Elite---internet ?.....

monakayk

I am now Elite status and wanted to know if I will be able to get unlimited internet during my cruise. Do I have to do anything 'special' to login for this option? Any information you can example how this works would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am now Elite status and wanted to know if I will be able to get unlimited internet during my cruise. Do I have to do anything 'special' to login for this option? Any information you can example how this works would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Unlimited internet for Elites was done away with years ago.

You only get the Platinum/Elite free minute allotment depending on the length of the cruise

They are currently giving unlimited internet on The Regal and The Caribbean Princess but those are the only two ships at the moment. Otherwise it’s the same amount of minutes that they are always given for Platinum & Elites.

First: which ship are you on?

Not all--or even half at this point--offer unlimited internet for purchase, never mind as a Captains Circle perk.

(Those that do: Regal, Grand, Coral, Caribbean; plus Emerald will begin late this year)

And the reports from the above ships that do have varied. When you log onto Princess at Sea to view your internet options, the per-minute plan you qualify for will be free. The ships that offer unlimited internet for purchase may give you the option to pay the difference for one of the three unlimited plans. Or not--this is all a work in progress.

Regal Princess only had been giving the unlimited plan to Platinum and Elite level pax with no upcharge as a make-up for the launch failure of the Medallion. Again, reports vary as to whether or not that is still happening.

Right now it depends on what ship and when you are cruising. THey are in the process of changing to the supposedly high speed internet which includes unlimited packages, so some ships are currently giving an unlimited package as the platinum/elite benefit. Most are still doing minutes based on length of the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I believe some recent posts from select ships(Regal and Caribbean) that are rolling out Medallion have reported Platinum and Elites are receiving unlimited , but believe it is only during this brief period and will revert to the specified free limited minutes based on length of voyage.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess....so I guess we get unlimited internet. YEAH!

Just curious...why are the Caribbean and Regal allowed unlimited internet?

Thanks for the info!:D:D:D

Its on a cruise by cruise basis right now.

Not sure if it will be that way when you sail in late October.

Its being given right now to help test the system as they install Medallion and get it up and running.

Also because Medallion was promised on the Regal last year and they had major issues implementing it. Regal passengers were compensated (OBC) last fall due to the fact it was never implemented for those fall/winter cruises.

Now it is being installed on the CB and the Regal.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess....so I guess we get unlimited internet. YEAH!

At the rate they're installing the ***** on the CB I doubt if they'll still be offering free internet by late October. I believe this was given to the people as a perk since the ***** wasn't ready.

Would have been nice. :cool:

At least it's improved from what it used to be.

Don't celebrate too fast. The answer is still maybe yes, maybe no. When you log on to the internet it will show you which internet plan will be no charge. It may be one of the PrincessCONNECT plans, or it may be one of the by the minute plans. There may also be an option to upgrade to one of the PrincessCONNECT plans at a cost.

You also indicate that you are now Elite so now you get free internet. However, complementary internet starts at the platinum level and does not change when reaching elite status. You should have had complementary internet for quite some time.

At the rate they're installing the ***** on the CB I doubt if they'll still be offering free internet by late October.

I'm on the ship now and asked how much longer it would be free. I was told by someone very much in the know that the free period is ending soon. Exact words...Like really, really, soon.

I wouldn't count on free unlimited in late October for sure.

I'm on the ship now and asked how much longer it would be free. I was told by someone very much in the know that the free period is ending soon. Exact words...Like really, really, soon.

I wouldn't count on free unlimited in late October for sure.

Thanks idahospud. That's what I figured on.

Although their allotment of minutes is usually sufficient it would have been a nice touch for a change.

Thanks idahospud. That's what I figured on.

Although their allotment of minutes is usually sufficient it would have been a nice touch for a change.

If the minute allotment was sufficient for you before, the speed alone of this new internet may make your allotment feel like a surplus. No longer do you have to wait and wait and wait for pages to load, no more problems with it disconnecting in the middle of what you're doing, or it taking two minutes just to get logged on, or any of the other quirks it had that kept making the allotted minutes tick away. Now you log on and BAM you are surfing like you would at home. It is amazing!

First: which ship are you on?

Not all--or even half at this point--offer unlimited internet for purchase, never mind as a Captains Circle perk.

(Those that do: Regal, Grand, Coral, Caribbean; plus Emerald will begin late this year)

And the reports from the above ships that do have varied. When you log onto Princess at Sea to view your internet options, the per-minute plan you qualify for will be free. The ships that offer unlimited internet for purchase may give you the option to pay the difference for one of the three unlimited plans. Or not--this is all a work in progress.

Regal Princess only had been giving the unlimited plan to Platinum and Elite level pax with no upcharge as a make-up for the launch failure of the Medallion. Again, reports vary as to whether or not that is still happening.

> plus Emerald will begin late this year

Can you confirm Emerald is not offering unlimited-minute internet on her current season in Alaska?

Emerald already has the MEO dishes required for unlimited-minute internet --not that they would be able to

reach any MEO satellites from Alaska. It would be informative to know if IT and Marketing have finally figured

out that little detail. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...