Too hot?

neptune18

I cruised on the Enchantment last September 15th to the Western Carib and it was very hot. However, if you dress appropriately, you'll be OK. Some suggestions:

Take a light colored umbrella if you are sun sensitive. It makes a great parasol (for women). I bought an eclipze umbrella that reflects the heat and it really did help. My friend got one, too. She is skin cancer prone.

Pack a small spray bottle in your bag with plain water. You cannot believe the difference in your core body temperature (or at least the feel) when you spray water down inside the front of your clothing.

SUNSCREEN!!!!

Have a great time; we did!

We have done the Western itinerary twice in August...and yes it is HOT...just like pcr said, dress appropriately. The water spray bottle is something we have always used not only for the western...but for others too...including the beach here. You can ask for ice in your cabin everyday and add that to the spray bottle. I also recommend the earlier in the day you do excursions the better.

We've done a Western itinerary in the beginning of July.

Belize, Grand Cayman & Colzumel were warm but fine. Costa Maya was unbearable and we lasted 15 minutes in the port and went back on the ship.

I really think it depends on your tolerance to the heat.

My hubby and I just got back from the Southern Caribbean itinerary on the AOS and we've both said that we will not go to the Caribbean this time of year again. It was between 95 and 100 every day and although it was tolerable while on board, in port it was just too hot to be enjoyable.

JMHO

If you're from a cold weather area, it will be totally hot and humid. If you're from Florida, you probably won't notice that much difference!

I prefer cruising in the spring....nice and warm, but no threat of hurricanes...although you can have storms any time!

It definitely depends on your tolerance level for hot weather. Also, the kind of excursions you do. We were hot but once in the water or under a shade, everything was great. Now, when we went horsbackriding, I wanted to kill myself! haha

Everyone has their tolerances, but you can expect 95-100 along with high humidity. If you are in and out of the water you won't feel it that much, but if you like to stay dry and walk around a lot, you probably won't last too long in port.

Archived