Outdoor movies on the Royal

juliet

Princess calls their outdoor screen Movies Under the Stars, and it is commonly referred to as MUTS. In the evenings, the pool loungers are set up with cushions and blankets for MUTS. During the day it is just the usual pool loungers.

I do not know specific movies/events playing on Royal. Maybe you can do a search using the name MUTS or the longer name spelled out. Good Luck!

Princess calls their outdoor screen Movies Under the Stars, and it is commonly referred to as MUTS. In the evenings, the pool loungers are set up with cushions and blankets for MUTS. During the day it is just the usual pool loungers.

I do not know specific movies/events playing on Royal. Maybe you can do a search using the name MUTS or the longer name spelled out. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply. Do they have something every night out there?

Thanks for the reply. Do they have something every night out there?

Yes, every night.

Some current movies playing (gathered from other threads) include:

Victoria and Abdul

Thor

Battle of the Sexes

Murder on the Orient Express

Etc...

YMMV as movies change around every two months or so...

Pretty easy to get chairs at night, they show the movies twice. Sporting events, if there are any during your cruise, may be a different story.. They usually only show major US sporting events such as playoff and Super Bowl for NFL, conference camps and World Series for Baseball, etc.

I agree with above info.

Be aware that even in the Caribbean it gets chilly on deck, especially when you're sitting still watching a movie. Princess has red & green plaid lap throw size blankets, but I would advise to take a sweatshirt, long pants and socks just for the movies on deck. Better o be prepared and not use than be cold and miserable. The movies at MUTS will appear a day or two later on the cabin tv.

Princess also has movie showings in the Princess Theatre during the day. I'm not sure if it's just on sea days, or regularly.

Production shows and live entertainment is available at night in several venues. Production shows are my favorite and are in the Princess Theatre. Your party needs to arrive about 30 minutes in advance for seats together for popular shows.

The Patter that is delivered to your cabin each night will have a schedule of events for the next day, so you can plan your time accordingly.

MUTS is an experience not to be missed if you enjoy movies. They often come around with popcorn in little bags as well which is a nice touch. I agree with the other posts about dressing warm.

If I am not mistaken, Princess pioneered this offering and in my opinion does the best job with the added touches like the padded seats, blankets and popcorm.

Check the cushion on the lounger before you snag a spot. It only takes one time of discovering the lounger cushion is soaking wet to make one wary. Also, on our last cruise we gave up trying to watch MUTS as we couldn't hear well enough to understand what was being said in the movie. When I checked directly in front of the screen it was fine but the only loungers available were on the second tier and off to the side and it was a real battle to try to follow the movie. It was unfortunate as we really like MUTS. On a 28 day cruise we only watched one movie on MUTS due to this issue.

Note: I did ask that they turn up the volume and was told they would do so right away but if they did turn it up it must have been by a minuscule amount.

Check the cushion on the lounger before you snag a spot. It only takes one time of discovering the lounger cushion is soaking wet to make one wary. Also, on our last cruise we gave up trying to watch MUTS as we couldn't hear well enough to understand what was being said in the movie. When I checked directly in front of the screen it was fine but the only loungers available were on the second tier and off to the side and it was a real battle to try to follow the movie. It was unfortunate as we really like MUTS. On a 28 day cruise we only watched one movie on MUTS due to this issue.

Note: I did ask that they turn up the volume and was told they would do so right away but if they did turn it up it must have been by a minuscule amount.

We've had similar experiences. I really wish Princess would subtitle their movies then everyone could understand what was being said.

ever occur to you to go earlier to snag a better lounger/location?:rolleyes:

ever occur to you to go earlier to snag a better lounger/location?:rolleyes:

When there are over 3,000 passengers it fills quickly. I did go to the theater presentations very early in order to snag decent seating but the theater also has vastly more seats than MUTS. Additionally, in the theater one can hear what is happening no matter where the seat is. One shouldn't have to snag a seat dead center on the lower level in order to be able to understand what is being said in the movie on MUTS.

They should have subtitles & reduce the sound on all MUTS movies.