed for the items you purchased with OBC.

I had this happen a few months ago. Net savings was $75 ($100 off cruise, but $25 less in OBC), and I'd already used the OBC to purchase my soda-n-internet package.

I had a $25 balance due in my Cruise Planner after that, so I just paid the balance then.

They didn't cancel my purchases or anything -- I just had to pay the difference.

I had this happen a few months ago. Net savings was $75 ($100 off cruise, but $25 less in OBC), and I'd already used the OBC to purchase my soda-n-internet package.

I had a $25 balance due in my Cruise Planner after that, so I just paid the balance then.

They didn't cancel my purchases or anything -- I just had to pay the difference.

Thank you for sharing same experience (well, same if we get a price drop without / less OBC...lol). Good to know they don't cancel and make you rebook.

Will definitely be checking Oct 1 sale. Thanks for the heads up!

Did you get notified that you owed back the OBC that you used? We did have a price drop with the new 'sale' so I called in to get our price adjusted. The Royal Rep (who was not the nicest today), said I would get an email of what I owed, but so far nothing has shown up. And with the new website, you don't see balances in the cruise planner.

Did you get notified that you owed back the OBC that you used? We did have a price drop with the new 'sale' so I called in to get our price adjusted. The Royal Rep (who was not the nicest today), said I would get an email of what I owed, but so far nothing has shown up. And with the new website, you don't see balances in the cruise planner.

I got my email about 5 hours after I changed price. The rep told me it could take up to 24 hour for everything to update

Thanks. So far no email. Will wait another day but have a feeling our reservation is messed up. We booked online for one room. Then called in and changed to 2 rooms (with OBC split between them). It was a very long call to get it switched and we don't see both reservations under one email reservation (something with different booking types). So will give it a day but call in tomorrow if no email.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think I just noticed the balance due in the Cruise Planner when I logged on the next time, not sure if I ever got an email about it.

If you're not showing the balance due in the Planner, maybe the balance due is under the other reservation number? Each room has its own reservation number....

Thanks. So far no email. Will wait another day but have a feeling our reservation is messed up. We booked online for one room. Then called in and changed to 2 rooms (with OBC split between them). It was a very long call to get it switched and we don't see both reservations under one email reservation (something with different booking types). So will give it a day but call in tomorrow if no email.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I am confused by your post. Each cabin has it's own booking number so I don't see how 2 cabins could be on one. Also, the splitting of OBC also confuses me. I am thinking that when you booked originally, you got xyz amount of credit. If you booked a second cabin, without changing the original cabin info/passengers, that cabin would get whatever the promotion is now. If you took people out of your cabin to put in the second cabin, you are changing your reservation as well and whatever the promotion is for today is what you would get with the original cabin. If you just added a second cabin, with no change to the original reservation, the OBC would stay the same and the new cabin would get whatever the promotion is today. What did you do?

I am confused by your post. Each cabin has it's own booking number so I don't see how 2 cabins could be on one. Also, the splitting of OBC also confuses me. I am thinking that when you booked originally, you got xyz amount of credit. If you booked a second cabin, without changing the original cabin info/passengers, that cabin would get whatever the promotion is now. If you took people out of your cabin to put in the second cabin, you are changing your reservation as well and whatever the promotion is for today is what you would get with the original cabin. If you just added a second cabin, with no change to the original reservation, the OBC would stay the same and the new cabin would get whatever the promotion is today. What did you do?

Sorry. To clarify. All bookings are under refundable.

1. Booked one balcony stateroom online for the four of us (2 adults, 2 kids). Had OBC on room.
  2. Changed room to 2 promenade rooms (DH and I kept original booking #, kids got second booking #). Each room came with OBC. *At this point we used the OBC (Booked BOGO using OBC from stateroom 1, Booked excursion using OBC from stateroom 2).
  3. New promotion so I called in for price drop - No OBC but cheaper overall

So I would think that we need to pay back the OBC that we spent in second item above. So far, no notice that we owe anything (no email or indication in cruise planner)

Where did is the balance shown in the 'Cruise Planner'? Or is it in the 'Pay remaining balance' option? I'm not seeing anything in either of our 2 reservations.

TA called me and told me the base cruise fare is $130 short - please pay immediately or it will be cancelled soon....:eek:

Planner was fine as far as I could see - they shortened the cruise fare!:eek::o

TA called me and told me the base cruise fare is $130 short - please pay immediately or it will be cancelled soon....:eek:

Planner was fine as far as I could see - they shortened the cruise fare!:eek::o

Your cruise cancelled or what you purchased with your OBC? And this was before your final payment?

Good your TA notified you. We booked with Royal. Still no indication. I see order history on both accounts and list balance for the Bogo and Excursion as $0 CAD.

This happened to us just a few weeks ago. We'd made the booking ourselves and found that the price had dropped a great deal. We had already used our OBC for a wine tasting and wi-fi. DH called RCI and asked about an upgrade due to the price drop. (We were already after final payment.) The cruise consultant offered us a guaranteed balcony, unassigned, or a Forward Outside cabin, no charge but no onboard credit. Because we had already spent our OBC, she talked to Resolutions. They okayed our keeping the OBC and our OBC purchases.

It could be they gave us special treatment because this will be our first RCI cruise, but I really don't know.