Price Drop on Edge

hvsteve1

I don't know about other sailings, but the high prices on the Dec. 6 preview sailing have apparently not been too well received. There is still inventory as final payment approaches, especially in Sky Suites. We were booked in S3 and just upgraded to S1 for a lower price than we were going to pay for the S3.

I booked early and was interested in the MC angle. But, as more info came out, it appeared the balcony was going to have some issues and deck 6 has a partially obstructed view due to tenders. Also, the suite we picked is right near the elevators going up to the Retreat area where we plan to spend most of our time as we are on a B-to-B with Dec. 9 when we can hang out on the rest of the ship.

Deck 10 has a string of S1 and S2 either side of the elevator banks leading up to the retreat. We grabbed an S1. Saved $100 over the S3 we had.

Thanks..we'll take a look at the deck plan. We not want anything near Mag C side of the ship... Much of future bookings for us will depend on whether or not pricing stabilizes,

I think these went down b/c of the short duration of the cruises...not everyone can take advantage...and last minute airfares are high

Can I contact Celebrity and request rebooking at the lower fare? There are still staterooms in the class (S2) I booked.

You can call X or your TA to get the lower rate (as Oville said, as long as it is before final payment). Just make sure your perks will stay the same. With a suite, you should still get Go Best with cruises over 3 nights, but good to verify. You will get whatever perks are now included with that new price. I made that mistake once. :(

You can call X or your TA to get the lower rate (as Oville said, as long as it is before final payment). Just make sure your perks will stay the same. With a suite, you should still get Go Best with cruises over 3 nights, but good to verify. You will get whatever perks are now included with that new price. I made that mistake once. :(

Good point about the perks.

No perks on the preview cruises. Some people lucked out when the cruise was first announced but "X" woke up and realized they don't give perks on three night cruises. I'm assuming suites will have free drinks in The Retreat as they do in Michael's Club, but that's probably the limit.

No perks on the preview cruises. Some people lucked out when the cruise was first announced but "X" woke up and realized they don't give perks on three night cruises. I'm assuming suites will have free drinks in The Retreat as they do in Michael's Club, but that's probably the limit.

I was one of those lucky ones who received the Go Best on a 3 night preview on day 1 (I think Go Best was gone within a week). I figure we got about $1100 worth of Go Best benefits, which pushed me over the edge to take a suite at that price for 3 nights. I had originally booked AQ for the second preview, with one perk. When I switched to a suite later, I bought the Premium Beverage Package and internet when on sale, in part using the OBC they gave us for canceling the first cruise. It helped to take the sting out for not having Go Best.

I spoke with a corporate pre-cruise guest relations team member (who has access to a Reveal Team member in her office) last week and she said that that there would be the complimentary drinks in the Retreat Lounge (RL), but not at the Retreat Pool Bar. She said that everyone has Go Best in the suites so would get their drinks there as in any other bar on the ship (use the Premium Alcohol Package and pay the difference, if any). I wish I had remembered about the 3 night preview cruises (since we had it, I completely forgot) and repositioning cruises.

I hope they will let us take drinks out of the RL to the pool (would need plastic glasses/cans). Who knows, maybe they will change their minds before the cruise. :D

I was one of those lucky ones who received the Go Best on a 3 night preview on day 1 (I think Go Best was gone within a week). I figure we got about $1100 worth of Go Best benefits, which pushed me over the edge to take a suite at that price for 3 nights. I had originally booked AQ for the second preview, with one perk. When I switched to a suite later, I bought the Premium Beverage Package and internet when on sale, in part using the OBC they gave us for canceling the first cruise. It helped to take the sting out for not having Go Best.

I spoke with a corporate pre-cruise guest relations team member (who has access to a Reveal Team member in her office) last week and she said that that there would be the complimentary drinks in the Retreat Lounge (RL), but not at the Retreat Pool Bar. She said that everyone has Go Best in the suites so would get their drinks there as in any other bar on the ship (use the Premium Alcohol Package and pay the difference, if any). I wish I had remembered about the 3 night preview cruises (since we had it, I completely forgot) and repositioning cruises.

I hope they will let us take drinks out of the RL to the pool (would need plastic glasses/cans). Who knows, maybe they will change their minds before the cruise. :D

I guess that makes sense since everybody in a suite will have a premium package and perhaps the Retreat Pool Bar is treated differently from an accounting perspective than the Retreat Lounge. This will be different if there is a sailing where they do not offer Go Best like trans-Atlantic cruises. Or the preview cruises. I'm guessing you don't like drinking wine or champagne by the pool in a plastic cup??

I guess that makes sense since everybody in a suite will have a premium package and perhaps the Retreat Pool Bar is treated differently from an accounting perspective than the Retreat Lounge. This will be different if there is a sailing where they do not offer Go Best like trans-Atlantic cruises. Or the preview cruises. I'm guessing you don't like drinking wine or champagne by the pool in a plastic cup??

LOL, no, I don't, but they have given us the cheaper wine glasses when we have left Michael's before (since usually served in a Riedel-type glass in there). I don't drink wine by the pool anyway, but was thinking of cocktails and beer. Am I remembering correctly that the pool bar sells their drinks in hard plastic glasses instead of glass? I may be imagining that. Many pools do have signs saying "no glass containers" so that could be what I was thinking. I guess we could drink our wine out of boxes. ;)

This thread got me excited till I price shopped another lowly inside room for our cruise;). It would cost over 1000 more for the two of us to book at today’s prices. Surprised it has gone up that much.

• 2 weeks later...
I used the website which showed price drops last time we sailed but can't remember what it is now, can anyone help?

We can’t name it here but if you google cruise price alerts (and the name seems a bit fishy😉), you will likely get the one I use.