$120 NYE Party on Explorer

Apparently Explorer of the Seas is charging $120 to attend a New Years Eve Party on the pool deck. Prices are lower for drink package people.

Any other ships doing this also?

Are you sure?? Last year we paid to reserve a table on the champagne bar for the NYE celebration.

Total rip off and a joke.....I can't believe the prices RCI is trying to charge for things...but as long as ppl pay, of course they will.

Holiday cruises are already jacked up prices...your going to pay extra to stand on a pool deck for an hour or two?

I don't know what kind of jobs ppl have or where they get money to blow on things like this.....

OMG...after paying to cruise over NYE, they want MORE money???? Insane. I would cancel the cruise (if it were for next year!) and party elsewhere.

As long as people keep paying for things that should be included, they will think up more and more ways to get your money....

Edited by cb at sea

I was on the Explorer last year for New years. Its not worth it. All they do a close off a section of the pool area and have a DJ and its Open Bar. But when I walked by I only saw like 20 people. Didn't look fun. They had a huge party in the promenade that was 100 times better.

I was on the Explorer last year for New years. Its not worth it. All they do a close off a section of the pool area and have a DJ and its Open Bar. But when I walked by I only saw like 20 people. Didn't look fun. They had a huge party in the promenade that was 100 times better.

That's what some actually like..

Go to Vegas and see how much people pay for bottle service. Many like the idea of paying an exorbitant amount of money to experience something others can't... The cruise lines are just cashing in on those people.

As a stockholder I approve this service :-)

That's what some actually like..

Go to Vegas and see how much people pay for bottle service. Many like the idea of paying an exorbitant amount of money to experience something others can't... The cruise lines are just cashing in on those people.

As a stockholder I approve this service :-)

I am also a stockholder, but don't approve of this charge for a NYE pool deck party. The prices to sail over NYE are higher as it is....and it is disgusting to charge for a NYE party on board.

Wow... what a rip off for a party that should be included with the high prices everyone is already paying. They should just charge extra for one-night open bar wrist bands or something, but not make purchasing them required to join the party.

Edited by UCF_Knight

I am also a stockholder, but don't approve of this charge for a NYE pool deck party. The prices to sail over NYE are higher as it is....and it is disgusting to charge for a NYE party on board.

They aren't forcing anyone to buy the package. I'm sure they are upfront about what you will receive..

Those that don't want to participate have the rest of the ship to celebrate.

They aren't forcing anyone to buy the package. I'm sure they are upfront about what you will receive..

Those that don't want to participate have the rest of the ship to celebrate.

They are forcing those that paid a premium for a NYE cruise to either pay more to use public venues, or be blocked from using them. :rolleyes:

They are forcing those that paid a premium for a NYE cruise to either pay more to use public venues, or be blocked from using them. :rolleyes:

I had NYE cruise on my bucket list and was willing to pay extra on fare because I assumed something special would be happening. Not sure at this point what we will do. Have not heard what are the plans for pool deck. Up charges on Anthem range from $500 to $3000. Going to try to find out later today about pool deck festivities.

Waiting for bingo to start!

When we celebrate and party for New Years Eve, we book something with a big group of close friends.

I think its the friends that make the party as well as a kinda nice venue.

But, to pay that much on a cruise with if your lucky some new friendships for us is not worth it.

I would have more fun on the Promenade with others just having fun.

Enjoy

Happy New Years.

as some one who dislikes overly crowded venues and would like to keep my hearing as long as possible, the idea of an exclusive area with far fewer people in it appeals to me.

if I partied( which I do not, the last time I was up til midnight on NYE when when I was babysitter and the families whose kids I were watching stayed out til 0200. ) the LAST place I'd want to be was on the promenade with a hundred or more people crowding the area , shrieking to be heard above the noise and sloshing bad fake champagne all over my clothes.

that beings aid the prices being quoted are too high and I would never pay it unless it also included a nice dinner or a table of heavy hor'deurves

umm okay. so how likely are YOU to want to use the pool deck at 11 pm?! at least it's there and not in one of the lounges,

as some one who dislikes overly crowded venues and would like to keep my hearing as long as possible, the idea of an exclusive area with far fewer people in it appeals to me.

if I partied( which I do not, the last time I was up til midnight on NYE when when I was babysitter and the families whose kids I were watching stayed out til 0200. ) the LAST place I'd want to be was on the promenade with a hundred or more people crowding the area , shrieking to be heard above the noise and sloshing bad fake champagne all over my clothes

I learned that lesson when I paid $20 pp for a free outdoor Billy Joel tribute concert. The $20 seats were in the first three rows and the sound was deafening; we had to move to the free seats :D The NYE party might be the same situation.

Have to laugh at this because today I was reading Olive Garden was charging $400 in New York City for I guess all you can eat and open bar. That's right Olive Garden. I'll be home on my warm couch with my family and my bottle of wine. One night I'm glad to be home.

Edited by Sky616

umm okay. so how likely are YOU to want to use the pool deck at 11 pm?! at least it's there and not in one of the lounges,

I don't get your question, but when I pay a 2X or 3X premium to cruise over NYE I am not shelling out hundreds more for a seat in a public space.

RIP OFF

Have to laugh at this because today I was reading Olive Garden was charging $400 in New York City for I guess all you can eat and open bar. That's right Olive Garden. I'll be home on my warm couch with my family and my bottle of wine. One night I'm glad to be home.

I read that also. Bubba Gump Shrimp is charging $799 and they are sold out.

I guess conspicuous consumption is roaring back in 2016 in a massive way.